1.    #1  
    all of a suddent my ringer is VERY quiet even at max volume. I am running volumecare.

Any ideas?
    I don't see the need for volumecare with the Centro. It's the loudest Palm device I've had.
  3.    #3  
    Not sure how this related to my question.. but...Loud for a palm device? yes. Ringer plenty loud(before this problem) hell yes..

speaker volume? "OK" at best. compared to my top-line regular phones (sanyo, etc) it is only average.
    it is plenty loud in a quiet enviroment... and the SPEAKER PHONE is good too.. but the regular ear piece does NOT cut it in the following situations(where my sanyo M1 did)
    At the race track (i drive race cars)
    at the club ( i like to get frreaakyyyy)
    in my loud street car(s) (i drive a couple bad *** street cars that are loud)

In the office.... i have to turn it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordonmusser View Post
    all of a suddent my ringer is VERY quiet even at max volume. I am running volumecare.

Any ideas?
    I don't really have any concrete notion of what is happening on your Centro, but is their any chance you have activated VolumeCare's "application mode?" I believe that VolumeCare's "application mode" presents you with the ability to either increase or decrease ringer volume. Perhaps this setting was somehow inadvertently changed.

Also, while the Centro is the loudest Palm device I've ever owned, I've also found that VolumeCare was still quite useful on the Centro. I've certainly found that in situations where the ambient noise is very loud, or the other caller is speaking very softly, VolumeCare helped to remedy things.
  5.    #5  
    Just fyi, I rebooted my centro (pulled battery) and the volume was back to normal. a few days later, the ringer got quiet.. rebooted again, and its ok again. so far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I don't see the need for volumecare with the Centro. It's the loudest Palm device I've had.
    VolumeCare does give you an additional 10 decibels of volume and that is very useful for those that need the extra volume. VolumeCare also allows you to adjust the volume of the microphone. This allows you to reduce background noise if you are in a loud environment.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jordonmusser View Post

Any ideas?
    I am assuming that you have enabled the RingTone Volume feature in APPLICATION MODE and you have the volume adjusted near the top of the volume range. I am also assuming that you have properly set the ringtone volume setting in the PREFS application. If both of these conditions are true, another application may have reduced the volume of your back speaker and locked it so it can not be changed until the next reboot.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I checked for updates through the volumecare software and there was one available. I'm now using ver 6.15. Make sure you disable volumecare before you do the update.