Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Question for you guys running Lightspeed. My 755p is normally a little quicker using Lightspeed with basically no lag when switching to "any" app.

It does seem to have one problem that happens from time to time - that is if you leave the 755p sitting for awhile and then you pick it up to start using it, there seems to be a small wake up time or lag if you will of 2 maybe 3 seconds - after that inital wakeup lag, then everything is speedy again.

Is there a tweakable fix for this?
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 02/11/2008 at 02:36 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    The best thing about LS for me so far is how it much it speeds-up VersaMails "cancel" action. Without LS, "canceling" anything in VersaMail takes forever, so much so its not worth even using it. With LS. canceling actually can be used!
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    peterlemonjello,

I would bet the background "polling" is causing the problem - as far as oc'ing being similar to pc's cpu, you are correct some Treo cpu's are on one side of the spec while others fall to the other side.

Also unlike oc'ing a pc cpu where you oc once and all apps run at that oc tweak that you set - the Intel 312mhz pxa270 which by the way has a max safe of 520mhz according to their spec - Lightspeed is "just" oc'ing the app - since that is the case, that is why my apps do not use the the same oc - I originally tried that and some apps worked, some almost worked ,some apps definitely didn't work.

I have found that you have to tune for max speed/reliabilty for each app - I also found that if an app that I set to 208/520 didn't go any faster than 208/416, I kept it at the lower setting - because if I kept it to the higher value, at some point it would crash my 755p.

Another thing I found is that all the apps I used including a launcher had to be oc'd because if I didn't I would get lag in between programs as Lightspeed would have to jump "up" or jump "down" too far back to the default setting of 208/312.

In other words - whether this is true or not - for me the lag problem is deifnitely less noticable when I set it "my" way - my reasoning here is it seems to be less lag to jump from 208/416 to 208/520 and then back to 208/416 than say 208/312 to 208/520 and back to 208/312 if that makes any sense - especially if you were really beating on it when testing. BTW I can reproduce and eliminate the lag thru my settings - why it is that way I really can't say - but it works for me.

Bottom line for me, is I have no lag between programs and its really nice to have the cache in Blazer set to clear on exit with less than a 5 sec wait time to exit to any hard key app - definitely faster than clearing the cache manually and then exiting. Also setting Blazer that way there is no white screen when you are waiting for the cache to clear - it simply sits on that webpage and then exits immediately to the other program.

Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks Mouse, your info helped.
    I don't think the Treo can handle high bus speeds except in a few applications - are you trying to set the bus at 234 for "all" the settings as default? - reread my post #147 as that might help you?

I basically individualy tune one app at a time - one that app is stable, I go and tune another app - I only tune the apps I use - the rest of the apps I leave at the default 208/312.
    Say what? Check my benchmark tests. My Centro is rock solid at all of those speeds. Those tests were done with every app overclocked to those speeds and I didn't have stability problems at any of those settings. The ONLY settings where I did get resets were the ones that show up as red in LightSpeeds settings. None of the red ones were stable on my Centro.
    I don't want to speak for Mouse but I believe he was referring to my post where I specifically mentioned using a VZW 700p. I didn't read it in a way where he was applying that logic across all treos.
    peterlemonjello - we must have answered nsxprime at the same time - and my post fell below yours - btw way thank you for explaining to nsxprime for me

The below response was meant as a reply to nsxprime

You must have a more overclockable CPU than mine - just like pc's the exact same part numbered processor doesn't mean that they can be overclocked in the same exact way or have the same overclockability.

You lucky dog you! :-)

I can handle all bus speeds up to 234 - just not 260, otherwise I get this battery countdown and it locks my 755p up until I pull the battery :-(
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 02/11/2008 at 02:32 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Say what? Check my benchmark tests. My Centro is rock solid at all of those speeds. Those tests were done with every app overclocked to those speeds and I didn't have stability problems at any of those settings. The ONLY settings where I did get resets were the ones that show up as red in LightSpeeds settings. None of the red ones were stable on my Centro.
    nsxprime,

Do you get any "initial" lag upon startup after your Centro has been sitting for at least 10 minutes or so?

I can duplicate my lag program at leat 90% of the time - when I "disable" LS than I have no inital lag on startup.

It seems like LS goes to sleep and needs to wakeup before the cursor moves after the command to move is given.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I get that lag you're speaking about, Mouse
    Shinner23,

I'm glad (really not) to see someone else has the problem also - I hope they fix the "wakeup lag".

or maybe?

And I have not tried this yet, because I think the "wakeup lag" will still be there - if I set "all" settings to a moderate 208/416 - the "wakeup lag" will go away? Maybe it is just LS and it has to go to sleep. :-(
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Lag here as well, usually for about 5 seconds or so...
    Yes, I wonder of those that have a "wakeup lag" when using LS speakup.

And if you found a cure for it - to spill the secret on how to fix it. :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Short of turning LS off, I've not found a setting that cures the lag. I'm still playing around with different settings so if I find something that works, I'll post...
    Thanks dlai - I wonder if the guys at clievideo.com know the answer or a fix - I'm sure they look at this thread.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

i have had the wakeup lag in the past and i came across two different apps that were causing it

phone disconnect and a beta version of butler....if u have one of those apps move to card and make sure that u still have...the phone disconnect i believe has been fixed and with butler i was told that it was doing allot of debugging on power on... something to do with the new keyguard.. even if u dont use the keyguard in butler.. just sharing my past experience
    Thanks italiangspot,

What is "phone disconnect" - is that part of Butler or shadowmite's popup eliminator?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Thanks italiangspot,

What is "phone disconnect" - is that part of Butler or shadowmite's popup eliminator?
    NEITHER, It plays a sound when u disco call and also has an alert and LED control for missed calls and sms

can find here

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...reeware/Other/
    nsxprime,

Do you get any "initial" lag upon startup after your Centro has been sitting for at least 10 minutes or so?

I can duplicate my lag program at leat 90% of the time - when I "disable" LS than I have no inital lag on startup.

It seems like LS goes to sleep and needs to wakeup before the cursor moves after the command to move is given.
    Yes, I get the lag but I'm also running the newest Butler beta and it has a known bug in the screenlock, so that might be causing the lag. I haven't tried turning off the Butler lock.

I've never gotten the battery countdown problem that other people mention. 100% solid at 260MHz bus speeds. Remember that I'm using a Centro though so there might be differences between components. Even getting something like RAM from a different company could easily account for ability/inability to overclock.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I don't have Butler but I do have Phone Disconnect. I removed Phone Disconnect but the lag is still there.
    It does seem to have one problem that happens from time to time - that is if you leave the 755p sitting for awhile and then you pick it up to start using it, there seems to be a small wake up time or lag if you will of 2 maybe 3 seconds - after that inital wakeup lag, then everything is speedy again.

Is there a tweakable fix for this?
    When the Treo wakes up from deep sleep the CPU is running at the standard speed (208/312). Shortly after (1-2 seconds) the keyguard has been unlocked LS will change the CPU speed to what the user has chosen for the application which is running.

The alternative would be that after deep sleep the running application will always run at the standard speed instead of what speed the user has set it to run at in Lightspeed. This could be added as a user preference though if requested.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    When the Treo wakes up from deep sleep the CPU is running at the standard speed (208/312). Shortly after (1-2 seconds) the keyguard has been unlocked LS will change the CPU speed to what the user has chosen for the application which is running.

The alternative would be that after deep sleep the running application will always run at the standard speed instead of what speed the user has set it to run at in Lightspeed. This could be added as a user preference though if requested.
    Clievideo,

Any update on the battery drain bug?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast