Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I quit experiencing the problem when I lowered the bus speed. My VZW 700p is stable at 208 x 2.5 and 221 x 2. Once I bump the bus up to 234 I frequently get the shutdown problem. FWIW, if I have the cpu too high the phone just locks up.
    Hey guys I sent the creator of the program the following questions and havent heard from him yet (Im sure hes wicked busy with the new release news!!) So I thought Id ask you guys only because Im going to start with my project tonight (my new card is waiting for me at home) here it goes:

Ive got a T700P and Im getting a 16GB SDHC card in the next day or 2. Im mainly using my card for music and pictures.

What Im finding is that when I mass transfer files from my PC to a card it doesnt want to transfer them all and I have to create sub folders.

Annnnnnnnnywhooooooo

Ive found that Resco Explorer allows me to transfer my files from the sub folder into the main folder that I originally intended.

The problem is its PAINFULLY slow. My thinking is if I overclock my 700 that file transfer will speed up.

My questions are:

Will overclocking and using it for an extended period of time (overnight say) hurt my processor?

Second: Can I just overclock specific programs?

Lastly... do you think this program will allow for faster transfer speeds on my card from file to file?

Ok I lied... last question here... should I overclock the processor or the bus to help in this situation (assuming this will help)

Thanks!

Ive since thought of one more question after reading this whole thread, if I keep the Treo plugged into the wall will I still experience the false battery reading?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    FYI-speed test. I use BWM to track my meals and exercise. Database look-up of a specific food item takes 33 seconds without Lightspeed, 19 seconds with Lightspeed set to 234 x 2.5
    and 10 vs 18 seconds opening a spreadsheet in DTG (234 x 2.5)
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    Thanks to all for the timings. I was able to finally see that couple second increase in speed of loading the treocentral page as noted by CountBuggula and a pdf speed increase in DocsToGo as noted by MouseGlider. I guess I was just expecting a more substantial increase overall. These slight increases aren't enough for me to bother with for the price. This sounds like it'll great for the gamers, but looks like I'll be passing on it.
    I'm not trying to sell you on the idea of purchasing for the small increase of 2 secs per page in my pdf document - but when you open and breeze thru 15 pages times 2 seconds each - thats a 30 second increase.

And when I change channels on my Tivo it takes about 2 seconds rather than 7 seconds - and when you are channel surfing its a pain in the ****.

So if you look at it that way - it a pretty good increase.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    How has the stability been for you guys? I have had this crash my 700p 4 times now when the phone is sitting unattended... Either when Chatter goes to check mail, or when 4cast checks the weather (and all of these programs are set to run at default speed). I'm not sure if there is a real problem with the program, or this is being caused by the annoying pop-up message that shows up in between switching programs... Each time though, Lightspeed is the cause of the crash. There is no way I would pay for this in it's current state...
    sideman7,

It might be because of an incompatibilty of chatter and 4 cast - let the author know so they can fix the problems - since they may not have tested those two programs with Lightspeed - the popup probably doesn't help either.

Lightspeed so far has not interfeared with my programs - Example my SAG and Kinoma do not play nice wheather Lightspeed is loaded or not.

I think the only time Lightspeed will show its darkside is if you "way" overclock it - BTDT
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    How has the stability been for you guys? I have had this crash my 700p 4 times now when the phone is sitting unattended... Either when Chatter goes to check mail, or when 4cast checks the weather (and all of these programs are set to run at default speed). I'm not sure if there is a real problem with the program, or this is being caused by the annoying pop-up message that shows up in between switching programs... Each time though, Lightspeed is the cause of the crash. There is no way I would pay for this in it's current state...
    I use both of these programs, no problems.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Ive got a T700P and Im getting a 16GB SDHC card in the next day or 2. Im mainly using my card for music and pictures.
    Simple solution; buy a card reader. It's faster and more reliable.

As for LightSpeed and slow USB transfers, no, I believe the USB transfer speed is the limitation here between the 680 and the computer, I bet it's USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 Full Speed (ie: 12mbit, 2-3 in reality most often).
    Thanks for all the feedback sofar. About the low battery warning message, this looks like a bug in the system code that reads the battery level for the 700p and 755p.

The ones of you who have a 680 or a Centro, if you have ever seen the low battery warning message I'd like to know about it.

And for those who are seeing this message, could you write here at what settings you are using? Something like "I am using a 700p, I never get the low battery warning message at the 221/552 setting, I sometimes see it at the 234/585 setting and I always see it at the 260/520 setting."

It looks sofar this is related mostly to higher bus speed. If someone has seen this with a bus speed of 208 I'd like to know about it.

Thanks,
    Jonatan
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback sofar. About the low battery warning message, this looks like a bug in the system code that reads the battery level for the 700p and 755p.

The ones of you who have a 680 or a Centro, if you have ever seen the low battery warning message I'd like to know about it.

And for those who are seeing this message, could you write here at what settings you are using? Something like "I am using a 700p, I never get the low battery warning message at the 221/552 setting, I sometimes see it at the 234/585 setting and I always see it at the 260/520 setting."

It looks sofar this is related mostly to higher bus speed. If someone has seen this with a bus speed of 208 I'd like to know about it.

Thanks,
    Jonatan

Treo 680 here & no warning for now but still dont try more than 460 & I just overcloack some apps & underclock some other not the whole system.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

As for LightSpeed and slow USB transfers, no, I believe the USB transfer speed is the limitation here between the 680 and the computer, I bet it's USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 Full Speed (ie: 12mbit, 2-3 in reality most often).
    I am using a card reader to do this. For some reason my PC doesnt like to transfer lots of files to another folder. It wants to do it piecemeal.

Im doing this with my built in card reader on my lapper.

Its frustrating.
    There is no spoon.

So Im trying to transfer lots of pictures to my new 16GB card via my internal card reader as Ive said. Then it gets hosed so then I have to create a sub folder to start the process again until that gets hosed ad nausium untill all my files get transferred.

Once they all get on the card, I mount it in my Treo and Ive found that Resco Explorer allows me to dump those files from the sub folders into the originally intended folder. As I said the transfer is painfully slooooooooow. So since its mounted in the 700P and Im using Explorer, my question was whether or not you guys thought Lightspeed would help speed up those transfers.

Hope Im clear.

Now as far as the battery drain issue, have you guys gotten the error while the unit is plugged into your AC or JUST under battery power? Will plugging it into your PC or your wall work around it?
    There is no spoon.

Thanks,
    Jonatan

755p settings of 234 X 2.5 = 585 for me. Blazer shows the low battery message within ten seconds of usage.

Thanks,
    Jonatan
    Havent seen any issues on my Centro. Only issues seem to have been a few third party softwares that I had to tweak the speed.
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    700p 260 x 2 gives me battery warning
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Kinoma even without Lightspeed loaded is VERY unstable while using SAG.
    Not to say that you're not seeing problems, but lots of our customers use Kinoma with SAG. We don't currently have reproducible cases of crashes from using that combo.

If you can help us create a reproducible crash, we'd appreciate it and will do everything we can to fix it. We've previously worked with the Softick folks on issues with earlier versions of SAG, and we'd be happy to again.

You mentioned that if you touch any SAG settings, Pocket Tunes will crash as well. If you uninstall Lightspeed completely, do you apps work reliably with SAG then?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Hi Charles,

Lightspeed in my instance makes no difference whether it is loaded or not - and although maybe SAG 1.17 and CallRec 5.2 is said not to work well, in my case it does.

Kinoma 4.4 with SAG 1.17 (I know there is a 1.18) will like clockwork skip every 14 seconds when playing an mp3 sometimes it will make it all the way thru the song, and most of the time it will not - I have tried many different combo settings in SAG and I belive I have the most stable combo now - anyways with my current "stable setting" my Kinoma podcast have no problem playing and no skipping anywhere, only the mp3's and YouTube bookmarks (when YouTube was working - you said you were checking on in another post) have a problem - audio and video on a 755p might not have enough horsepower and I'm probably asking to much of it to stream, play audio, and video with or without Lightspeed.

Pocket Tunes Basic 4.05 and my newly installed Basic free upgrade 4.06 had never had a problem again with or wothout Lightspeed loaded - even in background play and screen off in 30 secs. - In fact Kinoma works best if I have the screen set to never go off and if I want it off I hit the red button to shut the screen off - otherwise Kinoma will skip and sometimes play back the same section again - kind of weird.

But to restate fyi Pocket Tunes does not crash or skip and never has.

Hope this helps.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I use both of these programs, no problems.
    Is yours registered? If so, that would point to the pop up messages being the problem...
    Kinoma 4.4 with SAG 1.17 (I know there is a 1.18) will like clockwork skip every 14 seconds when playing an mp3...
    If that happened on my device, I would suspect that there was something stealing CPU time from the frontmost application every 14 seconds. Apps like ChatterEmail and Versamail (when set to constantly poll for new messages) are typical culprits.

Do you hear any skipping when SAG is set to it's fastest, lowest-quality setting? (Audio Gateway Configuration: 180+ Kbps, Quality 1, Disable Filter checked, Quality Tweaks: Optimize for Faster Speed)

Do you hear any skipping without SAG?

...audio and video on a 755p might not have enough horsepower and I'm probably asking to much of it to stream, play audio, and video with or without Lightspeed.
    SAG is extremely processor intensive -- when it's doing its thing, your phone has to not only decode the compressed audio and video, but then process and re-encode the audio for A2DP -- and that can make the difference whether processor-intensive multimedia files can play without skipping or not.

On the other hand, we definitely have customers using both that can play almost all Kinoma Media Guide content without problems. If we can identify the bottleneck, we should be able to get this to work.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast