Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    dlai, I just paid for this app...they sent me the code within minutes
    Thanks. I finally got my code about 10 hours after I purchased it, so I was just a bit concerned. All is fine now...
    Being that the T680 has such a lousy battery life, has anyone tried underclocking it with Lightspeed?
    If you have, have you noticed longer battery life?
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    dlai, I just paid for this app...they sent me the code within minutes
    Did you receive a code or a file to install?

Thanks
    definitely see a significant difference in speed, especially in blazer, ljp, dtg, and kinoma!!

as stated earlier in this thread, i did a test in kinoma, and many of the video links which gave me a "insufficient bandwidth" error were now playable, and the actual video play never overlapped the stream time, so the video played smooth the first time threw!!

Kinoma, there is definitely a connection here (or it's prolly just the os....which i wouldn't doubt).

Also, alot of snes games which were either unplayable or too slow ran very well...now i can play any game i want, and enjoy it...I will be buying this app!!

Just gonna run it for a couple of days to make sure it's stable, but so far so good!!

PXAclocker, you can kiss my ...you know the rest!!
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 01/19/2008 at 07:01 PM.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Lightspeed has crashed my phone (700p) once already on it's own, and I have no idea why... I only have a few programs (multimedia programs, google maps and blazer) selected for it to speed up, yet I saw my phone reset itself when it was sitting on the table. I checked via ##377#, and Lightspeed was the cause... Why it was running when the phone was unattended (and on the "phone" screen) is another question...

I have it shut off for now, I am not sure I quite trust it...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I definitely want to purchase this app, but only after the annoying low battery countdown is fixed, when the battery still has plenty of juice.
    Just don't set the bus higher than 260, in fact try backing it down one further, and increase the multiplier to compensate some.

Seems the 700P has weaker hardware than the 680, Centro, etc.
    khaytsus,

"Just don't set the bus higher than 260, in fact try backing it down one further, and increase the multiplier to compensate some."

I set it at the same settings that Count Buggula recommended:

Bus: 234 x 2.5 = 585 CPU.

Let me know if you think adjusting it some might help with the damn countdown. As pointed out, once it starts there is no stopping it and although its not a reset, it might as well be, because you have to wait for everything to load back up again and turn the radio back on. I have a 755p by the way (although I think your 700p comment was directed at the post just prior to yours).

Stu
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 01/19/2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts.
    They sent me a Code & a small PDB file.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    They sent me a Code & a small PDB file.

Tkz
    Boo hoo, after my post #37, I found that although it helped all my programs llisted, I thought I would try it with two newly purchased software apps that I had previously installed before I tried Lightspeed - CallRec 5.2 and SAG 1.17 and one hardware earbud Jabra BT8040 with A2DP stereo conversion to mono earbud.

Before installing Lightspeed everything worked fine - no lockups, crashes or anything except in one area of Kinoma when simply playing mp3's via Bluetooth streaming via SAG - streaming without Bluetooth was fine. The only thing that worked with Kinoma and Bluetooth streaming were podcasts - probably because it was less demanding.

My Kinoma with Bluetooth mp3 streaming would always lockup after about 1 to 3 minutes of play - I think it is the SAG program because when streaming with Bluetooth it will always give a small hiccup every 14 seconds and after enough hiccups, it will crash my 755p - so by simply loading Lightspeed without doing any setting changes at all will lockup my 755p in Kinoma.

Funny thing though, just loading Lightspeed without any setting changes seem to make my 755p snappier - although that doesn't make sense.

This is duplicateable with precision while using my SAG Bluetooth streaming - unloading Lightspeed, Kinoma will play with a slight hiccup and loading Lightspeed will definitely crash Kinoma.

Funny thing, using SAG with or without Bluetooth never made the basic version of Pocket Tunes 4.05 hiccup at all - including background play - Pocket Tunes for me is way stable no matter the setting and also with and without the background mode checked - Why Kinoma that supposedly is written more correctly per the POS is more unstable is a wonder to me.

It comes down to this, if I don't use the SAG and Bluetooth Streaming, Lightspeed works perfect - if I try to stream with Bluetooth, Pocket Tunes does fine, but Kinoma is VERY unstable - even without Lightspeed loaded Kinoma is unstable with SAG Bluetooth streaming.

I also played with different BUS and mulitpliers to no avail. Dang! I thought I almost had it there! :-(

Hope this info helps. Maybe the next revisions of SAG, Kinoma, and Lightspeed will play better together - after waiting so long for a Bluetooth audio streaming system, the increase in speed is less important - unstable 755p with reboots is not worth the slight increase in speed - and I do use Kinoma more than Pocket Tunes - I wish it were the other way around, then it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know which software is causing the conflict - bummer!!!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Just "trying" this out for 1st time, and trying is the operative word.

The app wont actually allow me to change any settings- I can choose apps from the list, and the change parameters screen appears, but I cant do anything with it. The current settings dont appear at all.

I thought this may have been a demo limitation - they say in manual for example that it might not allow you to change apps on card- but Ive tried it for apps in RAM swell, no dice.

anyone have any set-up issues like this?
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Just "trying" this out for 1st time, and trying is the operative word.

The app wont actually allow me to change any settings- I can choose apps from the list, and the change parameters screen appears, but I cant do anything with it. The current settings dont appear at all.

I thought this may have been a demo limitation - they say in manual for example that it might not allow you to change apps on card- but Ive tried it for apps in RAM swell, no dice.

anyone have any set-up issues like this?
    Okay, so a transparent blue screen shows up, should have some buttons for adjusting Bus and Multiplier, as well as values for Bus, Multiplier, and resulting MHz. None of this is showing?

Is this within LightSpeed, or from the command bar, or what?

No, never seen anything at all like this. There was one application that had a strange color setting which the settings screen was unreadable, but that was fixed. Does this happen for all programs, or just trying one?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Boo hoo, after my post #37, I found that although it helped all my programs llisted, I thought I would try it with two newly purchased software apps that I had previously installed before I tried Lightspeed - CallRec 5.2 and SAG 1.17 and one hardware earbud Jabra BT8040 with A2DP stereo conversion to mono earbud.

Before installing Lightspeed everything worked fine - no lockups, crashes or anything except in one area of Kinoma when simply playing mp3's via Bluetooth streaming via SAG - streaming without Bluetooth was fine. The only thing that worked with Kinoma and Bluetooth streaming were podcasts - probably because it was less demanding.

My Kinoma with Bluetooth mp3 streaming would always lockup after about 1 to 3 minutes of play - I think it is the SAG program because when streaming with Bluetooth it will always give a small hiccup every 14 seconds and after enough hiccups, it will crash my 755p - so by simply loading Lightspeed without doing any setting changes at all will lockup my 755p in Kinoma.

Funny thing though, just loading Lightspeed without any setting changes seem to make my 755p snappier - although that doesn't make sense.

This is duplicateable with precision while using my SAG Bluetooth streaming - unloading Lightspeed, Kinoma will play with a slight hiccup and loading Lightspeed will definitely crash Kinoma.

Funny thing, using SAG with or without Bluetooth never made the basic version of Pocket Tunes 4.05 hiccup at all - including background play - Pocket Tunes for me is way stable no matter the setting and also with and without the background mode checked - Why Kinoma that supposedly is written more correctly per the POS is more unstable is a wonder to me.

It comes down to this, if I don't use the SAG and Bluetooth Streaming, Lightspeed works perfect - if I try to stream with Bluetooth, Pocket Tunes does fine, but Kinoma is VERY unstable - even without Lightspeed loaded Kinoma is unstable with SAG Bluetooth streaming.

I also played with different BUS and mulitpliers to no avail. Dang! I thought I almost had it there! :-(

Hope this info helps. Maybe the next revisions of SAG, Kinoma, and Lightspeed will play better together - after waiting so long for a Bluetooth audio streaming system, the increase in speed is less important - unstable 755p with reboots is not worth the slight increase in speed - and I do use Kinoma more than Pocket Tunes - I wish it were the other way around, then it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know which software is causing the conflict - bummer!!!
    Try seting SAG to the default Palm speed, and Kinoma to a reasonable speed. If that fails, try setting both to default speed and see what happens.

One thing that might help here.. Failing all else, you could do bluetooth streaming and use a commandbar to set the speed to Palm stock speeds, but when watching a video, use the commandbar to speed things up a little. That is assuming that setting everything stock fixes the problem.

I'll ask the author about the SAG/Kinoma combination.. I wouldn't want to guess what happens between two such programs, but I have plenty of background apps running at 312 and stuff in the 'foreground' running faster. But the basic principle of how it works is the last-launched program is what the CPU is adjusted for.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    So far stable with a High setting to 234 X 2.5 = 585. There is one annoyance though and it only happens with Lightspeed enabled. There is a delay in my Butler Keyguard unlocking. If I disable Lightspeed my keyguard unlocks immediately. I'm using v4.21 Butler and not the new Butler with the newer keyguard. Anyone else see a delay in their Butler keyguard unlocking?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Thanks a bunch, Khaytsus, id forgotten about the command bar option, where i do see the settings. I also noticed that, back in the main Lightspeed app, when im using the change settings screen, even though the settings dont appear, using the arrows does change them eg as seen when you return to the big list.

having now had a chance to check it however, its basically reset-city on my unit, including getting caught in loops that requite hard-setting to escape. This is with quite minor increases in overall CPU speed. i might be able to tweak it i guess, but I dont have any app that cries out for CPU enhancement - I was just looking for overall improvement.

So i might wait until either LS moves forward, or I get a new model.

cheers
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 02/24/2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: fix quotes
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Thanks a bunch, Khaytsus, id forgotten about the command bar option, where i do see the settings. I also noticed that, back in the main Lightspeed app, when im using the change settings screen, even though the settings dont appear, using the arrows does change them eg as seen when you return to the big list.

having now had a chance to check it however, its basically reset-city on my unit, including getting caught in loops that requite hard-setting to escape. This is with quite minor increases in overall CPU speed. i might be able to tweak it i guess, but I dont have any app that cries out for CPU enhancement - I was just looking for overall improvement.

So i might wait until either LS moves forward, or I get a new model.

cheers
    The author or myself have never seen a hard reset necessary for LightSpeed, so I must assume that any reset loop you might have found yourself in would probably have been solved the same way any other one would be on a Palm Treo; take out the battery for 30+s, try an intermediate warm reset, etc..

To clarify, such reset loops seem to be fairly common in Palm OS 5 but not specific to LightSpeed by any means, I haven't had a reset loop on my 680 for over a month with some very initial experimentation with how to handle resets in LightSpeed (internal stuff, enabling itself, etc).

Overall, I'm surprised you're having such trouble honestly. I have a lot of software installed on my 680, but I'm curious what software you might have installed? And have you tried setting the Normal speed to palm default and only increasing the speed of specific apps?

What Treo do you have?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 02/24/2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Fix quotes
    khaytsus,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have already tried what you suggested. Kinoma even without Lightspeed loaded is VERY unstable while using SAG. Assuming an average mp3 song is about 3 to 4 minutes of playtime and using Kinoma with SAG is a guarantee that Kinoma will eventually lockup - and even when Kinoma is working somewhat - it hiccups with precision at every 14 second intervals no matter what settings I use in SAG or Lightspeed - and if it makes it thru the whole song, it will lockup when it goes to the next song.

I've tried many different combinations in SAG also. Simply put SAG and Kinoma don't play nicely together. Heck my 755p has no crashes now after a bit of fiddeling between CallRec 5.2 and SAG 1.17 - I guess CallRec 5.2 and SAG 1.18 is a bad combo though. I simply have to say my 755p is rock solid and is the best phone/pda combo I 've ever had!

Bluetooth in itself is another story, but so far this little Jabra BT8040 stays paired very nicely and has been the best for my 755p.

Pocket Tunes 4.05 works perfectly with SAG with or without Lightspeed - but if you modifiy the settings for Pocket Tunes in Lightspeed other than stock - it will crash Pocket Tunes also - I actually don't see a need to modify Pocket Ttunes with Lightspeed as it simply works perfect and is stable.

I read previous post how Kinoma states Pocket Tunes "may" not be written properly because of its ability to play in the background - but it seems to be easily more stable than Kinoma - I rarely use Pocket Tunes simply because it can't play video and I use Kinoma as my "all around" media player - but as I said before I wish it were the other way around because of stability issues. Or maybe there is another mediaplayer like Kinoma that is more stable like Pocket Tunes - I am open to suggestions there.

Also when I say crash or lockup, if I wait long enough and just hit the Jabra's BT8040 talk/end button I can get the 755p to reboot without touching the battery - in fact after playing with all my apps, mostly testing Kinoma, I must have a good 8 hours into trying to make this work with a slew of different combinations. I know I must be a glutton for punishment. :-)

Frustrating, but I would really like to get a stable Bluetooth Streaming Audio System with out headphones - for me a small one earbud system is all I need so maybe "that" is my problem? - the buffer in this little earbud is to small and maybe a hardware problem thrown in the mix? - anyways being able to watch SlingPlayer with Audio and Video via Bluetooth streaming may be too much to ask of this old POS and low horsepower hardware system of the 755p.

Other then this slight glitch which I can live without but would be nice to have scenario - I love the 755p - it's super stable and rock solid for the apps that I use - I think I may be asking to much of it - but if it could be fixed, that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks Again for your offer to talk to the authors of the software(s) in question!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Ok,

I was Lightspeed free on my 755p for 1/2 day and was going to wait awhile for the next upgrade before I try Lightspeed again - but from one of my earlier post, I said I thought just by loading Lightspeed and opening it one time to agree to the ULEA, I thought it made my 755p snappier - am I dreaming? - well I'm a glutton for punishment, so I reloaded Lightspeed again and tried my SlingPlayer again - I played with the SlingPlayer right before loading Lightspeed again to see if I could tell a difference with no setting mods, or simply enabling it in Lightspeed and without moving the phone in a different location.

My findings - it does work better, or maybe my signal got way better - SlingPlayer plays the video and audio with a lot less choppiness and plays better - why is that? - I did not change any settings - Lightspeed is at Bus 208, Multiplier 1.5, CPU 312 - does Lightspeed hook somewhere into the OS and thru it's own code and by some code hook make it snappier?

The only thing I can think/guess is since my phone has a CPU PXA270 - does that mean it is a 270mhz and running at 270mhz and that by loading even without enabling Lightspeed it brings to it it's default of 312mhz?

I'll play with this some more because I got the urge again for the need for speed :-).

There's always work arounds and compromises I guess - I think I'll just use Pocket Tunes for mp3 play in the normal mode or Bluetooth/SAG - some feel the Pocket Tunes is a nicer? mp3 player anyways, use Kinoma for podcast play in normal mode or Bluetooth/SAG - Kinoma mp3 and video play "never" with Bluetooth/SAG. I should be crash/lockup free again if I abid by these rules, or at least I hope so.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 01/20/2008 at 02:23 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

....but I have plenty of background apps running at 312 and stuff in the 'foreground' running faster. But the basic principle of how it works is the last-launched program is what the CPU is adjusted for.
    khaytsus,

Is there a way to have the Lightspeed speed default back to the standard 312 - it would be nice because if you were in a program that you juiced to a higher speed like 585, it would be nice that if you exit that program it would revert back to 312 thereby not ideling at 585 or does that not make a difference because you are idleling?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    khaytsus,

Is there a way to have the Lightspeed speed default back to the standard 312 - it would be nice because if you were in a program that you juiced to a higher speed like 585, it would be nice that if you exit that program it would revert back to 312 thereby not ideling at 585 or does that not make a difference because you are idleling?
    You're always running *something* in Palm OS. So if you exit back to your launcher, etc, it'll be at whatever speed that is.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 01/20/2008 at 06:07 PM.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast