Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Your right with all your finding's and it's 3.1
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    reverendrhino,

for most of the applications - keep your bus speed to 208 and cpu to 416 - then on your demanding apps use bus speed 208 and cpu to 520 - it seems to work best that way at least for me when LS only changes one parameter - also keep "like apps" at the same setting - for example if you use tcpmp and set it to 208/416, then set all the plugins for tcpmp to 208/416 also - again, that works well for me - at first I mistakenly set tcpmp to 208/520 and left the plugins to 208/416 and in some cases it got a little weird especially when I used sag.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    MouseGlider, that's exactly how I have my settings

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Great minds think a-like!

I do use 221/552 on NVBackup though - just a tad quicker in my experience by a couple of seconds on small files and more time savings on bigger files
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Got to change that one, I didn't even think about back up

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hi guys,

Does using Light Speed use more power and drain the battery faster? Im using a Centro now. Bus speed to 208 and cpu to 416 for most apps work fine. Thanks to MouseGlider and reverendrhino for all the info. : )
    MFB, it can on certain applications. Just keep an eye on it & read the help section inside the Lightspeed for ideas on the apps that would work, or their website.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

I was hoping if someone can share their insight.

I have the latest version 3.1 installed and I have set just 4 applications (Kinoma, SAG, LJP, and Blazer) on 208X2 settings (416 like reverendrhino
    and mouseglider suggested) I have Centro.

In past 2 days, I have experienced 9 soft resets. I am thinking about uninstalling it since I rather have stable system. Has other users experienced this many resets? Or is this a problem due to trying out the trial version? I was pretty excited about this program before I experienced resets...
    My Centro has been very stable just prior to installing lightspeed.

Another question... The website sites price at 14.95 and 24.95 for lifetime... Which ones have people purchased and how are they different? Any suggestions?

If MouseGlider is reading this, have you ever resolved the issue on using SAG with Kinoma (or PTunes, TCPMP)? What setting on SAG do you put on and how warm does your machine get? (How long does your battery last if you listen to PodCast online with SAG and Kinoma)
    mrbears (and others),

These are the settings that I use - this may give you a starting point. I like to keep like apps set to the same bus/cpu speed. It seems to be more stable that way if you use SAG, if you don't use SAG it might not make a difference, but I believe like apps should always run the same bus/cpu. These settings work for me after much testing and fine tuning on my Sprint 755p.

Sorry I don't know how to make clickable links, so simply cut and paste these urls in your browser without the quotes;
    (can anyone here give me a link to see how it is done - maybe something like <A HREF="http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-01.bmp" </a>) ??

"http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-01.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-02.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-03.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-04.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-05.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-06.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-07.bmp"
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/LS-08.bmp"

I also set Lightspeed's Preference Settings so Default = 208/416 - High = 208/520 - Low = 208/312 (for stock setting) - Highest manual is 221/552 makes it esier to chose from known settings that are stable when testing IMHO.

My Sprint 755p only has resets, if I am trying new software or doing a weird combination things that are always my fault. In other words my resets are only caused by me or by incompatible hardware software combinations. I always do a backup using NVBackup before I try something new, so if it does cause a reset, I can always go back to what I had and verify that it truly was some type of compatibilty problem of what I just added and that I can duplicate the problem as a verification test if you know what I mean.

Kinoma has not asnwered my last post on my problem. They said they were able to reproduce my problem (most likely on their clean system) but the problem still exist for them but very slight. I just think that PocketTunes simply works better with SAG for mp3's than Kinoma. Kinoma still works good for everything else using SAG or without SAG. For me, it is not worth the effort to do a "grade and pave" just to try and get Kinoma with SAG to work with my mp3's although without SAG as I said before, Kinoma and mp3's works fine. So bottom line, if I want to use SAG to listen to mp3's than I simply use PocketTunes. Nuff said!

My Sprint 755p works perfect every other aspect. It simply is not worth the effort to "grade and pave", especially since Kinoma can't make my file run perfectly smooth. Kinoma, if you are listening/reading - all of my mp3's have that slight hiccup, so it is possible that my mp3's are recorded at too high a bitrate - but as I said "many times" before - Pocket tunes plays my mp3's very well with or without SAG. Kinoma can only play my mp3's without problem without using SAG.

I just bought my wife a Sprint Centro and I set her Centro up exactly like mine, except from the ground up because I didn't know if the image from my Sprint 755p would work. Luckily I did it that way, because I just bought a new licensed version of VoiceDial by Voice Signal, and that IS incompatible with my Centro - although one of devices listed was a Centro. She also is lacking Kinoma, Lightspeed, SlingPlayer, PhotosHQ, SAG, VolumeCare, USB modem, Holidates, KBLights. I have to say that the Centro Versamail is slow compared to the one in my 755p. Other than that I like the Centro nice little phone.

My battery life is fine, but I have the Seidio extended 2200mah battery.

So I hope this info has answered some of your questions.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/18/2008 at 01:55 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi, MouseGlider,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I think I will just use pTunes with Lightspeed, to stay on the safe side. I have been using only 416 setting for all my application, just to stay on safe side and not overclocking the machine...

What I am curious about is when you had trial version, did it crash often? I am wondering if the soft reset is due to the screen that comes up with registration reminder. If that is the case, then it makes sense to register, but if that is not due to that reason, I don't think it would be a good idea to purchase a program that will frequently crash my phone.

Is your phone pretty stable as it is now with Lightspeed?
    see post below
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/19/2008 at 12:18 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

see post below
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/19/2008 at 12:20 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

see post below - sorry for the quadruple post as I was answering from my Treo - I guess you can't edit without making extra post.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/19/2008 at 12:23 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I did not have a trial version of LS - I took Blind faith jump and bought the registered version right from the beginning. My 755p is rock solid with or without LS - no crashes or resets unless I caused them myself, or every once in a great while if something is screwy with Sprints own servers that happen to make my phone reset - yes it does happen because of their servers.

Btw fyi, you are technically overclocking your phone - as 208/312 is the default speed of your device if it is a Treo or Centro - so 208/416 is overclocking it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/19/2008 at 12:24 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Kinoma has not asnwered my last post on my problem. [...] For me, it is not worth the effort to do a "grade and pave" just to try and get Kinoma with SAG to work with my mp3's although without SAG as I said before, Kinoma and mp3's works fine.
    I think I've responded to all the posts I've seen, so apologies if I've missed one.

But I think you've captured where we left off. Most of our customers use Kinoma Player with SAG without problems, but since you have so many apps and utilities installed I can also understand if you don't want to do a grade-and-pave.

Luckily for us, most of our customers using Kinoma Player with SAG aren't also using apps like Pocket Tunes, which -- much to our annoyance -- hack the OS in undocumented ways that slow down other apps and cause reliability issues. It's incredibly frustrating.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Charles,

No apologies needed, I can only image the replies that you have to answer on this forum and others. You have a tough job! Please understand you have been incredably helpful to me and the others, and I thank you again for being so helpful!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Ditto....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    How much is battery life reduced on the centro using this? I realize you can underclock and save on some apps, but the ones you'd use most often would probably be overclocked to work better and therefore, you loose battery life....
    I'm using a 755p and have managed to keep the battery life constant if not better. What I did was set the system default clock speed to 208mhz along with every application installed in rom/ram. With the default clock speed set to 208 it means all apps installed will run at this speed also.

I only overclocked a handfull of apps to 585mhz and they are

docstogo with all its componets(word/pdf to go etc)
    google maps
    ljp
    kinoma
    card reader
    pdanet
    web
    sprint tv
    tomtom

I let lightspeed handle device wakeup. Its alot quicker than it used to be and most of the time cant even tell its doing its thin on device wakeup

and if u want better batt life
    turn off keyboard lights
    dim screen brightness to half
    turn bluetooth off
    turn beam receive off
    set phone prefs to home networks only.
    I let lightspeed handle device wakeup. Its alot quicker than it used to be and most of the time cant even tell its doing its thin on device wakeup
    I've read the manual, but i don't understand this setting what is supposed to do.