Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    When the Treo wakes up from deep sleep the CPU is running at the standard speed (208/312). Shortly after (1-2 seconds) the keyguard has been unlocked LS will change the CPU speed to what the user has chosen for the application which is running.

The alternative would be that after deep sleep the running application will always run at the standard speed instead of what speed the user has set it to run at in Lightspeed. This could be added as a user preference though if requested.
    In your example statement above - Lets say I have my phone running at 208/416 - after a deep sleep the phone would wake up and run at default 208/312 and therefore eliminate the "wake up" lag?

So "if" I switch to another program and then switch back to my phone, would it then run at the speed I have it set at 208/416 or would it stay stuck at 208/312 default?

If that is so what if I were to set as a default all my programs to run at 208/416 - then when it went to sleep would it wake up at 208/416 or from the 208/312 - if it does wake up at the default speed of 208/312 you said I can have the code modified as a user preference that I could switch on or off?

How would I get that user preference thing?

Also what do you think of my last paragraph in post #147 - does LS have a little induced lag because it has to jump to a speed setting and then jump down when moving from app to app?

I glad you watch these forums - your product works great except for that wake up lag is a little frustrating and a very small lag when moving from one app to another if the speed settings differ greatly i.e., like jumping from 208/312 to 234/585 and back to 208/312 - that is why the apps that I run alot all have a higher speed than the default of 208/312 so the jump up or jump down is not that drastic.

Thanks Again.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 02/14/2008 at 04:27 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    clievideo,

Could you also incorporate "when" Lightspeed goes into a deep sleep similiar to how a screensaver works in Windows?

In other words if I leave my phone sitting for 10 min at a time before I pick it up and start using it again - I could have it got to sleep in say 15 or 20 min - then it wouldn't have to wake up - then it wouldn't be so bad to have it wake up only once in a while if I let it sleep past its setting - what do you think to incorporate both a screen saver type of time frame setting and your fix in the preference so we could have a choice on how Lightspeed sleeps or wakes up.

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Also, it would be nice if it would automatically turn on after a reset instead of having to check a box.
    Laissez Faire
    Really, I'll have to check again, but I think mine stays "Enabled" after a soft reset - as every time I check it, it seems to stay "Enabled".

Hmmmmmmm - I hate doing a reset - anyone know off hand - I'm lazy I guess :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    When the Treo wakes up from deep sleep the CPU is running at the standard speed (208/312). Shortly after (1-2 seconds) the keyguard has been unlocked LS will change the CPU speed to what the user has chosen for the application which is running.

The alternative would be that after deep sleep the running application will always run at the standard speed instead of what speed the user has set it to run at in Lightspeed. This could be added as a user preference though if requested.
    clievideo,

If what you say is true about LS, then are you saying LS sleeps at 208/312, or it wakes up from a lower value and ramp up to 208/312.

Because I've set my phone back to 208/312 (was set at 208/416) - so the phone and LS wakeup speed is the same and there should be no lag - but I still get the lag with matched speeds

Do you think my other programs because they are using different combinations of setting nulls the wake up and phone set same speed setting?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

clievideo,

Something strange happened tonight - I haven't been using LS for a few days and now I decided to use it again - I have not loaded or deleted any software - when I click on the LS icon it trys to load but immediately goes back to the screen page the icon was in - mine was in the Utilities page.

After a few soft resets and hard resets which didn't work, I un-installed LS and reloaded it again and I get the same problem - then I did a hard reset and erase everything and restored from one of my NVBackups and still the same thing.

It almost seems as if it was a trial version or something with the exception it doesn't even load for you to register it - it just loops in and loops out can't even load - about 30 minuites before this it worked fine.

Could I have damged my phone somehow? All other functions work perfect? LS simply can't load?
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 02/15/2008 at 07:43 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Hey Mouseglider,

I just got the same thing, LS tries to load but immediately returns to launcher.
    As with you no new programs, soft reset did nothing.

It still works thru the command bar, but I was going to change the "enable after reset" dialogue and can't get to that.

Anyone else ?

Regards,
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just experienced the same thing. I soft reset my phone a few hours ago and was presented with the "enable lightspeed?" page upon startup, but not any more as of about an hour or so ago. it's almost as if there was something in the code to automatically disable the program on 2/15/08...
    Me too. I can't get it on the Command Bar either.
    Laissez Faire
    FYI, they released the official 3.0 version yesterday.
    peterlemonjello,

Thanks for the info!

I wished they would have announced something like that rather than just having the software die on itself - I'm kinda pissed at myself for not making a NVBackup of the "moment" before I did an old restore so I could go back to the "moment" rather than 5 days prior to my favorite point - oh well, I should have know better. :-(

I hope they fixed a few things that they talked about in post #179. Or give a list of fixes.

So what is the best way to install this update - install right over it so you can keep all previous settings? Or uninstall, reinstall, and redo all of your settings?

I hope the wake up lag is fixed somehow.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

The only way I could get it removed was to delete it via the launcher. I tried to copy over the old version with filez with no luck. Be sure you have the email with the regcode and .pdb file. You'll need them once you install the new version.
    The question is, have they made any improvements between when the Beta was released and when the public release? I never saw any new beta versions out on this app and never saw any discussed here.
    Mouse,

Just a note referring back to one of your previous posts. I have been part of the beta test group for SafeGuard, which has a "quarantine app" function. I'm thinking this may be a way for 755p owners, who have apps that are polling in the background, to temporarily quarantine those apps, and then overclock a game or whatever, and then unquarantine the background apps. It would be a pain, but would allow some versatility between them them having to choose either to have Lightspeed all background polling apps (e.g. Chatter, Butler, etc.),

I noticed from the ClieVideo website that it says some minor changes and GUI change have been made for the final version. As you both mentioned, it does not specify what the changes were. As my trial has run out, I have no way to test the final product without purchasing it and I don't want to do so, unless some of the issues previously mentioned for the 755p have been taken care of (most specifically the baterry count down). Let us people who are waiting in the wings, know if the changes are helpful. Thanks.

Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The question is, have they made any improvements between when the Beta was released and when the public release? I never saw any new beta versions out on this app and never saw any discussed here.
    Here's what I've found so far. There's new options to disable the intro screen and an option to confirm enable after reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The only way I could get it removed was to delete it via the launcher. I tried to copy over the old version with filez with no luck. Be sure you have the email with the regcode and .pdb file. You'll need them once you install the new version.
    I just upgraded over the air without any problem. I downloaded the .zip using blazer, opened it with Resco Explorer, and installed to RAM over the previous version. It started right up, and I didn't have to reinstall the reg code or pdb file or anything.

It would've been nice if the beta version included a message saying that it was expired and to download the new version instead of just not starting up anymore...that was pretty lame. Here I was freaking out thinking I had corrupted the file or something until I saw here that everyone else had experienced the same thing. Bad form.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Here's what I've found so far. There's new options to disable the intro screen and an option to confirm enable after reset.
    It was already on beta!
    CountBuggula,

Thats why I didn't bother making a backup cause I had a 5 day favorite that I liked and I didn't want to back up some corrupt file.

I was freaking out also thinking that I crapped some part of my phone out - you hit the nail on the head! Very bad form.

I'll try OTA like you - did you notice if it had eliminate the wakeup lag or at least provide a provision to help eliminate it like they said in the post #147?

Oh well, time to do the DL.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

In the new GUI is there a way to get to the "enable" button with the 5way nav?

Currently you have to hit it with a tap on the screen.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Those that have upgraded to the new version - can you post how you did the install and if you had to redo your settings - it might help those that have not upgraded yet.

I just realized I don't have a zip decompressor on my 755p - any good ones out there - just a simple app like winzip?

Edited - stupid me - did a search and found some - but if you have a favorite - feel free to post it. :-)
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 02/15/2008 at 12:00 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us