Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if there is an extended battery available yet? The Centro's been out for months now and I'm tired of Seidio's vague promises that one is coming "soon".
    try searching
    There is a post asking this every few days including one 4 post below yours before you posted. But to answer , no there is no extended battery and there is no ETA on it according to Seidio. I along with alot here at this community are waiting .
    Hi Sue,

Beleive me, everyone will know if and when an extended battery comes out for the Centro. Its eagerly awaited by a lot of people and it will be flashed across the news of every Palm forum.

Stu
  5.    #5  
    I apologize for the annoyance I obviously caused. I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to search first, but I should have. Mods, feel free to close/delete this thread. Again, my apologies.
    No biggie Sue. We all have done it. Im sure in 2-3 days someone else will post the same question.
    Well the outie holsters just arrived so I have faith someone might have a battery soon. I don't know if I'd like what I'd imagine would be a heavier and or larger battery though. Seems like getting an additional charger or cradle or spare battery would be better. I guess it depends where you normally are when the battery goes.
    I guess I'm wondering what all the fuss is about an extended battery?

Yesterday my Centro was at 34% and it took me 15 minutes to get it to 97% on my charger.
    For those of you dying for this battery, who's NOT in a car for at least 15 minutes that you can plug in and charge up, or carry a spare battery? Who's NOT at a desk where you can stay plugged in for a good part of the day? I have a car charger, a desk charger and a travel charger so no matter where I go, if I'm near an outlet, I'm plugged in. I realize some of you don't want to "have to be" plugged in, but these units do far more than act as just a cell phone, so planning to be wireless for hours on end is just plain silly.

I guess I don't get it, and certainly won't compromise the size of my unit for an extended battery that's going to require a new cover that sticks out - let alone the fact that those suckers get pretty hot...

Carry a spare!

*shrug*
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Wait hold on I found this: I agree and think that's why there's no rush to make one. Seems like the people that need one are constantly on the go and not in their car, in that case grab a spare on eBay.
    You could always do something like this...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...53/battery.jpg
    Some of us are on the road quite a but and are not near a car or a desk. Some people dont work at desk and might be at a register or in a stock room most of the day or like me on a train and walking for hours a day.And when your on vacation , the only time your near a charger is maybe when you get back to the hotel. An extended battery is a huge must have for the Centro considering its limited battery.
    Actually the recent release of the revised Lightspeed app may neccessitate the need for an extended battery if you use it. Personally I'd be willing to sacrifice the cost of buying an extended battery to run a faster, but more power consuming Treo or Centro.
    What is lightspeed and what does it do. I think I read it was an over clocking program?? Im not so sure what that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Some of us are on the road quite a but and are not near a car or a desk. Some people dont work at desk and might be at a register or in a stock room most of the day or like me on a train and walking for hours a day.And when your on vacation , the only time your near a charger is maybe when you get back to the hotel. An extended battery is a huge must have for the Centro considering its limited battery.
    So why not just carry an extra battery in your pocket? Instead, you want a battery that has what.... 20% more life? You'd have 100% more if you had an extra battery. Seems simple to me.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    You could always do something like this...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...53/battery.jpg
    That's hysterical
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Carrying an extra battery atleast for a guy who doesnt have a pocket book is the most impractical thing. I did that with my 700P and I lost the first battery. Hard enough to keep your eye out for your wallet and treo . now you have to rememeber where you have the extra battery . Then I found out why your not supposed to put Phone Batterys in your pocket when my keys hit the connectors on one and it got super hot and I guess shorted out. And during the summer when you got shorts on and your carring around your phone u got no where to put an extra battery. Atleast for me its totally impracticale and since the extended battery is the #1 requested item it must be impractical for alot of us. Believe me Bek I wish it was that easy. If it was I wouild have three batterys. One thing i did do was to purchase two of those battery cahrgers on Ebay that you out a double AA battery in. I leave one in my car and one at work ( When I work) atleast its a help but same issue cant just carry it with you all the time.ANd I have a car charger in my carfor when I can charge it using my car . But the extended battery is just so simple if its feasable to create.
    You could go out and buy one of those "iPod/Zune/PSP" battery packs that takes 4 AA batteries and has a USB connector on it and use it to charge your Centro/Treo via a USB charging cable. They sell them at CompUSA, WalMart, and probably other places for between $10-20. Batteries not included.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    They have a cheaper and smaller one on Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERGENCY-AA-BAT...QQcmdZViewItem

It takes 1 AA battery . I leave one in my car and at work (when I am working) just incase. I leave a wall charger in the office and at home. I leave a battery charger in my car and at work and I leave a car charger in my car. I try to cover every base until the extended battery comes out.
    I went to the local Sprint store and they handed me a fresh new battery for FREE, so now I have two. Now, I need a way to charge both at the same time.
    I have to second the problem of carrying a spare battery. I have been involved in emergency radio for quite a while and carried a spare battery in my pocket for part of that time. Well I shorted out one while I was driving. It got hot enough to burn a hole in the pocket. My wife also was unhappy with spare batteries as the quite often ended up in her pocketbook (and made it heavy).

Right now she is able live with one battery for her Centro but I would like to get her a larger one.

George
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast