Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    according to the seller, the extended battery is going to be fat and require a new battery cover. That's a shame. Just make a Li Poly battery and max out the space under the stock cover. There is room to spare. The clicking cover when you type proves that.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I bet thats Seidio problem. They know no one wants a battery that makes the centro bigger. And they must be having problrms making the battery fit. Its been so long since the centro came out that there has to be an issue.The extended battery came out alot quicker for the 650 and 700P . Oh well i am guessing its just not going to be (a higher capaciity battery that does make the centro larger)
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I've carried a spare battery first for my 650 and now for my 680, and will need to do something else once I get a GSM Centro. It's been good just swapping out the spent battery and using the (Palm-branded) cradle to charge it while the charged battery is available in the Treo. It rarely gets to the point where I have to charge both together. A car charger doesn't help as I don't have a car for now--and I'm looking at Zipcar rather than buying one. Plus, I like to travel relatively light (like just carrying essentials in jacket pockets and only lugging a bag when necessary) so a car charger is bulky for that kind of thing.

What I'd like most is to see either a Palm-branded Centro cradle or at least something like this for the Centro battery. I'm a bit reluctant to go with either an extended battery or third-party cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    IWhat I'd like most is to see either a Palm-branded Centro cradle or at least something like this for the Centro battery.
    That is a cool little device. Charges the battery and then doubles as a battery case. I wish they would make one for the Centro.
    I'd like to see a battery charger like you see for most digital cams. small and self contained with flip out AC prongs and a jack for a dc cord. Seems pretty simple and straightforward.

And I can't see why they don't make a Li Poly battery that's just slightly bigger than the stock battery to make use of the extra space in the battery compartment. You'd get more juice just by going to LiPoly over Li+ along with the slight increase in real estate
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'd like to see a battery charger like you see for most digital cams. small and self contained with flip out AC prongs and a jack for a dc cord. Seems pretty simple and straightforward.

And I can't see why they don't make a Li Poly battery that's just slightly bigger than the stock battery to make use of the extra space in the battery compartment. You'd get more juice just by going to LiPoly over Li+ along with the slight increase in real estate
    I have a Sony Ericsson charger (2 cell phone lines, been using SE phones for a while on the 2nd) that works a lot like that too. And it'll charge off of alkalines--AAs, I think--if you're not near a plug.

Re the LiPoly battery, I agree.

Palm would do well to look at options like these. Maybe Rubenstein will get more accessory innovation going too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123