Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretttt View Post
    I went to the local Sprint store and they handed me a fresh new battery for FREE, so now I have two. Now, I need a way to charge both at the same time.
    Looks like Seidio came through again. While they haven't released an extended battery yet, they do have this available and now shipping....a "Multi Function Battery/SmartPhone charger.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...GER_centro.jpg
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I guess I'm wondering what all the fuss is about an extended battery?

Yesterday my Centro was at 34% and it took me 15 minutes to get it to 97% on my charger.
    For those of you dying for this battery, who's NOT in a car for at least 15 minutes that you can plug in and charge up
    Me, for one. I don't have a car because I am unable to get a drivers license because of poor vision. Even with my glasses I can't pass the eye test...LOL
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    They sell them at CompUSA, WalMart, and probably other places for between $10-20. Batteries not included.
    CompUSA is no longer. They've gone out of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretttt View Post
    I went to the local Sprint store and they handed me a fresh new battery for FREE, so now I have two. Now, I need a way to charge both at the same time.
    What were your magic words?
    found this today

thepocketsolution.com/PSI-39053.html

$59.95 is a lot for a fricken battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by mister N View Post
    found this today

thepocketsolution.com/PSI-39053.html

$59.95 is a lot for a fricken battery.
    Especially for a battery that doesn't exist. That site is a joke. They've been advertising that battery since at least the beginning of November. If you click on "add to cart" you get a message that says "sorry, we are currently sold out."

They've never had them. Even if they did, it's physically larger which requires a new battery cover. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Some of us are on the road quite a but and are not near a car or a desk. Some people dont work at desk and might be at a register or in a stock room most of the day or like me on a train and walking for hours a day.And when your on vacation , the only time your near a charger is maybe when you get back to the hotel. An extended battery is a huge must have for the Centro considering its limited battery.
    There is a definite problem with the Centro getting into a mode where it draws excess current when turned off (100 mA vs the more normal 10 mA). You can mitigate a lot of your battery life problem by using the battery monitoring program that was posed on here a while back to check periodically to see if the Centro is stuck in the high-drain mode when turned off. If it is, soft resetting will bring it back to normal. I haven't been able to determine what gets it into the high-drain mode in the first place (I don't use any automatic mail checking or anything like that).
    I have had my Centro for three months and its happened three times. I will look at the centro in the morning and its say 94% maybe a few hours later I will look and its at %48 . I amd many others had this problem with the 700P and I also had this issue with my 600 back in the day. And its not the battery as I changed the bettery a few times. My best bet is its either a Palm OS issue or If its only sprint maybe a sprint issue.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/28/2008 at 10:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Same problem here, I'v given up trying to find out what is causing it. And I bought a car charger for when I'm in the car. It seems to come and go, yesterday I pul;led the phone off the charger at 9 am and used it for a few calls, some text meddages and at 10:30 PM it's at 94%. Other days I don't use it and by noon it's below 40%.

I have had my Centro for three months and its happened three times. I will look at the centro in the morning and its say 94% maybe a few hours later I will look and its at %48 . I amd many others had this problem with the 700P and I also had this issue with my 600 back in the day. And its not the battery as I cahnged the bettery a few times. My best bet is its either a Palm OS issue or If its only sprint maybe a sprint issue.
    $20 shipped on ebay. Spare battery charger, and the ac cord is detachable with the palm connector so you should be able to use a palm usb cable to power it if you're travelling. I too got a free 2nd battery from Sprint when I had my phone switched out. The d-pad literally broke. Felt like I could lift it out almost.
    http://4ustuff.com/product/pic_index/221611.JPG
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Hey crogs, notice that in the eBay picture it has a mini USB in the craddle slot for the Centro? Hope yours has the correct connector .
    Has anyone used one of these chargers with the Centro? I noticed the same connector issue as Gottria. If it really does have the right connector and works with the Centro, then I'll get this!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I think Crogs is onto something, http://4ustuff.com/product/it_pic/PD.../2216_pic2.gif

Couldn't figuare out how to buy directly so I hope the eBay URL listed from Crogs is for the Centro and not the 500v.
    I have this Cradle. It is ok but there,s no hotsync button on it. You have to turn on the Centro and do it manually. Also its a tight fit so no cases or skins on the centro unlike the Inno Dock which you can have a caseor skin on it.
    sorry about that. I linked a pic (because the pic was nicer) of the right one but linked to the wrong auction. The cheapest on ebay for that one is about $27. I emailed the seller to 1) get them to remove the centro name from the auction so people don't get it screwed up and 2)see if they have the actual Centro one and will sell it at the $20 shipped price. Just do a search on Centro & cradle and the right one will appear. I tried to buy them bulk to resell, but I just can't get the people over in China to respond to emails. It's too frustrating.

I actually care more about the spare charger than the cradle itself. Just can't see dropping coin on the Seidio one when the cradles on ebay do pretty much the same thing for much less money. Shame they don't have a typical battery charger like they have for the digital cams with the flip out prongs.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have this Cradle. It is ok but there,s no hotsync button on it. You have to turn on the Centro and do it manually. Also its a tight fit so no cases or skins on the centro unlike the Inno Dock which you can have a caseor skin on it.
    I just got mine yesterday and your right about everything on there.. for the money its pretty good and you can charge 2 at once.
    I just saw this...

Spare Centro Battery Now Available from Palm

...Carrying the same 1150mAh rating as the stock battery, this replacement is nevertheless a wise (albeit pricey) investment for Centro fans. The battery is available now for $49.99 and will presumably fit the rumored upcoming GSM Centro variant as well as the current Sprint CDMA version...

Here is the link to the above article.

Here is the link to the battery at the Palm Store
    I called around the Sprint stores in my area looking for a spare battery. After a dozen calls, we found a store that had a spare battery available. I asked how much it was. He said he could give it to us for free and to pick it up from him.
    So i emailed pocket solutions about their Extended Centro battery and this is what I got from them.

"Unfortunately there is a problem in the manufacturing of this battery and they are taking the time they need, and do not offer a date ... so all we can do is wait, I am sorry I can't shed more light we simply do not know more than you : ("

So I don't know how to take that. is it just vaporware and they needed something to get publicity to their site? Who knows. Maybe once its out I can get a battery and test it out.
    Hey guys....that link I showed is partially correct. I emailed the seller and after a few back and forth emails I got them to realize they didn't have the Centro cradle listed. They said they will have them and correct the auctions. So you should be able to see the Centro version of that cradle listed soon. $20 is a nice price for that.

Also, another seller I ordered some cases from said they will have replacement styli and an extended battery. All they said was that it would be big. I haven't heard back from them yet to see if they meant big in capacity or physical size. They'll also have cradles as well. I told them about the one seller having them for $20 so they'd hopefully be competitive with that price with the plus they'd be shipping from Cali instead of China. I'll post when I get more info.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast