Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed that Palm has posted the update to the Unlocked 680 (finally).

I just did the SD card update (IT & Enterprise version) that you can download. Took about 15 minutes.

Updated firmware to 1.92, SW to 1.12 and Carrier DB shows 549.

Restored from Backupman in 5 minutes - everything up and running.

Here's what's included in the update:

The Software Update for Unlocked GSM Palm Treo 680 Smartphones offers these enhancements to your device:

Corporate email as it arrives¹ – Have your corporate email delivered to you with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology. Accept or decline meeting invites and access your company directory on the go.

Power saving enhancements – Helps conserve battery life with improved power management and updated default system power preferences.

Supports larger expansion cards – Supports up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.

Enhanced ringtone support – MP3 and other sound files purchased from the web or sent from friends can now be set as ringtones and alerts (formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR). ²

Three updates in one – This update incorporates three previously released software updates: Treo 680 Camera Update (January 2007), Treo 680 Security Patch (May 2007), and Treo 680 Unlocked GSM smartphone SMS Update (July 2007).
    OF Course, I'm not supposed to download it b/c I have 1.09!!! The AT&T 680 download doesn't work with my phone!

(((# Treo680-1.03-CNG or Treo680-1.03-ATT or Treo680-1.09-ATT: No, do not install this update. This update is not compatible with your device. Instead, install the AT&T version of this update (get it here).
    # Treo 680-1.12-ATT: No, do not install this update. You have an AT&T Treo 680 that is already updated to the latest software. )))
  3.    #3  
    I had 1.09 as well (custom rom) and not 1.04 as suggested.

I ignored it and went ahead. It works as promised.
    I had the ATT 2.11 customized as well and worked fine.
    All that Jazz
    Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post
    I just noticed that Palm has posted the update to the Unlocked 680 (finally).

I just did the SD card update (IT & Enterprise version) that you can download. Took about 15 minutes.
    I did the usb-cable update - 15 minutes. Works so far! :-)

// Egholm
    Can't wait to see what the Custom ROM boys do with this one
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    So i did the same, all worked fine BUT I get a reset loop after backupman? Any ideas about what to leave out if I do an individual file restore?
    I get an "Unsupported Device" error screen comes up on my PC. Saying it only is for $Carrier$ Service.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Can someone post the link please?

thank you
    can someone give a link to the updater? I can't find it!
    Go to Palm.com, click Support, and it's RIGHT THERE on the left hand side - "Product Updates". Click Treo 680, then "Unlocked GSM"

How do you manage to use your phones if you can't find that?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    So i did the same, all worked fine BUT I get a reset loop after backupman? Any ideas about what to leave out if I do an individual file restore?
    having the same problem as well...
    Done it via hotsync

It took 20 minutes in total.

I did have one hiccup, make sure you turn off ALL apps that lock your Treo at a reset, plus the in-built security locking.

I have mSafe & SuperSecurity locking my Treo and the update kept falling over at the start.

So I turned off everything and it went ahead OK

Too early to comment on the update, other than it restored everything OK
    Thought of the day :
    I have the 1.04 ROW unlocked GSM Treo 680 and I opted for the Desktop updater
    The thing seems stuck at 2/3 the progress bar "Executing Update" and 45 minutes have elapsed...
    Should I abort???
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I have the 1.04 ROW unlocked GSM Treo 680 and I opted for the Desktop updater
    The thing seems stuck at 2/3 the progress bar "Executing Update" and 45 minutes have elapsed...
    Should I abort???
    Does not sound good.

Is that the bar on the Treo screen or on the PC screen ?
    Thought of the day :
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there is a slightly longer lag between apps when you switch. The white screen lasts perhaps a second longer
    Thought of the day :
    For those that have had success with the new update, are you using a branded 680? For example, I have an AT&T 680 that is UNLOCKED for T-Mobile and this update doesn't even get started for me.
    On the PC's screen. Anyway after about an hour I gave up. Removed the Treo from the cradle and it seems to be OK, soft reset and it's still 1.04 ROW.
    Rebooted the PC.
    This time I did a hard reset and did the update via the SD Updater and it was successful. Now performing a Hotsync to get back my PIM only (having renamed the backup folder) and will painstakingly reinstall all my apps
    SD Updater successful. On a virgin 1.12 Rom I think there is less lag (the old Rom lags soon after a reset, then the lag goes away mysteriously) and the Treo feels more sprightly.
    Now Hotsyncing and will reinstall the apps one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers View Post
    For those that have had success with the new update, are you using a branded 680? For example, I have an AT&T 680 that is UNLOCKED for T-Mobile and this update doesn't even get started for me.
    What does your Phone Info screen read?

It might be worth asking the question in the Custom ROM thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...144028&page=52
    Thought of the day :
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast