Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    strange things do happen. I just noticed that my treo didn't power off. I set it for 1 min, 30 sec, then 15 sec. 15 sec would work (I thought), then it didn't. So soft reset and now it's working. Normally, I just press the off key ... most of the time.

Be careful out there!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Hum, I "..., (4) hotsync restore". All was fine, but then I did an NVbackup selective restore (removed the files mentioned) and had problems. ...
    Question... if you already had a working state from doing the hotsync restore, why bother tempting fate by doing a restore of any kind from nvbackup?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I couldn't resist having a look inside this new ROW release, I note that Palm did a half arsed job as there are still AT&T wallpapers present in the ROM
    Tomtastic, any chance of a clean stripped version? please.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Tomtastic, any chance of a clean stripped version? please.
    I made a stripped version similar to Jamesgangut's Cust1: Stripped of AddIt, Get *, DTG, VM, PTunes, tips etc., ~ 33 MB DB Cache & 70 MB RAM. Tested and worked well. Here is the link in case of any interest but use at your own risk.
    http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=8488590
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Tkz man
    I will test it

enotar
    Hi all, can you pls help, after upgrading using the SD Card, i was doing a hot sync, when hot-sync was completed i was then asked to soft-reset, but then it just go into a reset-loop and never come back out. i have been doing hard-reset and then hot-sync for 4 times and still cant get out of the reset loop, i have also done the between soft-hard reset and that didnt work. Can you with the knowledge pls help me, thanks a million
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    you have to warmreset

Since "FixBoot" http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1715 exist there is no more Reset Loop trouble for me
    This is a fastest way to recover in case you have a reset loop:

Warm reset pushing up & taking of the battery&puting back in;wait for the second boot screen palmlogo with no process bar release up
    Install fixboot from card or put fixboot in your backup directory to have it install vhen hotsyncing.
    Run fixboot
    enable it
    Reset
    You'll see your palm reset & list all apps one by one
    The last one (software "X") before reset is the touble maker!
    Warm reset one more time
    Fix the issue on the software "X" by disabling or deleting
    reset & you are done

Maybe you have to do it 2 or 3 times if you have more than one app that give trouble.
    If you have uncache installed,dont forget to put FixBoot in the list.

I always keep it in Ram & always in the uncache list to be prepare.
    thanks vm enotar for your help. i have also taken the advices to remove the 2 HsNAV files. thanks.
    jamesgangut has now posted three versions of custom ROM's based on 1.12.

See here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...03#post1400103

And then find the ROM's on page 1

Note : You need to do the offical 1.12 ROM update Before you try the custom ones
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I Did the Upgrade the day after it came out, I First used NVbackup to backup my 680 then followed the instructions on the palm site and performed the Upgrade. I used the SD card for the Update.I didnt pay any attention to how long it took (I was in the middle of a Poker game) I Guess aroung 25 min's. Restored again using NVbackup And Everythin works great , I've had NO issues and The Battery Life is Now Incredible, I used to need to recharge around 5-6 in the afternoon. Took it off the charger at 6:30am yesterday and as of right Now (26 1/2 hours later I've still got 24% battery. We have 5 Other 680's in our organization and most if not ALL problems that have come up were directly related to other software that was loaded on them. occasionally you may find two packages that will at time conflict with each other.
    I don't perceive any change in battery life, but all of a sudden my speakerphone seems to be working as it should and sounds nice and loud. Anybody else notice this?

I just happened to try it today, and it was so loud I had to turn down the volume (I'm using Volumecare too if that matters). The setting before was maxed out, and I could barely hear things as it seemed to start off loud, and then get lower. It was odd, as I never had problems at all using the speakerphone for music - it was just with calls I had problems with.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyD View Post
    I don't perceive any change in battery life, but all of a sudden my speakerphone seems to be working as it should and sounds nice and loud. Anybody else notice this?

I just happened to try it today, and it was so loud I had to turn down the volume (I'm using Volumecare too if that matters). The setting before was maxed out, and I could barely hear things as it seemed to start off loud, and then get lower. It was odd, as I never had problems at all using the speakerphone for music - it was just with calls I had problems with.
    I noticed the volume increased too. I wasn't sure if I was imaging it. I had to turn off VolumeCare a several weeks ago due to it crashing my phone and since the update, the speakerphone and sound volume has definitely increased.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Has anyone noticed whether the new patch fixes The Glen Phenomenon (TGP). http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=TGP
    This was a major cause of rapid battery depletion in standby mode for at least some 680 users.
    installed using the SD card and then a simple re-synch. things seem to be a little bit snappier & a bit more stable; battery life may be a bit better.

issues:

1) Java got wiped out. I was going to use Uninstall Manager to really get rid of all of it in order to reinstall, except it couldn't find it. so, I downloaded the JVM and synched a few files, thinking that might get it running again, but no such luck -- but, since I now had an IBM JVM icon on my launcher, I finally used Uninstall Manager to get rid of it.

took a few tries to get the JVM working again, probably because I was installing too many files from the package.

2) got the same annoying little "database overwrite" errors with TomTom, but using Filez to unmark the file for backup worked to fix it.

3) after I've hotsynced, it takes a bit longer -- the first few times after the update over five minutes -- for the "Cleaning up, please wait" screen to go away. if this is because of filesystem changes which make the 680 stabler, that's fine with me. is the update handling memory differently?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I noticed the volume increased too. I wasn't sure if I was imaging it. I had to turn off VolumeCare a several weeks ago due to it crashing my phone and since the update, the speakerphone and sound volume has definitely increased.
    So have I. I mentioned it in an early post.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Question... if you already had a working state from doing the hotsync restore, why bother tempting fate by doing a restore of any kind from nvbackup?
    Thought I could get most of my database files back cause the hot sync didn't put everything back. The problems with using a MAC for the first time on this type of install - it didn't overwrite to the 680. Live and learn.

So everything is fine. I've noticed the battery level is better but still not the best. I'm going back to my 1600 battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Has anyone noticed whether the new patch fixes The Glen Phenomenon (TGP). http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=TGP
    This was a major cause of rapid battery depletion in standby mode for at least some 680 users.
    It happened to me to suffer from the TGP.
    Since I upgraded to the new firwmare, it never showed up again.
    Crossing my fingers...
    further observations*:

1) data connection runs a LOT faster, which seems to improve all-around performance of Versamail (fewer hangs) and Blazer (starts up almost immediately)

2) battery performance significantly improved -- last night it was at about 50% where typically at the end of the day it would be at from 22-34%

3) so far, Bluetooth hands-free sounds louder and clearer. if I won't have to re-pair my headsets 2-3x a week I'll be happy.

*not really a very controlled situation -- I decided to leave off KeyCaps, which as much as I liked it, was not always helpful, and probably added to the overhead.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Speaker phone volume ROCKS now...
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Speaker phone volume ROCKS now...
    I had received my refurbed 680 the other day, and checking the speakerphone was disappointed that it was sounding low again as compared to my older 680 that had been updated.

I then checked the version on the refurb, saw it needed the update, and once done, the speakerphone volume is again loud. I could of saved buying VolumeCare if it was this loud when the phone came out!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast