Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    What does your Phone Info screen read?

It might be worth asking the question in the Custom ROM thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...144028&page=52
    Firmware:R01.34
    Treo680_1.09 -ATT
    CC-Cap-ATT-ATT-001
    Hardware A

I've asked in the past (in the Custom thread), but nobody answers. None of the updates work. It makes me think it's my phone, but it's working fine-no major glitches, otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers View Post
    Firmware:R01.34
    Treo680_1.09 -ATT
    CC-Cap-ATT-ATT-001
    Hardware A

I've asked in the past (in the Custom thread), but nobody answers. None of the updates work. It makes me think it's my phone, but it's working fine-no major glitches, otherwise.

The Unlocked version will not work for your Treo, it checks for for ROW, it will fail with your ATT version. You can run a custom ROM that won't check for the version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Can't wait to see what the Custom ROM boys do with this one
    I now have a wrking 680 again but it is my sons so I will work on it as soon as I can.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The Unlocked version will not work for your Treo, it checks for for ROW, it will fail with your ATT version. You can run a custom ROM that won't check for the version.
    Ah, so I should go with one of the customs. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    Cust 8 (Cust 1 plus DTG & Ptunes)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17197417...SDUpdater.html

this one?
    Here is a question.

I use backupbuddy to backup my treo.

Can I back up my treo, then erase all the data (take battery out, hold the button up, etc), then install the rom update, then copy my information back onto the 680 from backup buddy?

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    Go to Palm.com, click Support, and it's RIGHT THERE on the left hand side - "Product Updates". Click Treo 680, then "Unlocked GSM"

How do you manage to use your phones if you can't find that?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
    thanks. My browser automatically redirects me to the European site which hasn't posted the update yet...
    i did it last night.

it back uped, it updated the rom, but it didnt do the restore. i waited a couple of minutes and hotsynced. i did have to del the updater files.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Question regarding update for those using Exchange Activesync:

If you have installed the previous Exchange Activesync update you already have push email (theoretically). The problem is that if you use a VPN to connect there is no 3rd party VPN client for Microsoft Exchange Server which will allow you to connect automatically. Mergic VPN has the functionality but the auto connect does not work on the 680. Does this update change anything about the way Exchange Activesync works? If it is the same as before and you have religiously installed all previous patches (like most geeks on this site) then all you are getting is the power improvements and ringtone support. It doesn't seem worth the hassle and the risk in that case.

Also, the power update seems to be primarily a change to the default power options rather than any real power saving changes - can anyone report on this?

Thanks,

Rhyder
    For those that have had success with the new update, are you using a branded 680? For example, I have an AT&T 680 that is UNLOCKED for T-Mobile and this update doesn't even get started for me.
    This is for unbranded, not "unlocked".
    For those that have had success with the new update, are you using a branded 680? For example, I have an AT&T 680 that is UNLOCKED for T-Mobile and this update doesn't even get started for me.
    You seem to be pretty dense.

USE THE AT&T UPDATE if you have an AT&T phone. The phone lock and the branding are two completely different things and do not affect each other. You can apply the AT&T update and still use your T-Mobile service.
    Settle down boyo. The AT&T update does NOT work on my phone.
    No Push to talk, no IM
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    This is for unbranded, not "unlocked".

?? On the website is says
    for Unlocked GSM Treo 680
    System Requirements
    Unlocked GSM Treo 680 smartphone. If you see an AT&T or Cingular logo on the front of your device, you do not have an Unlocked GSM device.
    Perhaps it should read UnLocked and UnBranded
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    so what are the version numbers of docs to go, ptunes? just curious to see if the put the updated versions in rom.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    No Push to talk, no IM
    Both will work only on cingular (since they are customized solutions)... if you need them, you can install them from a cingular rom... just install the .prc and they should work...
    Can someone that installed the unbranded update tell us what partitioning is adopted there?
    I'm already running the custom rom from 2.11CNG, which works like a charm. As far as I understand, this update is the same, but with no cingular custom application. Since the custom rom I'm using is already a stripped down version, the only good motivation to go for this 2.11ROW would be if the partitioning is different (i.e., smaller ROM partition, larger DBCache partition).
    From the custom 2.11CNG, we have
    Storage heap: 67616KB
    NVFS BD Cache: 35311KB
    Dynamic Heap: 10560 KB
    (from memory info)
    What are those numbers after the 2.11ROW update?
    Or I'm missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    Here is a question.

I use backupbuddy to backup my treo.

Can I back up my treo, then erase all the data (take battery out, hold the button up, etc), then install the rom update, then copy my information back onto the 680 from backup buddy?

Chris
    Thats what I tried, and although the upfdate has gone fine, I get a reset loop when I restore from backupman? Now that is a different backup program to yours?
  19. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    For those having reset loops after restoring from Backup Applications (NVBackUp, Backupman etc), better not to restore these files : CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and a temp installer files.

Taken from http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144028
    If you have previously updated with the patches released by Palm for the battery drain and security issue fix, also exclude the lfollowing files (CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and a temp installer file)
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Well after the update finished everything it gave me the USB Failed Error and I looked and had the new ROM but not internet/email or GPRS connection.

Screwed around and after a HARD reset and HotSync everything works BUT my Browser. I keep getting the following error

Browser Error
    Unknown Error. URL: http://mobile.palm.com/

or any other URL for that matter. Any ideas? I have an Unbranded 680 on AT&T.

Thanks!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast