Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is weird:

I just tried to visit www.publicradiofan.com on my centro. It loaded this address instead:

207.154.59.105/www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/whatson.pl?when=now&lookahead=30&hour=&day=&hrsahead=2&statopt=&sty=mp3&type=&format=list&order=p&gr idorder=s

What's up with that prefix?

When I tried to upgrade Ptunes, the ptunes site loaded with the same prefix and then said the update was "not of a reasonable size" and failed.

What's up net experts?
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    This is weird:

I just tried to visit www.publicradiofan.com on my centro. It loaded this address instead:

207.154.59.105/www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/whatson.pl?when=now&lookahead=30&hour=&day=&hrsahead=2&statopt=&sty=mp3&type=&format=list&order=p&gr idorder=s

What's up with that prefix?

When I tried to upgrade Ptunes, the ptunes site loaded with the same prefix and then said the update was "not of a reasonable size" and failed.

What's up net experts?
    My guess would just be your carrier is proxying your connections or something. I don't have a Centro, but this address loads directly as far as I can tell on my 680.
    As khaytsus said, it appears to be a proxy (imo, an odd form for a proxy to take, see below).

The technical details:

Doing some research revealed that the IP address 207.154.59.105 is allocated to Hosted Solutions, LLC (http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....07.154.59.105).

Following the referral (http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....tions.com:4321) from the link further reveals that the IP address is used by OpenWave Systems, Inc. (http://www.openwave.com/us/). Openwave makes the browser that runs in a good portion of the cell phones in the United States (mostly BREW powered devices). They also make a mobile web proxy that many carriers (at&t, Verizon Wireless and Sprint) use.

You can check Blazer's proxy settings, but this seems to be a poor carrier side implementation.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I'm seeing the same thing on a Sprint 700p. I just cleared cookies and cache and it's still showing up that way.
    After some more testing, it looks like only mobile sites do this.... regular non phone optimized sites do not go to the goofey looking URLs.

--Edit
    Nevermind... all sites do it, even my personal site.
    This is not just for mobile sites. I have a simple xhtml page with linked mp3 files that this is happening with. And it is not showing on all Centros. 2 out of 3 here in my office are adding the IP and show the html page but are breaking when the links to the mp3 pod cast files are clicked (same error as above). also I notice that the html page on the phones that do not work include extra "home" and "do not display images" links that are not in the original file. the home button takes me to vision.sprintpcs.com.

weirdness.
    This seems to be a carrier issue.

Try calling Sprint and ask for technical support.

Also, in Blazer go to Menu, Options, Preferences..., Advanced, Set Proxy and make sure that "Use Custom Proxy" is unchecked. I believe that it should not be checked, and if it is checked I believe that unchecking it should still work.
    Did you know:

This maybe a Sprint specific issue... All phones I'm testing on are Sprint. I have now tried it on 4 Centros, fails on 2 works on 2. -weird.

Proxy is unchecked on all 4 phones. Preferences are all configured the same. more weird.

Anyone have this problem on another carrier with another device such as the 755 or 700p?
    I am also having this problem. It was a problem a week or two ago. I took my phone to Sprint, and as usual they were clueless. I did a hard reset and it was still happening. So it had nothing to do with any programs, settings, or cookies it is at their end. Then after a couple of days it stopped. Now since Sunday I am stuck with it again. Yesterday I also discovered that I can not connect to my Slingbox or stream audio. In the latter case I get a 404 error
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord III View Post
    I took my phone to Sprint, and as usual they were clueless. I did a hard reset and it was still happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker
    Try calling Sprint and ask for technical support.
    Many of the people in the stores only know how to sell you a phone.

Call tech support (when customer support answers asked to be transfered). Explain the situation to them and they should be able to fix the issue.

It is most likely carrier side, retail and cust support will do little to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamdonkey View Post
    Anyone have this problem on another carrier with another device such as the 755 or 700p?
    Nope. Not on Verizon.
    Last edited by dkirker; 01/17/2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Did you know:

11.    #12  
    I called this into sprint and have a trouble ticket issued. they projected 36 hours for a resolution. My wife is having the same issues on her p755. Thanks for all the help.
    The "sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't" sounds very much like something I experienced with Cingular a while back.

Sometimes I'd have full data use of the phone, no problem, other times I could not get connected via SSL IMAP, only plain IMAP, but everything else seemed okay. I finally started looking into it, and the times that I seemed to be restricted was on a different subnet than Cingular, and that subnet was not owned by Cingular.

My guess was that Cingular was doing some sort of routing or borrowing of addresses, I dunno, guessing here. But seems this other network was not configured correctly. If I disconnected and reconnected, sometimes it would fix it, sometimes it took a few times. BTW, I was at home the whole time, no odd towers or roaming involved.

I called 'em and they said they were "upgrading", the problem went away on its own in about a week.
  13.    #14  
    Two quick things to add:

This situation prevents me from installing OTA software updates (TryDA and Ptunes included) and from downloading files (like PDF's) from web pages.
    I had this IP thingy on my Centro this morning, but NOT on my 700p.

I used Resco Explorer and deleted the Blazer folder in Builtin (A) and Blazer CacheHistory and Cookies Data files in the RAM folder and then soft reset the Centro.

All fixed, no more IP thingy.....

15.    #16  
    Your wrote you deleted, "Blazer folder in Builtin (A)"

I don't know what this means. Can you say exactly what files you deleted?

I can't wait to try this - thanks!
    ^ I did say exactly what folder and files I deleted. The Blazer FOLDER is in Builtin (A) this is another RAM volume, and the two (database) files in the RAM.

You can use Filez or Resco Explorer on your device to do this....

17.    #18  
    Sorry - I don't see anything called "Builtin (A)" anywhere on the device (using fileZ).

Can you tell me more about where to look?
    I called this into sprint and have a trouble ticket issued. they projected 36 hours for a resolution. My wife is having the same issues on her p755. Thanks for all the help.
    Let us know if it is fixed for you. I'm interested in seeing if the issue is device specific or if it has more to do with the backend. Like I say right now I have 4 Centros all set up the same 2 have the issue and 2 don't. All are same plan with Sprint. If the fix is device specific it is going to suck but if the fix is carrier side it could be one and done.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Sorry - I don't see anything called "Builtin (A)" anywhere on the device (using fileZ).

Can you tell me more about where to look?
    In FileZ, go to the menu, go to Options, go to Preferences, and say "Show Hidden Volumes"

It is happening to me to on my Sprint Centro starting a few minutes ago. Even on my own web site. If I try going to a bad address, it pops up a web site that says "the website you requested is refusing the gateway's connection at the moment". I have a SERO plan, if that is relevant.

Maybe Sprint decided to force all HTTP connections through their proxy to limit what can be done on the data plan? Seems to be an evil way to do it if you ask me.

EDIT: Deleting all the blazer cache files and all the BUILTIN blazer files fixed it for now. Odd that this would pop up for everyone on the same day or two.
    Last edited by zhecht; 01/17/2008 at 01:19 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast