Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My hidden Blazer folder is completely empty and I did delete all of the other cache and cookie information but it still doesn't work for me.

I am in the Minneapolis area.

In the Data screen (as earlier mentioned) my Primary HA showing as 255.255.255.255 and secondary as 68.28.89.76. And I don't have the MSL for this phone yet to change them.

As someone else mentioned, I noticed this a few weeks ago but it had gone away.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    I'm in St. Paul MN and I just started to get this problem a few days ago - before I had the problem I was able to upgrade my Pocket Tunes from 4.05 to 4.06.

My phone (755p) crashed as I was playing with a newly bought SAG and after a restore to bring my phone back to normal from my NVBackup - I started to notice the IP Thingy - I thought I screwed something up until I found this thread - my restore brought my Pocket Tunes back to 4.05 and because of this IP Thingy I'm guessing that is why I can do the upgrade to Pocket Tunes 4.06.

So this is my post if Sprint is tracking this thread - please fix!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  3.    #43  
    Just called a local sprint store - their demo Centro's have this issue as well.
    Interesting!

I first noticed it this week trying to update the Ptunes as well. Hopefully Sprint will fix this problem soon! Not the end of the world, but certainly annoying to say the least. Still is amazing how much the "mini-browser' relies on proxy servers.

Reminds me when Sprint shut down the Blazer proxy server for my i500 a few years ago.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    I'm seeing the same problem. Tried doing all the deletes mentioned above, but the wierd proxy problem returns. Did a hard reset yesterday, and the problem remains.

I'm in the Rochester, MN area.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'm in Columbia, Missouri. We're a brand spanking new EVDO area.
  7.    #47  
    A neighbor has Centro - the problem exists in Blazer. Opera works fine.

Given that (as I understand it) Opera routes traffic through their servers, this lends support to some kind of "gateway" issue with Sprint for Blazer.

Keep those comments coming.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Um, yes... all Blazer traffic is routed through proxies on sprints network. Do most people not realize this?

The problem, apparently, is that someone in sprint's networking center has changed/switched one or more of these proxies with a 'new' (broken, for us treo users) one.

Possibly even worse, maybe one or more of their proxy servers have gotten hacked. Kinda doubt it tho. My guess is they're 'testing' some new proxies and ..well.. they break things for us.
    As I stated before, it is a Sprint network issue.

I do not recommend changing the phone network settings, especially if you do not know what they do. These settings survive a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Given that (as I understand it) Opera routes traffic through their servers, this lends support to some kind of "gateway" issue with Sprint for Blazer.
    Close. Sprint's servers are transparent (as opposed to Opera's advertised servers) and operate in a different fashion from Opera's servers.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I'm in Kansas City, and see it on my 755p and Centro. Tried literally everything in this thread, including hard reset, and the problem persists. This has been escalated on the Palm side too as of Thursday, and again as of Friday to work with Sprint to see what's up on their end.
    The problem is evident on the wife's Centro. I used Resco Explorer to delete the entire Blazer folder from the A: drive and it did not cure her ills.

My 755P appears unaffected. Yet.

We're in St. Louis, MO.
    I am in Philly and have the same problem. Very frustrating and Sprint and Treo Tech support at this point have been no help.

ERIC
    I'm in St. Louis, MO with a Sprint 700p. Sprint suggested I hard reset, and if that doesn't cure it, that I should contact the website owner where I experienced this issue, and ask them if they support wap. What a joke.
  14.    #54  
    There is no update. I'm shocked, just shocked. I asked the sprint rep what do do and he said, "wait."

Thanks.

Please keep the trouble (or success) reports coming.

Thanks.
    Try calling the "Consumerist Reader Sprint Executive Customer Service Hotline" (703-433-4401). I called them when I had other issues. They are good about answering calls, following up, and escallating.
  16.    #56  
    thanks - escalation is my next step. just stopped at a sprint store 12 miles west of the house. the sales guy's centro works fine. mine - still fubared.
    I called sprint technical support again, and they said they were "resetting the internet on their end". Then the tech had me enter ##774# and my MSL. On the dialog that came up they had me click "Restore factory defaults". That took awhile. When complete my phone prompted me to configure vision services, which I allowed it to do. After all that, my phone seemed to worked again as it was supposed to.

I don't know if it was coincidence that it worked, or an actual fix. I'm also not sure what, if anything, the tech really did on his end. So those of you with your MSL codes, you might give this a shot.

It torques me that I have to call sprint more than once to get someone who can even spell treo.
    Last edited by rezdog; 01/22/2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Grammar
  18.    #58  
    Thanks rezdog - good to hear something worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddw View Post
    worked for me. may work for you
    be very careful !!
    proceed at your own risk !!

1. at phone screen
    enter ##3282#
    2. unlock (tap modify)
    unlock pop-up appears
    "Please enter
    Master Subsidy Lock: ........."
    3. tap dotted line to get blinking cursor
    enter ******
    (locked changes to unlocked)

my primary HA was 68 28 81 76
    my secondary HA was 68 28 89 76

4. change 81 to 89
    5. change 89 to 81

now primary HA is 68 28 89 76
    now secondary HA is 68 28 81 76

tap OK.

hope this helps. sprint offered no explaination, but this fixed my 700p.
    This worked for me, but in my case, the Primary HA was set to 255.255.255.255, I swapped the primary HA to 68 28 89 76 and everything works well. Sprint offered no explanation either, after hard resetting my device twice, doing a RTN and PRI reset, and 'resetting' the system on their end. I offered up the fix and they said 'glad you could fix it' but I don't think they care about having a real fix. Their stuff is just so plain broke it's not even funny.
    Just an fyi.

Well, I called Sprint and the rep I talked to didn't know anything about it - he said he would talk to his supervisor - he came back and said they heard of the problem and said there was possibly a fix at Palm as they said some have gone there and they had some type of a patch - I think they were getting confused on the 700p patch - then they connected me to Palm and they never heard of this problem and said to call Sprint - oh well - no joy here.

I did give the Sprint guy this thread and he said he would be checking into this - I guess I'll keep my eyes on this thread too to see what the verdict is a little further down the road.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast