Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Thanks z. Usually I'm not this dense, but v6.8 of fileZ has no such option under any of the preference menus.

What am I missing? Do I need another version of FileZ?

Thanks for your patience with me.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    Thanks z. Usually I'm not this dense, but v6.8 of fileZ has no such option under any of the preference menus.

What am I missing? Do I need another version of FileZ?
    I'm using FileZ 6.8.3, so I don't think that's the difference. Make sure that if you're at the home screen that you click "View and Edit Files" before opening the menu. Clicking the "View Preferences" button from the home screen won't do it.
    If anybody else still has the issue before you delete the BLAZER folder off of the internal volume (labeled "A:" in Resco) can you tell me if there are any files in it?

I am curious to know if it might be some random config file that sprint managed to put on the device.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  4.    #24  
    I realized I did not have the latest version of FileZ - sorry for that drama.

Found the files TreoTraveler suggested, deleted them, and did a soft reset remains.

So does the problem. To borrow a phrase, the "IP Thingy" is still messed up.

Sprint advanced tech as call me twice today and appears to be really on top of this. We'll see how this plays out.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had three files in the Blazer directory, although I do not remember what all three were. Here are the complete steps I took that fixed it. This is on a Centro, so other phones may be different. I don't know which of these solved the problem:

1. In Blazer, I went to Options/Prefs/Advanced and cleared Cookies and Cache
    2. Used FileZ to delete all the BlazerCache_XXXXXXXX files (there were about 300 of them)
    3. Used FileZ to delete all the files in the BUILTIN\BLAZER directory
    4. Performed a soft reset
    5. Started Blazer

After that, everything worked.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Deleting the cache, cookies, and BLAZER folder in the hidden BUILTIN folder did nothing for my 755p. Still get the wierd proxy
    I deleted all Blazer related files, and then BLAZER directory on the hidden volume, did a soft reset, and still have the goofey URL's in my browser bar (Sprint 700p). I did log a request with technical support. Hopefully this gets resovled.

This flaw basically breaks anything that requires SSL. I saw this once before with a couple of weeks ago, then it went away, and now this week it's back.
  8. ddw
    worked for me. may work for you
    be very careful !!
    proceed at your own risk !!

1. at phone screen
    enter ##3282#
    2. unlock (tap modify)
    unlock pop-up appears
    "Please enter
    Master Subsidy Lock: ........."
    3. tap dotted line to get blinking cursor
    enter 563563
    (locked changes to unlocked)

my primary HA was 68 28 81 76
    my secondary HA was 68 28 89 76

4. change 81 to 89
    5. change 89 to 81

now primary HA is 68 28 89 76
    now secondary HA is 68 28 81 76

tap OK.

hope this helps. sprint offered no explaination, but this fixed my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    If anybody else still has the issue before you delete the BLAZER folder off of the internal volume (labeled "A:" in Resco) can you tell me if there are any files in it?
    There are acf files and a cache.fat file in the Blazer folder. I just deleted the entire Blazer folder in the device Builtin (A)

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I am curious to know if it might be some random config file that sprint managed to put on the device.
    I doubt that. I have not reprovisioned the Centro or updated the PRL since Oct 15th when I got the device.

I have not been on line much today with work to be done. But spot checking, the weird IP address has not returned after doing what I did earlier.

This worked for me like it did with z to get rid of the problem.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddw View Post
    1. at phone screen
    enter ##3282#
    2. unlock (tap modify)
    unlock pop-up appears
    "Please enter
    enter 563563
    Unfortunately, the Master Subsidy Lock is device specific, so your code won't work on another phone.

Also, my primary HA is 255.255.255.255 and my secondary is 68.28.49.76
    I think that clearing the Blazer files (since they are all cache files they will not cause the IP address to be tacked on to the beginning of a URL) AND having the problem go away is just a coincidence. The two events are not dependent of each other.

It appears that a gateway setting was changed, or the gateway software was updated, and this change is having an unexpected effect on the Treo.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I just noticed this today on my Treo 650. It was acting funny (losing passwords to sites like TreoCentral, etc.) Whatever I browsed to results in a url of:
    http://207.154.59.105/<original url>
  13.    #33  
    Another call from Sprint - still working on it.

Good news - they are tracking this thread carefully. The tech said it would be helpful to know where people are so they get a sense of how/if this problem is clustered.

I'm in Minneapolis. Please say where you are if you have this issue.

Thanks.
    I'm also in Minneapolis, but don't have this problem. I'm posting from the Light Rail on my 755 right now. (Gov't Plaza Station).
    all my devices are in Kansas City. 5 Centros in my group 3 with the additional IP address in the url that are breaking and 2 that work fine. I don't know when this started, but as far as I can tell sometime early this week.
    I'm in the Boston area.
    I'm going with Donald on this one. A gateway change sounds most feasible, and it would be great if it could be fixed on the back end. I can't see this issue being resolved phone by phone through a call into care. What a nightmare that would be for everyone.
    Lincoln, NE here.

And as I mentioned earlier even after resetting the phone and returning to factory defaults I still had the problem. So I am fairly sure it is nothing on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddw View Post
    worked for me. may work for you
    be very careful !!
    proceed at your own risk !!

1. at phone screen
    enter ##3282#
    2. unlock (tap modify)
    unlock pop-up appears
    "Please enter
    enter 563563

my primary HA was 68 28 81 76
    my secondary HA was 68 28 89 76

4. change 81 to 89
    5. change 89 to 81

now primary HA is 68 28 89 76
    now secondary HA is 68 28 81 76

tap OK.

hope this helps. sprint offered no explaination, but this fixed my 700p.
    My Primary and Secondary HA are set as yours (after you changed them). I didn't do it -- I swear! Anyway, I'm having no problems. Never have any, either.

Some have posted their having problems with other internet features, like upgrades to pTunes. Is On Demand working? What about Opera Mini? Just curious.
  20.    #40  
    Have not tried other browsers, but all other net functionality is fine for me - streaming in ptunes, updating e-mail and rss, on demand, and sprint TV all work.

Broken - browsing in blazer, updating software OTA through blazer, downloading files (like PDF's) through blazer.

Thanks for posting locations - keep them coming. Interesting to see someone else in Minneapolis is trouble free.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast