1.    #1  
    so my bat. life is not very good so i got power hero and its still not better
    settings of power hero. network off after 5min, bluetooth not on, infrared not on keyboard off. all i have used phone for was 10min of ptunes internet radio and email check every 3 hrs.
    phone was took off charger at 4am at 99% and now its noon and bat. life is at 40% the only other app i have is buttler any ideas why it sucks so bad or what to do to fix it
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Welcome to the club Ryan. I have been trying differant solutions and nothing. The latest for me was yesterday at a funeral I turned the phone off, so just the PDA part would work, battery was at 93%. 3 hours later it's at 13%. I'm really starting to think mine is screwed up. So now the question is, is it an insurance claim or will Sprint treat it as being under warantee and just swap it out?
  3.    #3  
    im going to give the bat. till sat. and if know improvment i will go to the sprint store and try to get a new one i dont know what else to do or ehat it could be
    Try shutting off Sprint Mobile Email if you are using that, it was draining my battery daily, without it I get 3 days or more.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Welcome to the club Ryan. I have been trying differant solutions and nothing. The latest for me was yesterday at a funeral I turned the phone off, so just the PDA part would work, battery was at 93%. 3 hours later it's at 13%. I'm really starting to think mine is screwed up. So now the question is, is it an insurance claim or will Sprint treat it as being under warantee and just swap it out?
    Yeah... thats not good. Mine lasts all day with 2 or 3 calls, some game playing, and a bit of internet surfing and I'm still at 80%
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by themshow View Post
    Try shutting off Sprint Mobile Email if you are using that, it was draining my battery daily, without it I get 3 days or more.
    i dont use sprint email
    Quote Originally Posted by themshow View Post

How do you turn it off?
    A couple other suggestions. Ensure that you disable bluetooth, IR, and IMs when you're not using them. Otherwise they will drain the battery much more quickly, and there is no point in draining it for nothing. Second, I think its always a good idea to have a spare battery. That way if you're running low and need to make an emergency call, you have it there in a pinch. The secondary gain to this would be that you could check out the performance on another battery. Sometimes batteries do go bad. Finally, there has been some reported situations (whose etiology is not yet apparent), that cause rapid loss of power in the battery. My suggestion though, is if you have the later and are still in your initial 30 days, and you still see a problem with a different battery, trade that puppy in.
    Hold the power button down to disconnect from the network or do it through the network option within the preferences. As a note, reception conditions make a big difference with these devices.

Ben