Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the Treo 775p housing/case/buttons are the same as the Treo 680?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    No, I don't think so.

The 755p has different housing because it "houses" a different radio. The 755p housing would not work on a 680 (or visa versa) bacause there's no slot for the SIM card.
    Also the batteries for the 680 doesn't work in the 755 which suggests different designs.
    The 755 is just a fraction larger. I didn't believe this until a woman at one of those mall kiosks tried to sell me a plastic case for a 680. When we tried to put it on it was so tight that when she tried to snap it together it cracked (the case, not the phone). At that time, the manager of the chain came by and said they were in fact different. He brought one for the 755 the next day and it fit great. I had tried one other one for a 680 at another store and it too was too small.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    is it possible just to just to mix and match the parts to fit? like i only want the 755 color on my 680, so can't i use the main housing of the 680 and just swap the front faceplate the camera faceplate and battery door? as i seen there are some sellers on ebay just selling these items.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    The 755p is indeed a hair larger. The 680 uses fullsize SD and has a more shallow battery well, thus the smaller capacity battery.

I've found that the 755p and 750 are essentially identical, as far as accessories go.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    no it will not fit, i can confirm
    does the 750 housing fits the 755 or viceversa?? coz, planning to change my treo 750 with the 755 housing.. the burgundy one.. pls. help.. thanks!
    750 and 755 are NOT interchangable...I can confirm
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    750 and 755 are NOT interchangable...I can confirm
    ok.. are you sure about that? have you tried it?

i mean the faceplates? front and back cover only? (are they not similar on size?) not the middle part.. because the 755 has a different middle part, no reset button on the minisd card slot..
    up up...
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmbong View Post
    ok.. are you sure about that? have you tried it?

i mean the faceplates? front and back cover only? (are they not similar on size?) not the middle part.. because the 755 has a different middle part, no reset button on the minisd card slot..

you need to trust me when I say it WILL NOT fit...

Ive been doing treos for quite some time now. I know my stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you need to trust me when I say it WILL NOT fit...

Ive been doing treos for quite some time now. I know my stuff.
    ok, finally believed you... hehe.. thanks!
    lol. all I wanted was to do a copper 680-esque 755p. anyone have any idea as how to do an interesting color like orange or lime green for 755p? I love my midnight blue treo, but I'd like another color after a year of ownership. I have no fear in taking it apart to replace keypad and casing. thanks all!