Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    why do you prefer one over the other>?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Versamail does not have IMAP IDLE capabilities, meaning it must "pull" mail from the server rather than have it delivered immediately.
    I use Versamail with Exchange Active Sync to sync email, contacts and calendar. Push mail works like a champ. I get mail on my Centro sometimes before it arrive in my desktop Outlook inbox.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    But can you move items to different folders in your exchange mailbox? It is my understanding that the ONLY program that both pushes e-mail AND allows you to view folders and move items is Chatter. With that said, I use Chatter for e-mail and Versamail for push calendar and contacts.
    Last edited by gadgetfreak; 01/16/2008 at 08:15 AM.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    One is good, the other, double plus good.