1.    #1  
    I'm starting this thread in hopes of having a place for any updates, etc. We all know that the GSM Centro is happening, based on rumor of course (but there are pictures of the device).

What I haven't heard or seen are any rumors/leaks or indications that Verizon is going to be adding the Centro, other than "predictions". I had hoped something would be announced or leaked since the 90 day exclusive to Sprint is over.
    Last edited by French; 01/15/2008 at 08:47 AM.
    VZW just released the 755 so don't expect the centro anytime soon.
  3.    #3  
    I eagerly watched for the 755P on Verizon and boy, what a disappointment that was...7 months later than Sprint. I was hoping that they would have their act together for the Centro and be quicker about getting it tested and out. From personal experience (and somewhat my opinion) the Centro is just all around more stable and better than the 755P.
    Someone had already posted a listing for the centro. Verizon's centro was listed as Q2. I don't remember the specifics.
    That is why I left VZ for sprint. I was tired of waiting for the 755p. Delays, delays and more delays. The coverage was as good or better everywhere I have been with Sprint. Glad I switched and have not looked back. Plus I saved a bunch of money!
    I stand corrected. The thread is found in the CDMA - NA forum.
    http://www.treocentral.com/images/ad...1199582167.gif

Looks like its Jan-Mar. Before ATT's centro.
    VZW rarely meets their dates regarding Palm devices. Q2 is probably more realistic.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I stand corrected. The thread is found in the CDMA - NA forum.
    http://www.treocentral.com/images/ad...1199582167.gif

Looks like its Jan-Mar. Before ATT's centro.
    That list is a "prediction" list from this site. It is not a "leaked" release list, or rumor. It is simply the predictions that some of the contributors from this site came up with.

I'm looking for something a bit more concrete...a leak or rumor that VZW is testing it, or will carry it.
    What about getting an unlocked phone? I don't understand much about unlocked phones, but it seems like that option might not work with a carrier that doesn't use a SIM.
    Well, my contract has been up with VZW for quite a while. I would prefer to stay with them but if they don't announce the Centro by Feb 1 I will probably take my three phone family plan to Sprint.

VZW's coverage is the best but they are too darn slow adopting new technology...at least the technology I want.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    If VZW's lateness in releasing the 755p or the MR for the 700p stemmed from a great interest in quality control, it would be worth the wait. However, it was astonishing to find after waiting so long that the VZW software is essentially the same as Sprint's, i.e. just as buggy, and there was another bug with the VZW implementation revealed by the MR that led to failed network connections. So, it's hard to understand why VZW is so darned slow in releasing these products!
  12.    #12  
    I'm with Sprint now and for the most part I could live with it until 2 weeks ago when I had to call 911 for my step son and had to repeat my address 3 freaking times before they could understand me. Meanwhile the VZW phones in my household have a great signal. I don't want to have to remember to force roaming when I arrive home, and then put it back when I leave. Ridiculous. I've also discovered that a place I frequent in the summer doesn't have very good Sprint coverage, and for some reason even forcing VZW roaming the coverge is spotty and data is inconsistent. I know VZW works well in that area because I had them before.

Between those 2 things I really want to go back to VZW. But they are making it pretty much impossible with their inability to release a Palm in a timely manner. It's really unacceptable.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrison600 View Post
    What about getting an unlocked phone? I don't understand much about unlocked phones, but it seems like that option might not work with a carrier that doesn't use a SIM.
    In the CDMA world there is no such thing. CDMA doesn't use a SIM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    "Avian's Tero Kuittinen comments on Palm (NASDAQ:PALM) following discussions with operator sources that indicate Palm is getting near to debuting Centro at AT&T and after that (somewhat surprisingly) T-Mobile. Centro's success at Sprint has caught the attention of rival operators and the 3-month exclusivity period is drawing to an end. The firm is unsure about the prospects of a Verizon launch of Centro - the Verizon relationship of Palm may be under some stress after the 4Q launch delay of Treo. In discussion with the Palm CFO, he naturally declined to discuss specific operator deals, but giggled a little when asked about T-Mobile. Centro demand at Sprint continues running above expectations of both Sprint and Palm."

from article today seen at - sounds a but discouraging for those of us wanting verizon centro: http://notablecalls.blogspot.com/200...g-its-act.html
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    SNIP...from article today seen at - sounds a but discouraging for those of us wanting verizon centro: http://notablecalls.blogspot.com/200...g-its-act.html.../SNIP
    Sure does.