Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Pocket Tunes Updated 1/14/08

Pocket Tunes is now at version 4.0.6. Updates include:

Version 4.0.6 1/14/08

* Enhancement: Add copy protected indicator on Song Info screen (#4653)
    * Bug fix: Improve layout of .zip file (#4649)
    * Bug fix: Make menu name for external media prefs consistent (#4666)
    * Bug fix: Improve error message when device has no storage cards when using MTP (#4640)
    * Bug fix: Fix MTP protocol error causing problems with libmtp on Linux/Mac (#4733)
    * Bug fix: Remove ".pla" from the names of transfered playlists (#3114)
    * Bug fix: Fix crash when certain forms (e.g. incoming SMS) overlay the popup console (#4651)
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Tks for the heads up twitch3.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Thanks twitch. Updating OTA now...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Said the file was too big. Are others having luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    I downloaded mine to my laptop and will hotsync when I get time.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Downloaded OTA and installed w/o issue. (I have 21mb free memory though.)
    I downloaded mine via OTA to the Centro and installed it without a hitch.......

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I downloaded mine to my laptop and will hotsync when I get time.
    OK I caved. I did the OTA w/o any issues.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    No problems here.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I have 24 memory and my download failed. I will try to the pc and hot sync.

Can I pick your brain as well? Ptunes came loaded on my vzw 755p. I have a question in regards to the upgrade to the deluxe. I am not a huge music guy and have no problem loading music via syncing from my PC.

Is the only thing I am losing by not going deluxe is the ability to download songs directly to the device from online stores? Or are there other reasons I should upgrade to deluxe?

thanks for you thoughts,
    PE
    Deluxe includes the internet streaming ability, playing wma and a couple of other file formats. I don't remember when skins is in the basic or not. If you are happy with things the way they are, it probably won't be worth it. If you want the internet radio stations, then it might be worth it.
    The Deluxe version is also suppose to give you the ability to show album art, but that hasn't worked on my 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The Deluxe version is also suppose to give you the ability to show album art, but that hasn't worked on my 755p.
    Be sure you're using the right skin. I don't think the default skin that comes with PocketTunes displays album art (or you have to press menu-W to see it). I used Sleek Blue (Enhanced) when I put album art on my Centro, and it worked fine (it has 3 different views, 2 of which show album art).

If you can't get album art to show with this skin, do a search for the types of formats that are acceptable. Then make sure the album art file is in the same folder as your music on your external card.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    I was able to download it once but I had to restore my 755p which had the old 4.05 and now it will not let me update - it gives me the same message as you got - it didn't matter if I check show images or not - tried a half a dozen times - still no go - I have 39mb free memory and 3.5gb left on a 4gb card.

Where do you find it on the web to dowload to pc - do you have to download the deluxe?

I heard from a few updates back that if you download the Deluxe - after the trial if will revert to basic - so I guess that might be the round about way to get 4.06?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I was able to download the update okay on my Sprint 755p. However, I don't notice any difference whatsoever. Everything seems the same to me.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!