Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Finally, we have a smartphone that comes in pink. There is no need to buy pink skins/covers for your Palm anymore. But what really bothers me is that it took Palm so long to add the pink color to its product line. Pink should have been added to all the Treos. You will be surprised how many ladies would have bought Treos if they already come in pink. Read my latest post Popular Pink Free Cell Phones. Palm Centro pink is the best pink smartphone, period.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    How does this post make sense? You ask if it is the best pink smartphone, then say it is the only pink smartphone, and THEN say it is the best pink smartphone.

Even your post on your site doesn't even make sense:

Pink is still in this year. Almost every best selling phone comes in variety of pink flavors. Pink razr V3, Magenta razr V3, Sony Ericsson Z310a Pink, Sanyo SCP-3200 Pink, Sanyo Katana DLX Pink Satin, and Pink Palm Centro is the latest addition. If you go by Manufacturer, Motorola and Sanyo offer more pink phones. If you go by Carrier, Sprint offers more pinks phones than any other carriers. Coincidentally, all of these pink cell phones are free when you buy online. Does this mean ladies who want to buy pink cellular phones tend to look for more bargains?
    Those pink phones aren't even all free online. On Sprint, for instance, the Katana II is $30, the Sanyo SCP-3200 is $30, the Katana DLX is $80, the Centro is $100, the Muziq is $100, etc. Where the hell are you getting your information?
    Last edited by TheRobin; 01/14/2008 at 11:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Search for free cell phones online. There are many online retailers offering these phones for free before or after rebates. Don't buy directly from carrier's website. Letstalk is one of them that offers great price. You can save much more than in local stores.

I don't expect everyone agree with me that the Pink Centro is the best pink smartphone. I am looking for any thoughts, opinions, and suggestions.
    Well, if I didn't have a black one already, I would DEFINATELY get the Pink Centro. I love the look and the color button interface.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Well, if I didn't have a black one already, I would DEFINATELY get the Pink Centro. I love the look and the color button interface.
    I posted to you in the Pink Centro thread...I'm surprised I don't see a black Centro for sale on ebay by a seller of "GeekyMom".

Would sure match your bluetooth nicely.....
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I posted to you in the Pink Centro thread...I'm surprised I don't see a black Centro for sale on ebay by a seller of "GeekyMom".

Would sure match your bluetooth nicely.....
    LOL, now that's a thought!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    not sure if it's the best, this will actually be my 1st pink phone ever...will let know more later!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    Search for free cell phones online. There are many online retailers offering these phones for free before or after rebates. Don't buy directly from carrier's website. Letstalk is one of them that offers great price. You can save much more than in local stores.

I don't expect everyone agree with me that the Pink Centro is the best pink smartphone. I am looking for any thoughts, opinions, and suggestions.
    You can get most phones for free online, through third party sites, but then you can't get the largely discounted monthly plans that many of us here have, and you have to pay huge fees if you are ever late on your bill, etc. Many of these sites that come up when googling for free phones will be way more hassle and end up costing you more than the $100 you saved on the phone. And most phones coming in pink tend to be basic phones instead of PDAs, so of course you can get them for nothing. It is the same for other colors of the same phones, so I'm not sure why you attribute this to the color.

How can you be looking for opinions on whether it is the best pink smartphone when you say it is the ONLY pink smartphone?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobin View Post
    You can get most phones for free online, through third party sites, but then you can't get the largely discounted monthly plans that many of us here have, and you have to pay huge fees if you are ever late on your bill, etc. Many of these sites that come up when googling for free phones will be way more hassle and end up costing you more than the $100 you saved on the phone. And most phones coming in pink tend to be basic phones instead of PDAs, so of course you can get them for nothing. It is the same for other colors of the same phones, so I'm not sure why you attribute this to the color.

How can you be looking for opinions on whether it is the best pink smartphone when you say it is the ONLY pink smartphone?
    I was being sarcastic when I said "the best pink smartphone". But there are really some great deals online, and you have to look carefully - there are some restriction on filing rebates. Plans offered through these online authorized retailers are the same as you would find on carriers' websites. And you will be billed by the carrier of your choice monthly after you purchase the phone (if the phone is not free).
    Many third party sites have very strict restrictions on more than just rebates...

For example, Amazon.com is a reputable site, and has many cell phones for $1 or less. They had one such "deal" less than a month ago for the Centro. But it included a $250 instant rebate, which you would have to pay back if you paid your bill late, transfered the phone to another line, changed your plan, etc. Your credit card gets automatically charged for $250 if any of these things happen. Most third parties do the same thing.

Also, there are many special plans offered on carrier's websites that would not be available through third parties. Considering this is the Centro forum, I'm fairly sure more than half the people here have one such Sprint plan.
    Finally, we have a smartphone that comes in pink. But what really bothers me is that it took Palm so long to add the pink color to its product line. Pink should have been added to all the Treos. You will be surprised how many ladies would have bought Treos if they already come in pink. Read my latest post Popular Pink Free Cell Phones. Palm Centro pink is the best pink smartphone, period.

Um, pardon my colorblindedness (I am), but who cares? Pink is just another color on the colorwheel. Big stinkin' deal.
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Finally, we have a smartphone that comes in pink. There is no need to buy pink skins/covers for your Palm anymore. But what really bothers me is that it took Palm so long to add the pink color to its product line. Pink should have been added to all the Treos. You will be surprised how many ladies would have bought Treos if they already come in pink. Read my latest post Popular Pink Free Cell Phones. Palm Centro pink is the best pink smartphone, period.
    Palm should have held a big event (just like MacWorld) to announce the new color. Whoop-dee-frikkin-doo!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Palm should have held a big event (just like MacWorld) to announce the new color. Whoop-dee-frikkin-doo!
    Yeah, let's call it PalmWorld or TreoWorld, and who will be attending? And who would like to hear "oh, one more thing, here is the pink Centro". If you ever been to the so-called Palm Flagship Store and any Apple store, you will understand why ipod is dominating the mp3 market and iphone is outselling any other smartphones.
    You don't need to look at the stores. It's pretty easy to see just looking at the products. Palm has had no OS innovation in 5 years, and very little progress in handset design. Not to mention several years of broken promises regarding the new OS, and the fact that they are just now putting GPS and Wifi on new phones. They do very little marketing compared to the RIM, Apple, etc. but even if they did, they don't have many amazing products in this day of age. People tend to prefer pretty UIs and handsets over stability these days.
    Maybe if they changed the name to CentroAir, our thinnest yet, ok how about CentralAir and started shipping the white one.
    ^ hehe.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The pink iphone may come out sooner than you think. Until then the pink Centro is still the only "best pink smartphone" out there.