Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have been getting some wierd errors that I think are related to sprint moble email.

1) Resets when I exit. Sometimes the Centro will soft reboot when I exit the SME application. I don't get reboots at any other times.

2) Every so often (1/3 of the time?) when I run a /E receive command, I will get a prompt saying that the software needs to be updated to version 6.7.4.1041 -which is the version I currently have.

These are frustrating issues. I am running goodlink at the same time, so this may be a contributing factor.

Is anyone else seeing issues with their SME app?

-Sean
    Between crashes, draining the battery, and constant vibrations (with no notice of which app they are coming from), I gave up on it.
    I'm on a 755p.

I get the issue where it says to upgrade even though I have the latest.

Also the push email doesn't always work (which may be related to Sprint's servers, not so much the software itself).

But other than that I do not get soft reset's (unless I download email attachments that are handled by another app automatically, such as downloading a zip file with LightNZip installed, theres a bug that causes 100% soft resets) or crashes.
    My wife has used the Sprint mail since she got the Centro on Oct 14 2007. She has not has battery drain or resetting issues. She had not had one problem with it at all. She uses it daily.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by themshow View Post
    Between crashes, draining the battery, and constant vibrations (with no notice of which app they are coming from), I gave up on it.
    The vibrations come from the Alerts option in the Preferences.

Got to Settings... > Preferences > Mail category. click on the "Alerts" button and uncheck "Vibrate". I too thought this was odd that my phone would vibrate during the day without letting me know why.

I'm just trying to decide if the new VersaMail update is better or worse than the Sprint mobile client. So far it's a tie.