1.    #1  
    I just purchased Monkey Pak and cant get anything to work.

Monkey Card and Money Messenger give me errors and I do have the right sms number in. Monkey logo sends the logo but when i save it, it doesnt apply it to the phone. Monkey tone says it sent a ring tone but nothing is sent. This along with blazer will rack up about 50 bucks of stuff I dont even know how to get to work. Why me!

I have voicestream service out of PA. And I am using a nokia 8290. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Much
    Alex
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I too bought monkey pak and i have a 8290 nokia on voicestream. I did get Logo to work but only to send groups not operator Logos by beam not by SMS. I Did get the SMS (Short message service) Monkey Messanger works great but tones as i am told by john of monkey software does not work with beaming on the 8290 and does not work with voicestream YET but it should work soon and monkey cards well maybe if they get tones to work with sms cards will work also. I have sent monkey software many e-mails and i am sure that they don't want to hear from me for awhile but please e-mail them and let me know what info you get.
    Herkimer
  3.    #3  
    Yes Logo only works with group for me as well. It will send and save but no logo or the operator. Odd that they say all this is compatable with Nokia 8290 and yet not much of it is.

If possible can you tell me what you did to get Monkey Messenget to work. I called Voice Stream and got the SMSC number off of them but it still wont work.

I am currently mailing Primate Systems with my problems. So far they asked me for the SMSC number I was using. I will post my results on this. All of that was a great idea, lets hope it actually works.

Thanks again for your help Herkimer
  4.    #4  
    Ok after emails from John and Dave from Primate Systems They gave me enough suggestions to get monkey logo to work for my operator group with Direct beam. Heres how I did it.

First I went to set 4 in the message settings and set it to SMSC# +16466220000

Then I beamed over the operator logo with Operator: VOICESTREAM and checked the 8x series (experimental) cause if i dont it will just come over as dots. And sent and saved and the logo is up on the operators screen.

So far it hasnt worked with monkey Tone yet and I havent tried monkey Card but I will update as I press on further in my mission to get the monkey working.
  5.    #5  
    Ok after many emails with john and Dave at primate systems I was able to get monkey tone to work by sending thru sms.

But first off i have to correct myself in the last message i sent. Monkey logo did not work because i sent it thru sms, i did send thru direct beam so the sms number shouldnt have anything to do with it I dont think. I honestly am not sure what i did to get that to work, but it does.

now on to monkey tone.

I set my SMSC# to +13343338200 on my phone and on my visor prism and just sent it on its way. it came as a ring tone and intalled like a charm.

Now Monkey tone, messenger and logo are working. But Monkey Card is not. JOhn from Primate has informed me that Voicestream Blocks the cards for some reason.

Thanks to John and Dave at Primate who have been very helpful and quick with their response emails.

Monkey Tone - Logo and messenger are great, but if you have voicestream dont bother with Card. Or maybe just dont bother with voicestream.
    Originally posted by thepromoter
    Ok after emails from John and Dave from Primate Systems They gave me enough suggestions to get monkey logo to work for my operator group with Direct beam. Heres how I did it.
    How does one send through Direct Beam? I can't find that anywhere in MonkeyLogo.

First I went to set 4 in the message settings and set it to SMSC# +16466220000

Then I beamed over the operator logo with Operator: VOICESTREAM and checked the 8x series (experimental) cause if i dont it will just come over as dots. And sent and saved and the logo is up on the operators screen.
    What is "set 4 in the message settings"? I've changed the SMSC# on both my phone and my Visor but could not get an Op logo to send through SMS. Also, where did you check 8x series? I can't find that anywhere either.

Thanks.
    "A fish's dreams should stay in the sea." -"Big Eyed Fish", Dave Matthews
  7.    #7  
    >>>How does one send through Direct Beam? I can't find that anywhere in MonkeyLogo.

In monkey Logo click on the drop down menu, click connection and check SEND DIRECT TO NOKIA by IR

>>>What is "set 4 in the message settings"? I've changed the SMSC# on both my phone and my Visor but could not get an Op logo to send through SMS. Also, where did you check 8x series? I can't find that anywhere either.

Forget about set 4, I dont think it matters since you are sending directly over IR, neither does the SMS number. When you highlight the logo you want, click send, it takes you to another screen that shows the logo and has the words calling group and operator. Click operator and click Voicestream (There are many voicestreams in that list I find mine only works if I click the Voicestream that comes after Pac Bell on the list.) You should also see that 8x series box too. CLick that then turn the ir on, on your phone, line em up and send it out.

Good luck!