View Poll Results: What IM program do you use?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mundu

43 71.67%
  • IM+

6 10.00%
  • Causerie

1 1.67%
  • Toccer

7 11.67%
  • Chatopus

3 5.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was curious to see what the most popular currently available IM application is. What do you use? So far Mundu looks pretty good, and pretty cheap. I think when my trial expires I will purchase it. I know Verichat is probably the most popular, but for those of us who missed the boat, it's not really a viable option.
    I use Mundu and have had no problems with it. What I do not like is that it does not save the chat sessions.
    Ben
    IM+

Too many resets with MunduIM. Other problems too.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    The Centro version of MunduIM, which you have to personally request from Mundu, is more stable than the one available on the website, esp in background mode. It works for other Treos too, eg on my T650.

I havent seen it mentioned previously but the new version also addresses what for me was a real problem with the main version: it allows offline sending of ICQ msgs.

My only issue with Mundu now is that Id like to be able to store it on the SD card when not in use, but Zlauncher only moves the main app and leaves heaps of "library" files behind. Most of these I dont even need (AOL, MNL, AIM specific libraries etc) but you cant delete them either, or Mundu wont launch.

Mundu may be not as functional as Verichat, but funnily enough, for some reason, Im still able to use that too! -- but I wont be cheeky and ask the OP to put on the list!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I used to use ChatWorks :
    http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...d=21&Itemid=32

It's not as polished yet as the others you've listed, but on the upside it is being actively developed
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I used to use ChatWorks :
    ...it is being actively developed
    It doesnt look like it is available for use or even testing as yet??? Were you a beta-tester: what were your thoughts on it? Look's promising with the SMS aspect as well.

This page has some screenshots though:

http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...d=40&Itemid=27

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Sorry, just had to laugh at the made up word "funnily". "Humorously" or "oddly" would be viable alternatives.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Sorry, just had to laugh at the made up word "funnily".
    Made up in what sense?? I do like making up words, but I don't think I can claim credit for this one.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/funnily

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    The Centro version of MunduIM, which you have to personally request from Mundu, is more stable than the one available on the website, esp in background mode. It works for other Treos too, eg on my T650.

I havent seen it mentioned previously but the new version also addresses what for me was a real problem with the main version: it allows offline sending of ICQ msgs.

My only issue with Mundu now is that Id like to be able to store it on the SD card when not in use, but Zlauncher only moves the main app and leaves heaps of "library" files behind. Most of these I dont even need (AOL, MNL, AIM specific libraries etc) but you cant delete them either, or Mundu wont launch.

Mundu may be not as functional as Verichat, but funnily enough, for some reason, Im still able to use that too! -- but I wont be cheeky and ask the OP to put on the list!

cheers
    You're still able to use Verichat TODAY? Jan 14th?
    Last edited by firstbeat; 01/14/2008 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Made up in what sense?? I do like making up words, but I don't think I can claim credit for this one.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/funnily

cheers
    Out of the park!!! Woot!!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    <quote> You're still able to use Verichat TODAY? Jun 14th? </quote>

funnily enough, yes.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    <quote> You're still able to use Verichat TODAY? Jun 14th? </quote>

funnily enough, yes.
    You *sure*? It's been offline for me and others for about 4 days in a row now.

BTW, on topic, Mundu sucks, always has. IM+ has gotten a LOT better, and 3.1 isn't half bad. Chatopus would be the best, but it has no concept of reconnect, so once you're offline, you're offline. Timeout, phone call, reconnect data, whatever.
    That's too bad. I was hoping he was right.

I'm using Mundu right now not because it's the best..but because it's the only one that works for me now. I have licenses for Mundu, Causerie, IM+ and Webmessenger, and I find that only Mundu works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You *sure*? It's been offline for me and others for about 4 days in a row now.

BTW, on topic, Mundu sucks, always has. IM+ has gotten a LOT better, and 3.1 isn't half bad. Chatopus would be the best, but it has no concept of reconnect, so once you're offline, you're offline. Timeout, phone call, reconnect data, whatever.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Mundu works great for me. I wasn't thrilled with version 3, but version 4 (centro version) works well. It's not Verichat, but for $11, it's a great value.
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You *sure*? It's been offline for me and others for about 4 days in a row now
    Absolutely. To double check, I am at this very same time having the questionable pleasure of chatting to myself via two ICQ accounts, one on the PC, one on the Treo. Last week I was sending and receiving offline messages to friends.

I dont use IM a lot, but on reflection I don't think Verichat has ever been down for me. There was one time, near the cut-off date, when I checked and I thought it was not working, but I think now that my perception was perhaps a bit twisted by my expectations - I just gave it a cursory glance really, and probably didnt give the app time to start up properly. In any case, every time Ive checked it since then (maybe about 15 times) at the very least its logged me in, and its done anything else Ive asked of it.

Maybe the fact its working for me has got something to do with the fact I'm in India?

How far are people willing to go to get Verichat back?

cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 01/15/2008 at 04:24 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Absolutely. To double check, I am at this very same time having the questionable pleasure of chatting to myself via two ICQ accounts, one on the PC, one on the Treo. Last week I was sending and receiving offline messages to friends.

I dont use IM a lot, but on reflection I don't think Verichat has ever been down for me. There was one time, near the cut-off date, when I checked and I thought it was not working, but I think now that my perception was perhaps a bit twisted by my expectations - I just gave it a cursory glance really, and probably didnt give the app time to start up properly. In any case, every time Ive checked it since then (maybe about 15 times) at the very least its logged me in, and its done anything else Ive asked of it.

Maybe the fact its working for me has got something to do with the fact I'm in India?

cheers
    That's very strange.. It's been down 2-3 times since the "EOL" date, but it's been down 100% for me for about 5 or 6 days now. I've checked it several times a day, nada.

cheers[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to be cryptic here?
  18.    #18  
    Is it possible to receive calls/SMS when logged into Mundu on a 650?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    650, calls-no, SMS-yes I believe
    700p, 755, and Centro, calls-yes, sms-yes
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    650, calls-no, SMS-yes I believe
    700p, 755, and Centro, calls-yes, sms-yes
    You can't make calls while connected on Mundu? I'm sure you're wrong there.

Accepting calls would be iffy.. If there's active data transfer, it might not come in. But just connected, a call would come through.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast