Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hi there, I'm a month into owning a 755p. Get this...I was still on my trial period with my 755 and I decided to try the Mogul. Decent phone with some cool options, but it it very slow to change screens and had HORRIBLE sound quality. I sent it right back to Sprint and kept my 755p. By far this is the best phone out there.

Ok, here is my question. I did a lot of searching but still unsure how to go about this...

I understand you can change themes and what not. Is there any theme that would help a business user such as myself? For example, the mogul could display two calendar events and a "to-do". I notice my 755 only displays one. What options do I have to make it more "user friendly" at a glance?

Lastly, if there is any software that you recommend I download, please let me know...I'm a rookie here guy. Thanks
    You might wanna check out agendus for palm.

http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/

Also get NVBackup which is free, backs up your device state.

I also like TakePhone, better phone interface than the default palm os, but that's not free.

I like Butler for alarms/alert management + replacement screen locker, also not free.

Splash ID, stores all your passwords/accounts/web login/whatever info with 1 password. Syncs between your PC and your Treo, also not free.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks, some good links there. I kept reading about the thousands of free programs for this phone... I guess you get what you pay for?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr150 View Post
    Thanks, some good links there. I kept reading about the thousands of free programs for this phone... I guess you get what you pay for?
    There are lots of them. But you get what you pay for and the good ones that cost only around $20-30 make you think the Blackberry and Windows Mobile blows big time.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, keep the tips and hints coming. This is great information...in the mean time I will do more searching around the forum.
    There's a lot of good free progs.

It just depends what you need an app to do.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Is there a good website with all the freebies?
    Don't really know. I just figure out what I need an app to do, then I look for an app that does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr150 View Post
    Is there a good website with all the freebies?
    try...

http://www.freewarepalm.com/moresoftware.shtml
    http://www.freeware-palmos.com/

for starters.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Great thanks! I found one that might work well for my business needs. Here it is...

http://www.freeware-palmos.com/6d/60-today.html

Before I screw anything up I thought I should check with you guys. How can I go about getting this onto my phone? I'm guessing just throw it in the storage (I don't have a card yet). Any breif instuctions? And if I don't like it will deleting it bring it back to normal?

Thanks!
    Don't delete it, install NVBackup first (free).

Create a backup, install the app. If you don't like it restore the backup. I recommend always doing this.

To install it you can double click the .prc/.pdb files on your PC, which puts them in the install queue for Hotsync. Then you connect your Treo with the usb cable and press the button to perform a hotnsync. Now it's installed.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help...I will try it tonight and let you know my thoughts.
    i would suggest.. datebk6 for extreme calendar and task memos.. the options are endless

interfaced with 2day...for a great user friendly look
    can even add 4cast with plugin to 2day for weather and can get takephone to use for making calls....also would suggest chattermail for email....
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great idea! However I'm going to stick with the free versions for now, just to play around with for a bit. I'm new to this so I don't want to spend extra money quite yet.
    gsxr150 why did you switch from the mogul?