Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    There is definately a lag problem with the Verizon 755P. I have seen the exact same problem with the 700P. Verizon denies it because they can never duplicate it. The reason they can't duplicate is because all their stores are located near strong cell towers.

I live in a fringe area between two cell sites. The problem is very apparent then. Calls are hard to hang up, programs hang for a few moments, etc. It happens when the phone slips in and out of coverage it seems. I have experienced it on certain parts of the Interstate near by too - I go back later to those areas and just sit and notice the signal strength is low and varies a lot.

At least the damn 755P does not beep when it goes in and out like the 700P did (even with sounds turned off). Verizon gave me the 755P free because they could not keep me working effectively with the 700P. In addition to the beeping issue, my 700P would lose data connectivity after the 1.06 to 1.10 upgrade. They even gave me a factory upgraded 1.10 phone and it did not work right. They still deny any problems with the phones.

I hate Verizon... but for me, it is the only game in town.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    I have the same but I realize that it isn't as terrible as I thought (and I hated the 700p bleeping everywhere.) The OS is very fast and the switching sometimes requires a small wait that you'll probably tolerate if you were on Windows Mobile. Hanging up sometimes requires a half second wait. It's also that spastic switch from hanging up to the phone screen. All in all the 755p is better than I thought.
    I got my phone for free too and its a little slow at times but when I put my memory card in it goes real slow.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, forgot about Bluetooth dropping and reconnecting. Real irritating when you are in a meeting and have to listen to a beeping every few moments when it cycles.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    My Verizon 755P does beep when it goes out of signal which is very annoying in the elevator at work since it keeps beeping at every other floor or when the doors open. Do we know what to do to stop other than always keep it on vibrate? Also, I'm in a great cell reception area and notice the lag -- 2-3 seconds to end a call or to get to a program or close one. Also, my 650 worked great with the Bluetooth in my car and now it only occasionally picks up or will call from my car. I've only had it a couple of weeks and like the form factor and space, but the little things are very annoying.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    On the 755p you can easily eliminate the bleeping caused by signal fading and losing coverage by going to:

Prefs>Sound & Alerts>Phone Alerts

and turning the appropriate items off. Also true for the 700p.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks! I've already changed and will try on the way to work tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The beep does not shut off on 700P's running 1.10 (Verizon) in some markets. I did shut it off on my old 700P. Had the phone on vibrate. It still made the tone sometimes.

The 700P is a POS depending on the software version and the market or area you are in. It appears the 755P might have some of the same issues but not nearly as bad.

The biggest problem I have with it is the lag and the bluetooth drops/reconnects.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexInPA View Post
    The beep does not shut off on 700P's running 1.10 (Verizon) in some markets. I did shut it off on my old 700P. Had the phone on vibrate. It still made the tone sometimes.

The 700P is a POS depending on the software version and the market or area you are in. It appears the 755P might have some of the same issues but not nearly as bad.

The biggest problem I have with it is the lag and the bluetooth drops/reconnects.
    Have you tried to see if you have these problems without any of your 3rd-party software?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexInPA View Post

All I can tell you is that it worked for my VZ 700p with the Treo700p_-1.10-VZW upgrade (9/07).

I do have a slight lag in hanging up calls with my 755p and can't tell much difference in that whether I am in a weak or strong coverage area. Reception does seem to be improved over the 700p as I can keep a signal with the 755 in areas that I lost it with the 700.

Bluetooth is a problem on the 755p and not on the 700p. I have noticed the drop/reconnect using my Freedom 2000 GPS unit but no beeping when that happens.

All in all I think that the 755p is better than the 700p.

Frank
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had the lag issues and bluetooth issues with the factory fresh phone, no applications on it. This is a network issue with Verizon due to the changes in the phone they dictate to work with their network (which of course their stores deny they make changes and blame Palm).

In the end, the 755 is just another POS in regards to Verizon. Verizon will deny any problems until they are blue in the face. It also only seems to affect users in fringe coverage areas or wherever there is a weak signal (like down in a valley). I live in one of these areas - I sit between two or three towers and there is a large portion of our region that is not covered very well. When I am in York, Harrisburg, Baltimore, DC, Philly, etc, no problems.

AlexInPA, are you implying in your sig that LEDOff works on your 755p?? I couldn't get it to...I have ver. 0.23.

To stay on topic...

My 680 on AT&T had the kind of lags and pauses that you all are talking about. After 12 years with AT&T (formerly Cingular formerly CellularOne), I finally switched to Sprint to try the 755p because of my dissatisfaction with the 680 (and Sprint's SERO plan), and outgrowing my trusty 650. I have a little bit of pausing, say when I'm typing, and lags specifically when entering/exiting Chatter and Blazer, but other than that, after the 680, I LOVE it (on Sprint).

OTOH, if you're going to the 755p from a 650, it probably would feel overly laggy. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember something about the 680 having some sort of "updated" or "optimized" version of NVFS. For example, on a 650, if you're entering data in a cell in Sheet To Go, and right in the middle of it, you get a phone call, when you go back to Sheet To Go, the data won't be there, but on a 680(/755p/Centro?) the data would be there, because it was already written to NVFS, BEFORE you even saved it. I've seen this happen on my 650 and 680. I attribute the "lagginess" and occasional pauses to this.

Just my 2 and MHO. I'd like to know more about the "optimized NVFS", if anyone else knows anything about it.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    I have LEDOff version 0.2.3 and it works perfectly. If this didn't work on the 755 I would not keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    I have LEDOff version 0.2.3 and it works perfectly. If this didn't work on the 755 I would not keep it.
    Hmm... I wonder how many people on whose 755 LEDOff works are Verizon, as opposed to Sprint? I'm on Sprint. Also, for the Verizon folks, did your 755 have, out of the box, the green flashing signal indicator enabled?

Thanks.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Yes! Both the red and green lights were enabled out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    Yes! Both the red and green lights were enabled out of the box.
    That's nice. Mine are NOT enabled out of the box, but the features are there "hidden" to take advantage of programatically.

Anyoldwho, thanks...

EDIT: A profile manager program I use, PowerMan, enables this function for me (among other things), so that LEDOff now works.
    Last edited by sportyrydr; 01/24/2008 at 12:55 PM.
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  17. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I see this is an older thread, but I think it's worth waking it up to say that I just got a 755p and I also decided to get powerman instead of power hero which I was using on my Treo 650.
    -r0k

The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
    My 700p is running on 755p software so I don't have this "beeping" problem *grin*. However I do have the stupid "sound tick" that plays every time you press a button. I fixed that by turning off the system volume while leaving all the other sounds on.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am a volunteer EMT. I was on a cardiac arrest the other night. The area we were in had bad radio reception so I switched to cell to contact medical command to get a release since the patient was down for over an hour prior to our arrival. My lovely Treo locked up again for over 2 minutes until I pulled the battery.

If this had been life or death, this person could have suffered due to the lovely POS Treo 755P running on the Verizon network. Of course Verizon still denies any problems with their phones and they claim they don't modify the phone. Yeah, sure.

I have stripped this phone down to nothing and it still fails like this. Blue tooth is a joke - my headset cuts out all the time and usually just as I am about to use it.

Maybe it is time to dump the Treo/Palm device entirely. I will miss some of the great applications I use for medical purposes - eMedic and ePocrates are great drug guides. Given the choice over a drug guide or a live patient, I will take the live patient.

If you had bad radio reception in that area, cell reception is probably just as bad. (Most repeaters in York are cohabilitating on the same towers as the cell repeaters.)

Although Verizon's service in York and the surrounding areas are poor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast