Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi All,

When I use Chatter my battery is dead by the end of the day. Does this have to do with the "always on" nature of the app?

Can I do anything to change this??

Thanks
    How many email accounts do you have? Do you use "push", or are your accounts offline? How often do you sync?

I have 5 or 6 accounts I need to check, and I find it's best to keep my accounts offline but sync at different intervals, like every 17 minutes for one account, every 13 minutes for another, etc. The less often you sync, the less you use the battery.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    where are the options to change my email from push to sync every 15 mins? thanks!
    When in mailbox view under one of your accounts, select menu-E (edit mailbox). Then go to the "Deliver" tab, and check the box marked "Offline". Then check the box marked "Qsync every..." and enter 15 mins.

There are some other power-saving options under the main Chatteremail Preferences (menu-P). Go to the "Performance" submenu. Check the "deeper sleep" box; under "latency" choose "More", under "Updates to Server" choose "Delayed", and under "Signal req'd for data" choose "Good Signal".
    A reminder also, these batteries love to be fed - when I am in the car, the Treo is being fed.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A reminder also, these batteries love to be fed - when I am in the car, the Treo is being fed.

Ben
    True...but at times constant feeding defeats the purpose of extending battery life. Most times I don't have a charger at hand while on the road and at work and having battery power that is sustainable for a long period until I get to a charger is a full benefit of purpose. If I knew I was always going to keep my Treo on the charger via in the car, work or at home, I could care less about battery life when my Treo's charger is like life support.
    at&t iPhone3G