Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Recently I just got my GSM Treo 650, where I must say it was a huge change since it is also my first Palm and getting used to it was quite tough work.

I'm a multimedia geek, and I use Pocket Tunes a lot as my main music player. I used VolumeCare to boost call and app volumes, and Lightwav for MP3 ringtones and SMS tones. Happy to say, so far so good.

The only problem which I dread is when a SMS comes in during my music. In VolumeCare settings, I amp the app volume higher to provide adequate volume to the speakerphone, but in turn it really hurts when earphones are plugged, since the volume goes a little too loud.

So during music time with my headsets, I reduce the volume in Pocket Tunes to bearable levels. Only problem is, Lightwav plays my SMS tone at full blast volume, which gives a shock most of the time!. You can get the idea from my title It even awoke me when I was about to doze off!

Anyway to prevent this problem, like maybe Lightwav could mute all ringtones and set to vibrate automatically, or at least play the ringtone through the speakerphone instead? If PocketTunes can pause its music when a call comes in, why can't it do the same for SMS tones? From my initial tests, it seems Lightwav uses its own player to play its assigned tones when a SMS comes in, which also relies on the app volume setting in Volumecare. So if I reduce that, I reduce the volume on the speakerphone too. Double edged sword

As a temporary measure, I change the player in Lightwav to Aeroplayer, which I don't have in my Treo 650, causing it to play nothing and only vibrate. But I'd prefer if it was all done automatically. It really sucks to be disturbed during my 'music sessions'.

Anyone with a solution?
    well I also use VolumeCare Pro, which is an extra $5 to download into Volume Care and it has a separate ringer and app volume adustment (if you did not buy VolumeCare Pro, you do not have individual app or ringer volume adjustment). It will show you each app on your treo which you can ADD to the volume adjustments and the ringer adjustment is a separate volume slider than the app volume slider; both of these are also separate volume sliders from all the speaker volumes, so you have quite a bit more control than just regular Volume Care. you can get the Pro download for $5 right here on this website: http://software.treocentral.com/product.asp?id=1055
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    That's not the problem. Even if I was able to reduce the volume of the ringer, I won't be able to hear it without the headset. I just want a method or anything that silences the tones automatically when PocketTunes starts without fidgeting any controls before I start my PocketTunes.