1.    #1  
    Sent from a Blackberry Device

I received an email from a Blackberry device and it had the above below the signature:

I think it would help Palm if we all adopted something similiar to the following:

John Doe
    1234 Any Street
    Any City, ST Zip
    name@carrier.com
    888-555-5555
    Sent By Palm Pilot Centro®

The reason for the "Palm Pilot" is that almost all of the people I meet know the name Palm Pilot. They do not know or remember Treo or Centro.

Should Palm also use the Palm Pilot wording in their ads?
    FastFrank
    As I recall, Palm can't use the Pilot name. Didn't they lose a trademark lawsuit many years ago? They haven't actually used the Pilot name since the mid 90s, I think.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'll add it as soon as Palm pays me to advertise for them.
    They haven't been called Palm Pilots in about ten years. If the people around you don't know what a Treo is, calling your phone a "Palm Pilot Centro" is not going to help them. Also, your contacts probably don't care what phone you are using to message them. With the same logic, you would be adding "This message was sent from a Dell/Mac/HP/etc." on your emails. It's akin to banner advertisements.
    I think you should mess with them and sign it "Sent from my iPhone"

Ok, back to biz. My signature says "Sent Wirelessly from my Treo".

I do this to let people know that I'm probably at not at my laptop and that they should not expect me to do anything that would requrie me to get to my laptop.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I think you should mess with them and sign it "Sent from my iPhone"

Ok, back to biz. My signature says "Sent Wirelessly from my Treo".

I do this to let people know that I'm probably at not at my laptop and that they should not expect me to do anything that would requrie me to get to my laptop.

Good Luck
    Same, what Turbo said. (And why the message may be a little shorter or possibly more curt than if I was in my office at my desktop.)
    Mine says "This message sent from my wireless device." People then know they are important enough for me to answer them on the go... :-)
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    My sig says "Sent via ChatterEmail on my Centro"

All the folks who know me know I had my Treo 600 with me everywhere (and now the Centro). This way they'd know not to critisize my spelling, or using short cuts (c u tomorrow) since I'm typing with thumbs, not on a regular keyboard.

I also have my Mundu set so when I start a conversation with anyone, it says "Typing on my Centro" for the same reason.

And I include the plug for ChatterEmail because I think it's a great program.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Messages (emails or sms) sent from my centro say -sent from Elsa's Pink Palm Centro...and that is because I want to showoff and let everyone know I have an awesome pink centro