1.    #1  
    Went to a Sprint Store and was telling the tech how much I dislike the Mogul. He offerred to trade his 700P for my Mogul. The main reason I switched from the Treo 650 to the Mogul was for the direct push email. He says he gets email without Sprint's Business Connection (which I hated). Is this true?. What do you think should I make the switch?
    I had a Mogul for a few weeks. Loved the operating system, couldn't get used to the Mogul. I do think that you can do much better if you sold your Mogul and bought a 755p or Centro. The 700p, to me anyway, because of the antenna, is like a brick compared to the 755 or Centro.

To answer your email question, yes, you can get your email without having Sprint's Business Connection.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    the term 'Direct Push' means many things to many people, and can often confuse folks.

In its truest form, that term Direct Push is really a Microsoft term, and it refers to having your corporate Exchange email directly pushed to your device, using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). While many people also think that only Windows Mobile devices can work with EAS, that's also not true - the newer versions of VersaMail work great with EAS (my 755p rocks, with Direct Push), and MSFT has licensed EAS to other manufacturers as well - Nokia for instance.

But - to the original poster, you may or may not be using your device for corporate email, and to be able to answer the question 'can I get Direct Push?' accurately, we'd really need more info.

But yes - you can certainly get email pushed directly to your device (in any number of ways) without using Business Connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanfujii View Post
    Went to a Sprint Store and was telling the tech how much I dislike the Mogul. He offerred to trade his 700P for my Mogul. The main reason I switched from the Treo 650 to the Mogul was for the direct push email. He says he gets email without Sprint's Business Connection (which I hated). Is this true?. What do you think should I make the switch?
    If you see another 700p, run as fast as you can. The 755p or the Centro are much better phones all together. The tech was just trying to dump his headache (700p) on you. Let him find another sucka! Not calling you one.... I'm just sayin'!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    If you see another 700p, run as fast as you can. The 755p or the Centro are much better phones all together. The tech was just trying to dump his headache (700p) on you. Let him find another sucka! Not calling you one.... I'm just sayin'!
    What are you talking about? The 755 IS the 700p with the update applied. I'll put my 700p up against anyone's 755/Centro any day. Mine is rock steady.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    What are you talking about? The 755 IS the 700p with the update applied. I'll put my 700p up against anyone's 755/Centro any day. Mine is rock steady.
    OK. Yours may be rock solid, but there were MANY that werent. Search the forums; there are plenty of 700p horror stories.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    And plenty of 755 horror stories... and Centro horror stories. That means nothing.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato