1.    #1  
    I have been using the Adata 8gb SDHC card on my 680 for a while now with no issues other than the incorrect size listing on the phone that does not bother me. I saw on newegg that they now have a 16Gb SDHC card for under $100.00. I would not mind being able to double my storage on my phone but before I order, I was wondering if anyone else has tried one. I thought 8G was great but 16G.....Ohh the music and movies I can store with that.
    I had a Patriot 8GB card which worked fine but kept dissapearing and I had to power cycle the phone to get it back. I now have a 4GB card which works fine. I haven't tried a 16GB card, but I wouldn't hold your hopes up.
    Transcend 16GB SDHC works fine in my treo 680
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    My 16GB A-data card is on its way to me from Newegg.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hey, how long do you have to wait for pTunes to gather your music each time you run it? I have a patriot 8 gigger in mine that has worked wonderfully. However, 9 out of every ten times I go to select my music in pTunes it re-searches the card to categorize my music. This now takes about 10-20 seconds (I'm only about 6GB full as opposed to my former 7.6). I can live with it, but sometimes am frustrated with the wait. Why can pTunes not remember my library when nothing ever changes and the card is never removed?

I'm afraid to get a 16 gig card b/c I don't have a minute to stare at the screen every time I load pTunes to listen to a song.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Hey, how long do you have to wait for pTunes to gather your music each time you run it?
    ~20 to 25 seconds

linc, does your card ever disappear from the phone and you have to restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by martythebrit View Post
    linc, does your card ever disappear from the phone and you have to restart?
    It has happened before with my Transcend 8gb SDHC but not with the 16gb SDHC.. yet.

The problem may be mechanical. If the spring contacts don't press firmly against the SD Card, the phone thinks you pulled it out. There are four contacts that have to make contact.

A thinner SD card may not press as firmly against the conductor fingers inside the phone. If the contacts are coated with finger oils or dust/grime, the connection will not be as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by linc View Post
    damn and I still only have 4 gig in mine.

now that i carry the ipod touch, i dont need that much space.

what the hell, might buy one anyway.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I got my 16GB A-data card from NewEgg. Seems to be working fine. It looks like the capacity gets recognized by my 680 in 4GB chunks.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I got my 16GB A-data card from NewEgg. Seems to be working fine. It looks like the capacity gets recognized by my 680 in 4GB chunks.
    I'm thinking about getting this same card. What do you mean by "chunks"? The card gets partitioned in 4gb size?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I bought the new Class 6 Transcend 16GB SD card which came with a USB card reader. Even standard notebooks which have an SD slot dont recognize it and only does via the USB reader. My Treo 680 shows only 3GB of space even after formatting it through the reader. I also upgraded to the latest firmware/ROM for unlocked GSM which was released yesterday at palm.com
    All that Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I'm thinking about getting this same card. What do you mean by "chunks"? The card gets partitioned in 4gb size?
    The Treo shows the amount of free space based on thinking there is only 4GB of total space available. Once you cross a 4GB boundary the free space counter resets. For example, when you have 5GB on the card it then says 3GB of free space is available. All 16GB are available at the same time.

The application CardReader shows the 16GB card when its mounted on my desktop PC.
  15.    #15  
    Thank you...Ordering 16GB Card now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontspamtheman View Post
    Thank you...Ordering 16GB Card now!
    Me too!!!
    Anyone wanna try the new 32GB card when you can find one???

Palm totally needs to get a fix with recognizing the additional space.
    m505>Treo 650> Unlocked Unbranded Arctic Treo 680
    Treo 680 Crimson for the wife
    Quote Originally Posted by linc View Post
    does your device identify the whole 16GB ?

if you press card info you can see 16Gb ?
    The treo can only "see" 4gb at a time but can access the "full" 16gb..

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I find it amazing we can pack our Treo's with 16GB cards these days, I see its down to $66 on newegg... thats crackers.

I still have a 2GB 50x SD card in mine, think I may stick with that until next month when it the 4GB SDHC goes down to under $10. I just purchased a 4GB SDHC A-DATA card for my new FUJI DSLR camera and love it. Then again, Im looking at a 4GB USB Flash drive, maybe 8GB SDHC card would be good.

How time has flown... and 16GB SDHC cards are a thing of the current... bring on the 32GB!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+