1.    #1  
    I doubt anyone knows a way around this, but just incase:

When using Sprint Mobile Email to download a zip file attachment in an email with either Handyzip or LightNZip installed, the phone soft resets right after trying to open the file. Anyone have any ideas on an app that works with this method?
    Have you sent an email to Danny at Toysoft on this? toysoft.ca is the web site. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I doubt anyone knows a way around this, but just incase:

When using Sprint Mobile Email to download a zip file attachment in an email with either Handyzip or LightNZip installed, the phone soft resets right after trying to open the file. Anyone have any ideas on an app that works with this method?

I had the same problem using Sprint Mobil email to open a PPS and a PDF file. The instant I clicked on the attachment, total reboot.

Even after I've deleted the program, now Versamail (which used to open attachements fine) also crashes when opening.

Only saving the attachement to the card then opening seperatly in Docs to Go works.

I'm going to try a hard reset and restore (I have a restore prior to the Sprint Mobile Email). I HOPE that works.
  4.    #4  
    Hard reset fixes it. I did a hard reset and installed the latest SME. No problems, so for now I just don't use a zip file utility.
  5.    #5  
    Another issue with SME. I have an email with a 2.90 mb attachment, I get the error message saying I can't download attachments with a file size larger than 5mb.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i read somewhere that versamail has(d) a known problem with docs causing a nervous breakdown - with a sprint address. i shifted to having my docs brought in on gmail to get around it.

haven't tried my sprint addy in a hundred years, don't know if it still does it.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah it's a Sprint Mobile Email global issue though, not related to your sprint address. Any zip attachments try to get auto-handled by your zip file application (LightNZip, etc) or as steve said also pdf's etc. SME doesn't seem to like that so it soft resets your phone.