Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20 View Post
    This is the kind of opinion I'm looking for! So you're saying wifi is unnecessary with EV DO? I've never used EV DO before, so I really don't know...
    I have a Sprint EVDO rev A card for my PC. It is fast enough for Slingbox.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I don't really understand why everyone hates Blazer so much. Pretty much all the other phone browsers I have tried haven't really been any better overall (or worse).
    Mostly we hate it because it is slow. Then we hate it because it locks up the phone. To know what a browser should look like, try Safari on the iPhone. I have both Blazer and Safari running on Edge; there is no comparison.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Well now, shoot. isn't that just a kick in the hiney.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Mostly we hate it because it is slow. Then we hate it because it locks up the phone. To know what a browser should look like, try Safari on the iPhone. I have both Blazer and Safari running on Edge; there is no comparison.
    I just think Blazer, at least on the 650 (not sure if it's any different on newer phones) is antiquated... Like you said, use an iPhone for 30 seconds, and you'll be amazed at how much better the browsing experience is. Granted, it's a bigger screen, but put that on a treo, even without the display adjust thing from landscape-portrait, and it would be infinitely better.

Note. In my limited experience with the windows mobile browser, it didn't seem to be much better...
    Yeah I had a worse experience with PIE, which is probably why I think blazer isn't that bad.

I had it happen many times on PIE where the browser would completely freeze the phone for about 1 minute finishing loading certain pages.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12