I see good deals of MicroSD cards going on sale at newegg.com

* Patriot 1GB MicroSD $8
    * Kingston 1GB MicroSD $9
    * A-DATA 2GB MicroSD $16
    * pqi 2GB MicroSD $17

MicroSD High Capacity (microSDHC)

* A-DATA 4GB MicroSDHC Class 6 $35
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211196

Can the Centro handle this 4GB microSDHC card? I've just ordered a new Centro so I just want to make sure that this card works with my phone. Thanks!
    Yeah, it does SDHC 6 gig class 6 cards too.

I stuck a micro Toshiba SDHC 4 gig class 4 card into my Centro (formatted it in about 6 seconds with the Centro) and it works without issues.

My 700p also reads this card with the adapter too.

Not all brands of cards work will work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by nutech View Post
    I see good deals of MicroSD cards going on sale at newegg.com

* Patriot 1GB MicroSD $8
    * Kingston 1GB MicroSD $9
    * A-DATA 2GB MicroSD $16
    * pqi 2GB MicroSD $17

MicroSD High Capacity (microSDHC)

* A-DATA 4GB MicroSDHC Class 6 $35
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211196

Can the Centro handle this 4GB microSDHC card? I've just ordered a new Centro so I just want to make sure that this card works with my phone. Thanks!
    Yes, in fact, I just got a Sandisk 8gig microSD and it works fine. Card Info only sees 4gigs but CardExport can see all 8 gigs.
    SDHC should work right out of the box (no need to format). The Centro is designed to read up to the first 4GB, as the previous poster stated, anything more then that is not "seen." However, you can still use it.
    I tried a kingston 4gig card and card access slowed to a crawl. 12 seconds to save a pic and any data (including back ups) that lived on the card was like mud to access.

Maybe I had a bad card, but kingston tech support said it was "to be expected."

Good luck
    I purchased the exact 4 GB card you mentioned (4 GB A-Data Class 6), also from Newegg. I'm running it in my Centro now. Works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave View Post
    Yes, in fact, I just got a Sandisk 8gig microSD and it works fine. Card Info only sees 4gigs but CardExport can see all 8 gigs.

Can you please let me know where you got it from???
    Can someone clarify for me the difference between classes
    e.g. what is a class 6???
    and what is the best class to get???
    > Can someone clarify for me the difference between classes

The higher the class the faster the SDHC card. Supposedly. Get the highest class one you can find, but at least 4. The speed will be most noticeable on writes, as even a low-class card should read fast enough to play music and such. If it won't, return it as defective and/or useless.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    Can you please let me know where you got it from???
    Here you go:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=158255
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    SDHC should work right out of the box (no need to format). The Centro is designed to read up to the first 4GB, as the previous poster stated, anything more then that is not "seen." However, you can still use it.
    I'm not clear on what you mean by it's not seen, but you can still use it. If I put a lot of data on it, will the Centro not see past a certain amount of data? If so, how can you use it?

Thanks for any clarifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave View Post
    I agree. The 8GB works fine. The only problem I've run into is loading videos with TCPMP once the card has more than 4 gigs. CardReader treats it as an 8GB volumes, however, and pTunes works fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    I'm not clear on what you mean by it's not seen, but you can still use it. If I put a lot of data on it, will the Centro not see past a certain amount of data? If so, how can you use it?

Thanks for any clarifications.
    What I mean is that your Centro's ROMware, such as Card Info, will always say that the max you have on your card is 4GB, no matter if you exceed it or not. For the most part you shouldn't have any problem using the extra space except for those apps that were designed only to read up to 4GB on the card. They are starting to roll out some 16gb cards and some recommend something akin to partitioning of the card to ensure it continues to run fast. As was stated in the previous post, you can still stores MP3s and videos and apps like Kinoma and Ptunes will continue to see the data files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I agree. The 8GB works fine. The only problem I've run into is loading videos with TCPMP once the card has more than 4 gigs.
    Could you elaborate on that TCPMP problem? Does it have trouble reading the files?