1.    #1  
    I have recently had to hard-reset my Treo, and thought it would be easy to restore using BackupBuddy VFS. No such luck -it sent my 680 into an endless loop! So - after painstakingly restoring as much as possible from my hot synch operation, I now try to back-up on to an SD card - and the backup freezes about halfway through. Following BlueNomad's instructions, I did a "warm" reset, and was able to continue to back up. But this has now happened a couple of times. Is it the program, or something else? Should I be using a different backup program to avoid this problem?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Go for NVBackup. It's never let me down.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply. Does it back up everything? And is there restore file by file, if necessary?
    RescoBackup has never let me down either. Its been so reliable that a hard reset is not even an issue anymore.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I like BackupMan. You should try to find out if you have a corrupted file somewhere. What caused you to have to hard reset in the first place? If you restore from a backup with a backup program and you have a corrupted file somewhere, you're just putting the file back on the Treo.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Christiniac, but I stupidly "wiped" the Treo with Msafe, which I did not intend to do. So I've painstakingly put files back individually, so I don't think anything is corrupted.
    I use BackupMan as well and it does allow you to restore by file as well as the entire device.

It does not retore the JAVA stuff so you'll have to hotsync from a backup file on your desktop for that file.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by dustoff View Post
    Go for NVBackup. It's never let me down.
    Yes, it backs up and restores everything. I've used it through three 755's and used it twice on my wife's Centro, once on my Centro, all with no problems. By the way, reasons for these restores are new phones, or purposely hard resetting the phone to try and do something. NVBackup is fantastic.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I like BackupMan. You should try to find out if you have a corrupted file somewhere. What caused you to have to hard reset in the first place? If you restore from a backup with a backup program and you have a corrupted file somewhere, you're just putting the file back on the Treo.
    Not if you can diagnose when the problem occured and restore from an earlier backup. I like to restore as close to date as possible so I am as up to date as I can be...I don't use a backup from 3 weeks ago etc.. I backup a scheduled 3 times a day and I don't worry about small up to date loss of data...e.g. call log listing or anything else others might not like. Funny we talk about backups...I had issues with Chatter today and couldn't diagnose the problem so I restored from a backup at midnight last night that I thought was before my issue and all is well with Chatter now, and the only thing I needed to update was a contact I added this morning...I am a soft to hard resstting fool when all else fails...lol.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Not if you can diagnose when the problem occured and restore from an earlier backup. I like to restore as close to date as possible so I am as up to date as I can be...I don't use a backup from 3 weeks ago etc.. I backup a scheduled 3 times a day and I don't worry about small up to date loss of data...e.g. call log listing or anything else others might not like. Funny we talk about backups...I had issues with Chatter today and couldn't diagnose the problem so I restored from a backup at midnight last night that I thought was before my issue and all is well with Chatter now, and the only thing I needed to update was a contact I added this morning...I am a soft to hard resstting fool when all else fails...lol.
    I've never been scared of hard resets because BackupMan is so reliable. I usually just backup the one 680 and then use the "Restore Individual Files" option to update the calendar and contacts in my 650 and other 680. Other than those two apps, I rarely have to change anything else.

P.S. I use to watch Pinks, but I'd get so upset when the car I liked lost. I couldn't take the thought of those poor people losing their little dream projects, so I had to stop watching it
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I've never been scared of hard resets because BackupMan is so reliable. I usually just backup the one 680 and then use the "Restore Individual Files" option to update the calendar and contacts in my 650 and other 680. Other than those two apps, I rarely have to change anything else.

P.S. I use to watch Pinks, but I'd get so upset when the car I liked lost. I couldn't take the thought of those poor people losing their little dream projects, so I had to stop watching it
    They got their fifteen of fame while losing their dream projects??? I feel the same way you do about the losses Christina but I love the drama...its a man's soap.
    at&t iPhone3G
    The looks of heartbreak on their faces is too much to handle... It's exciting until someone loses
  13.    #13  
    Well, this is not good. After getting all my stuff back on the 680, I loaded NV Backup and backed up several times. All went well. However, when I went to delete one or more of the earlier backup sets, both times I got a message that the backup sets were corrupted, and not to use them! So I am at a loss as to what to do. Should I just chuck NV Backup and get Resco? I have to have a reliable backup set or sets!
  14.    #14  
    It is also troubling that there is no way to contact the developer. Alex Pruss Software has no contact information! NONE!
  15.    #15  
    Never mind - I'm a complete *****! I was trying to delete older backups - but not from the SD card! So, of course I was getting a bad message! I am able to delete earlier backups from the SD card!