1.    #1  
    I am getting the following on my 755p.

IT Policy Update

Your IT administrator has updated the password policy that applies to your phone. Press OK to go to the Security Application now. You won't be able to sync with Exchange until you. change your password.

Ok Cancel

If I hit cancel, as soon as I try to sync I get the same message again.

If I hit ok get sent to the security tab or security app on the palm and see this

IT Policy Update

Your Administrator requires a password with at least 70 characters.

ok

If I hit ok, it's looking for me to type in a 70 character password?

Ok.

Palm 755p.
    I have loaded Fprot and scanned and found nothing.

The server I am syncing to is a Windows 2003 sbs server with exchange 2003.

I am the administrator and I loaded or changed nothing on the server to cause this.

Was working till 2:00pm today then stopped that this came up.

The server didn't go down or get updated or anything today.

Does anybody know how this happen and or how to fix this?

P.S.

In case anyone was wondering: The max field size in the security password field is 30. Not 70.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cyberzero; 01/11/2008 at 01:04 AM.
    Looks like this happened to someone else, but I see no resolution: Password Requirements Changed Mysteriously
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    My password requirements mysterious change once a month. I haven't narrowed down the problem yet. The only way I found to fix this is a hard reset and restoring from a backup before the change. Because of this I do a daily backup and a weekly with Resco Backup. This way when I need to do a restore, it's not too old.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    wow 70 characters? That seems a bit extreme to me. And for one those two places for passwords have nothing to do with each other. Your exchange password is located in the setup of an email account in versamail not the security app in the phone. I would talk to who ever runs your exchange server and see why its saying that. I have no idea why it would say that. I run my own 2003 EAS server and have never run accross that.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I believe EAS implemented device security into palm for IT Admins which link VM and Security. In my first experience my treo asked for a PW 222 characters long. I use a hosted exchange through Mailstreet and actually use their Active Sync but set up my EX server address to the same one my PC uses. It has worked fine until this first issue back in October. I'm afraid if I call and asked them questions, it will most likely confuse them as it did when I originally tried to setup IMAP.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry