Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I posted a thread in regards to possibly switching from the Centro to a 755p. I decided to go through with it and switch my phone to a 755p because of the bigger keyboard and better battery life. The price tag on the 755p was stopping me at first but it looks like on ebay they are almost the same price.

My question is. Will I still be able to get my Sprint rebate from my Centro that I submitted or will they cancel it if I got and activated a different phone...?

Thanks!
    I would ask eCare. I THOUGHT it was based on line of service, not hardware. But I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ok I called customer service and confirmed that I can activate the other phone but then when I asked if I can sell my current phone and still get my rebate she said I cannot sell it (period) because the phone is owned by sprint. Is that true??? I had no idea, I thought I paid for the phone and a contract and me selling my phone was up to me.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    ok I called customer service and confirmed that I can activate the other phone but then when I asked if I can sell my current phone and still get my rebate she said I cannot sell it (period) because the phone is owned by sprint. Is that true??? I had no idea, I thought I paid for the phone and a contract and me selling my phone was up to me.
    They are idiots...the phone belongs to you since you purchased it, otherwise you would be renting it. Anyways, I wouldn't even call, don't even alert them to the fact you are selling and inquiring about the rebate. FWIW, I mailed in my $100 755p rebate and got a check for $330. Obviously someone in accounting messed up! I have heard of that type thing happening a lot though.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    cool thanks for the info. About the 330 rebate you got, do you think they will penalize you if they ever find out that you got more than what you are suppose to get? I am asking because my rebate (which is suppose to be 100 dollars) is showing to be alittle more than that (says it's already approved)
    I had a rebate that was supposed to be $100 for my Mogul and they sent $200 instead. I didn't get penalized.

I think they do this all the time, I'm just not really sure how they are calculating the rebate values.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    nice! you were very lucky! thanks for the info on your experience!