Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Has there been any news about timing of a T-Mobile Centro?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Timmy B I just hope you get one. The wait will be worth it. I have been a T680 user for a while and LOVE it.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I have the 680, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the Centro...what is wrong with me????
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Timmy B I just hope you get one. The wait will be worth it. I have been a T680 user for a while and LOVE it.
    Thanks, Shucks! The 680 is where I was heading, until I found out about the Centro GSM coming out!

tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I have the 680, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the Centro...what is wrong with me????
    Absolutely nothing! Only when you own something and use it every day do you find out for sure if it meets all of your needs. It's obvious you are part of a LARGE group of Treo users who love the concept of this line, but aren't thrilled with the execution. (i.e., lots of resets, poor quality camera, volume issues, etc.) I'm sure that when we finally get our hands on one, there will be something that we wished they had done better, or differently, but we will love it anyway!

tim
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My contract ends in May. If I can get a deal I will get a Centro. NO DOUBT!! It is all about the form factor for me. Thats why I got rid of my 650. Actually I still have it. Feb 18th won't be too long. This totally reminds me of the 680 launch. I have caught the wave..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Err...you actually mean metaphorically be high, since "literally be high" would be the designer like standing on a chair or something.
    Uh I meant high like huffing gasoline, and tripping into the 11th dimension high.(pot to be specific though)

It reminds me of those commercials where someone is drowning in their house, and the narrator tells us that it happens because the brain is starved of oxygen.

I can honestly not imagine someone thinking that it would look "cool" , trendy, or whatever adjective they want to throw at it , and not be stoned, or tripping on acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    The PM I received from SmartNewbie said that he saw it in white AND black; the green number pad stood out on the white, but he didn't recall anything like that on the black, so my guess is the black is a little more sedate.

tim
    I just want a black one or at least something dark like charcoal or blue.
    Absolutely nothing! Only when you own something and use it every day do you find out for sure if it meets all of your needs. It's obvious you are part of a LARGE group of Treo users who love the concept of this line, but aren't thrilled with the execution. (i.e., lots of resets, poor quality camera, volume issues, etc.) I'm sure that when we finally get our hands on one, there will be something that we wished they had done better, or differently, but we will love it anyway!

tim
    LOL! I still use my 650 and two 680s and they're completely stable after custom ROMs (no resets or any other issues). I think Treo owners are just gadget freaks and when a new one comes out they HAVE to have it
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL! I still use my 650 and two 680s and they're completely stable after custom ROMs (no resets or any other issues). I think Treo owners are just gadget freaks and when a new one comes out they HAVE to have it
    So, this is what I have to look forward to, eh?

tim

tim
    This will be my first treo, and yes it is more of a concession rather than a want.

I like that it is not a lead brick, but I was hoping to get a larger screen.
    I did a comparison test with memo pad, and the font has to be double the size on the centro, just to equal the normal font size on my zire 72. But since the morons at palm were taking a rip van winkle, while the Iphone was being developed, (which is not that far removed from their own widescreen palms)
    I am forced by the age of my own device to "sidegrade" to a centro.
    I like having a camera, and I assure you the camera in any treo is better than the one in my zire. I also want a voice recorder, so while I would love a t/x for the screen, it unfortunately lacks the two features most important to me in a hand device, so I have to get this thing, and hope I can get used to the micro screen. (or else I may have to buy a t/x when they go on sale again)

I wasnt really wanting to go the phone route, but my zire is a hand me down from my mom and it was a refurb when she got it, so I end up charging it all the time, and it has never worked quite right, compared to my other palms.
    but for 99 bucks and the ability to use all my palm aps, it will hopefully do until palm wakes from its long slumber and makes its own version of the iphone something it could have done if only someone was awake at the wheel.
    oh well.
    "I think Treo owners are just gadget freaks and when a new one comes out they HAVE to have it"

I think you got us confused with the iPhone folks. Did you see the line people waiting for it when it came out. The iPhone was voted best invention in 2007 because, and I quote "it's pretty". WOW. Think about that one. The iPhone is garbage, no one involved in real business wants one. I see iPhones all around my job site, and the owners are usually middle age individuals who spend 60% of the time at their local starbucks discussing with their Latte friends about the latest TV gossip.

I am a teacher and also dab into media production, I have to say that Treo is an awsome PDA. Emails, Video's, calendar, on and on. There is no way I would take stab at a berry or iPhone.
    Please don't get a Centro. I don't want to have to sit on these forums and hear you b*tch about everything your Centro isn't and why it's not an iphone day in and day out. Did I miss where apple put the hard keyed qwerty keyboard? I guess so. Maybe I was taking a nap with ole Rip Van at the time and missed that part. Just the thought of a fanboy on this site forced to use a Treo makes me ill. And I've got nothing against Apple or the iphone. But the post below just made me vurp.

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    This will be my first treo, and yes it is more of a concession rather than a want.

I like that it is not a lead brick, but I was hoping to get a larger screen.
    I did a comparison test with memo pad, and the font has to be double the size on the centro, just to equal the normal font size on my zire 72. But since the morons at palm were taking a rip van winkle, while the Iphone was being developed, (which is not that far removed from their own widescreen palms)
    I am forced by the age of my own device to "sidegrade" to a centro.
    I like having a camera, and I assure you the camera in any treo is better than the one in my zire. I also want a voice recorder, so while I would love a t/x for the screen, it unfortunately lacks the two features most important to me in a hand device, so I have to get this thing, and hope I can get used to the micro screen. (or else I may have to buy a t/x when they go on sale again)

I wasnt really wanting to go the phone route, but my zire is a hand me down from my mom and it was a refurb when she got it, so I end up charging it all the time, and it has never worked quite right, compared to my other palms.
    but for 99 bucks and the ability to use all my palm aps, it will hopefully do until palm wakes from its long slumber and makes its own version of the iphone something it could have done if only someone was awake at the wheel.
    oh well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Please don't get a Centro. I don't want to have to sit on these forums and hear you b*tch about everything your Centro isn't and why it's not an iphone day in and day out.
    I don't want it to be an iphone, I was saying that palm had the design and capabilities of making an iphone (without the user interface) long before apple did (and yes I have heard of the newton, though only on boards such as these)

Did I miss where apple put the hard keyed qwerty keyboard? I guess so. Maybe I was taking a nap with ole Rip Van at the time and missed that part.
    I tink you missed more than that as it was not my point

Just the thought of a fanboy on this site forced to use a Treo makes me ill. And I've got nothing against Apple or the iphone. But the post below just made me vurp.
    then instead of gulping something down slow down a bit, and take a better look, I fully realize that this device is my only alternative that contains the features I use in a PDA, or else I would Just get an iphone, but I am not really interested in having an internet based pda, If I am going to surf the net I want to use a real computer. But no I have seen the reports and know that development is dead until 2009, if anyone even believes that, I guess I was hoping that someone that mattered might be reading the forums, but it was pretty naive to make such an assumption.
    I don't want it to be an iphone, I was saying that palm had the design and capabilities of making an iphone (without the user interface) long before apple did (and yes I have heard of the newton, though only on boards such as these)
    That would have been Lifedrive 2. it was the first 480x320 screen that i knew. touchscreen. wifi. increased storage (4gb HD + expansion slot), landscape mode, ease of use of the Palm OS.... it had iPhone written all over it, if they made another one with a cell radio.
    I just don't see virtual keyboards as a useful thing on a cell phone that is email/message oriented. You need tactile feel to be an efficient typer. And the POS has just run it's course. With all the directions Palm was going in, they couldn't make one thing properly so hence the huge wait for the next big thing. At least they seem to be righting the ship and back on a positive course. It just remains to be seen if the Linux version is going to be cutting edge or if it's going to be another "this is what they should've had 2yrs ago".

That being said, it amazes me the transition of the market to bigger screens and such. Back when Kyocera made their flip everyone wanted smaller. Then Samsung had the i500 and it was the perfect size, but the feature set was limited. People drooled over the i550 which went by the way side and the treo form had zero competition for a POS device. Now small is not in, and people want giant screens and don't care about carrying flat bricks it seems. Yeah, it's great for the visual and surfing, but I think they could make a kick *ss flip the width of the centro with the same size keyboard and screen but half as thick and with a hinge. I'd take that any day over the treo/blackjack/Q style phone. You keep the thumboard and flip form factor people happy. A folding linux Treo with thumboard I think would be somewhat revolutionary itself as that form factor with a qwerty board has never been done.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    That would have been Lifedrive 2. it was the first 480x320 screen that i knew. touchscreen. wifi. increased storage (4gb HD + expansion slot), landscape mode, ease of use of the Palm OS.... it had iPhone written all over it, if they made another one with a cell radio.
    well technically it was the t3, it was palms 1st widescreen then t/5lifedrive though i cant recall their release order.

I basically want(ed) a widescreen zire72 (camera/voice recorder) the rest would be icing.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I just don't see virtual keyboards as a useful thing on a cell phone that is email/message oriented. You need tactile feel to be an efficient typer. And the POS has just run it's course. With all the directions Palm was going in, they couldn't make one thing properly so hence the huge wait for the next big thing. At least they seem to be righting the ship and back on a positive course. It just remains to be seen if the Linux version is going to be cutting edge or if it's going to be another "this is what they should've had 2yrs ago".
    agreed, Palm in its current state is no longer a business handheld maker, unless one chooses to call its WM phones that.

That being said, it amazes me the transition of the market to bigger screens and such. Back when Kyocera made their flip everyone wanted smaller. Then Samsung had the i500 and it was the perfect size, but the feature set was limited. People drooled over the i550 which went by the way side and the treo form had zero competition for a POS device. Now small is not in, and people want giant screens and don't care about carrying flat bricks it seems. Yeah, it's great for the visual and surfing, but I think they could make a kick *ss flip the width of the centro with the same size keyboard and screen but half as thick and with a hinge. I'd take that any day over the treo/blackjack/Q style phone. You keep the thumboard and flip form factor people happy. A folding linux Treo with thumboard I think would be somewhat revolutionary itself as that form factor with a qwerty board has never been done.
    so a palm razor basically ? They are close in size now.
    agreed, Palm in its current state is no longer a business handheld maker, unless one chooses to call its WM phones that.

What else is WM/Exchange for except enterprise? A very strong argument can be made that the a WM Treo is much more business orientated and geared than any Palm OS device current or in the past. It's not a choice to call their WM Treos that--since by the design of the OS, that's who it is for.

And that's Palm's plan as outlined by them: WM for world/Enterprise; Palm & Nova for consumers and small business.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

What else is WM/Exchange for except enterprise? A very strong argument can be made that the a WM Treo is much more business orientated and geared than any Palm OS device current or in the past. It's not a choice to call their WM Treos that--since by the design of the OS, that's who it is for.

And that's Palm's plan as outlined by them: WM for world/Enterprise; Palm & Nova for consumers and small business.
    what Iam saying is that a 240 x 240 PPC is a step backward in hardware, that what doesnt make sense to me, how can the hardware on the "enterprise" line be inferior to the common Joe? Yes the os is more versatile, but it is like most of their decisions over the past few years backwards thinking, I keep wondering if the execs who steered the ship to its current destination ,are living it up in the Bahamas after they skipped the country with whatever money they could skim from the company.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345