Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sooooooo, back to the original question, when will the AT&T Centro arrive?
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Sooooooo, back to the original question, when will the AT&T Centro arrive?
    -- Josh
    ...SmartNewbie said on the 18th of Feb.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...49#post1402249

He seems to have some "inside" info.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    after the spring festival of china, gsm version centro will launched in Hongkong, this info came from palm's local retailer at hongkong.

I think at&t version is also available at same time.

btw: in Taobao.com (lagest ebay-like online bidding site in china), some one is selling at&t version centro(no FCC label, came from OEM factory,just like previous one I've posted), 1999 Chinese Yuan(1 USD:1CNY= 1 : 7.5).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...1&d=1201791300

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708834.jpg

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708825.jpg

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708833.jpg

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708824.jpg

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708831.jpg

http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/.../000708826.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Wow... Good news. How reliable is the source?

I am now in Hong Kong. Today I just went to a shop to ask for the Treo 680 as I think the GSM Centro will only be available few months after the US launch. I will be in HK again in mid-Feb.
    not feeling the green numpad though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I agree...
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I mean, c'mon, it's a white phone. You gotta do something to make it stand out a little bit!

tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad2000 View Post
    after the spring festival of china, gsm version centro will launched in Hongkong, this info came from palm's local retailer at hongkong.
    But, you didn't say when the spring festival is in China.

tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    But, you didn't say when the spring festival is in China.

tim
    Starts at Chinese New Year, I believe.
    I kinda dig the green--adds a little sumpin' sumpin'.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Starts at Chinese New Year, I believe.
    You are right about that. The festival coincides with the new year and is on Feb 7. The new year itself runs for 15 days!

Hopefully, they will introduce it after the festival, not after the entire celebration!

tim

On another subject, it's -5 C outside, we're getting another half-foot of snow tonight, and I'd much rather be where you are, mate!!!
    Looks pretty cool to me. Being colorblind, doesn't take much to make things interesting colorwise here.

By the way, how many DOZEN replies have there been in the thread when some guy put Simpson's TV show "skin" on his Centro? Shows that taste and decoration preferences have enough variety that anything goes!

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Even though I'm a CDMA diehard (Verizon is the only carrier that gets good coverage here where I live), I'd be quite tempted to pick the GSM Centro over a CDMA one, even despite its lack of true 3G.

The GSM Centro might have in its favor:
    -Better battery life (due to Edge)
    -Possibly slightly newer apps/ROM due to launching 4 months later than the Sprint version
    -Voice dialing standard in ROM (according to one early hands-on report)
    -The GSM-only phone app from the 680. I LOVE that thing with its new icons and larger onscreen buttons. Someone at Palm should be flogged repeatedly for not insisting it be ported to the CDMA Treos/Centro!!
    -Improved keyboard (according to some rumors). I actually LIKE the green keys in the shots above. It definitely makes it easier to dial the tiny keyboard buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I mean, c'mon, it's a white phone. You gotta do something to make it stand out a little bit!

tim
    It looks like the designer was using something else green when they designed that into the phone.

because one would have to quite literally be high to think it would ever look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Looks pretty cool to me. Being colorblind, doesn't take much to make things interesting colorwise here.

By the way, how many DOZEN replies have there been in the thread when some guy put Simpson's TV show "skin" on his Centro? Shows that taste and decoration preferences have enough variety that anything goes!

-- Josh
    speaking of color, and decoration, someone please ,please tell me that At&t will have another color apart from white, when this thing debuts, as I don't want to
    have to resort to a simpsons skin, just to cover up palm I-(fill in the blank), envy.
    it even makes the red phone look more appealing.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    speaking of color, and decoration, someone please ,please tell me that At&t will have another color apart from white, when this thing debuts, as I don't want to
    have to resort to a simpsons skin, just to cover up palm I-(fill in the blank), envy.
    it even makes the red phone look more appealing.
    The PM I received from SmartNewbie said that he saw it in white AND black; the green number pad stood out on the white, but he didn't recall anything like that on the black, so my guess is the black is a little more sedate.

tim
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    because one would have to quite literally be high to think it would ever look good.
    Err...you actually mean metaphorically be high, since "literally be high" would be the designer like standing on a chair or something.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Err...you actually mean metaphorically be high, since "literally be high" would be the designer like standing on a chair or something.
    maybe he meant if you were so far up that you couldn't see the buttons, then you wouldn't mind the color.(?)
    Ugh...it's like waiting for the 650 and 680 to be released. No answers, only rumors...
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Ugh...it's like waiting for the 650 and 680 to be released. No answers, only rumors...
    I understand that frustration. I'm dying to see it for real, also. However, I have faith that it will be on the 18th of this month, based upon the info that SmartNewbie shared. I mean, he knew about those green buttons WAY before any photos of them were circulating around the web. Let's just hope that when it does arrive, we aren't disappointed!

tim
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast