Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I laughed at "the four heavenly kings", which I think means "the buttons".
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Awesome looking pictures. The AT&T letters and logo make me optimistic that the GSM Centro is nearly upon us.

However, look how some of the pictures are photographed with the Palm Foleo in the background. Now that does not inspire confidence!
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Awesome looking pictures. The AT&T letters and logo make me optimistic that the GSM Centro is nearly upon us.

However, look how some of the pictures are photographed with the Palm Foleo in the background. Now that does not inspire confidence!
    -- Josh
    I guess I'm a little out of the loop on this one. What was this product, or probably, what was it supposed to be?
    First this forum picks up the Foleo... then the GSM Centros ahead of all of us... i am beginning to wonder if Palm makes their devices in this area before we in the US get it... a place where the devices are tested out perhaps?
    Customer Care has a way of pushing my Heavenly Kings!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I guess I'm a little out of the loop on this one. What was this product, or probably, what was it supposed to be?
    Wow. Yeah, you're a little out of the loop... But be thankful - some of us ended up getting some serious gadget lust for something that was canceled mere WEEKS before it was to go on the market. A sub-notebook that kept in constant sync with your Treo, and was instant on with Wi-Fi. Sorta like a bluetooth keyboard & screen, but that could be used as an internet tablet exclusive of the phone...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Wow. Yeah, you're a little out of the loop... But be thankful - some of us ended up getting some serious gadget lust for something that was canceled mere WEEKS before it was to go on the market. A sub-notebook that kept in constant sync with your Treo, and was instant on with Wi-Fi. Sorta like a bluetooth keyboard & screen, but that could be used as an internet tablet exclusive of the phone...
    But, since I am not YET a Treo owner, I wouldn't have known. I guess you are right about being thankful. I probably would have wanted one too!
    Just fyi....after going through all those chinese vendor sites looking for accessories, a majority of the pics are taken with that off white Centro, so it's definitely around. I looked up about 3-4 different mfg's all using that Centro in their pics. So if that is a GSM phone, it'd definitely out and about to the OEM mfg crowd.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post

So the Centro GSM/AT&T version is out somewhere else on the planet. Say I could read Chinese, could I go shop for this in another country, purchase it, ship it here to me in Cincinnati, pop my AT&T sim card in it, and use it?

I'm not that impatient, but almost. Just curious.
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    So the Centro GSM/AT&T version is out somewhere else on the planet. Say I could read Chinese, could I go shop for this in another country, purchase it, ship it here to me in Cincinnati, pop my AT&T sim card in it, and use it?

I'm not that impatient, but almost. Just curious.
    -- Josh
    You will be the most popular guy in this forum if you can pull that off!
  11.    #51  
    Unfortunately, it's all shots of phones provided to developers and beta testers... I only wish...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    So back to the original question, anyone have good info on when the GSM/AT&T Centro becomes available?
    -- Josh
    better than if you only saw pics with black and red centros.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's all shots of phones provided to developers and beta testers... I only wish...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I found one... right next to a CDMA iPhone. ;(
    So back to the original question, anyone have good info on when the GSM/AT&T Centro becomes available?
    -- Josh
    Definitely very soon! Not sure which parts of the worlds though?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    You need to click on this link and read it; it will make your day!
    I dunno.... "不过要是palm的软件再没..." it's all greek to me.

Mals
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    <Merged>
    Been discussed, see above postings.
    this image was new for me:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1516-1.htm

Definitely coming back to T-Mo!
    It amazes me when people still drool over photochops, same pic as the atnt. At least put it on a different table or something so its not as obvious.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast