1.    #1  
    I was looking into Changing my Power Vision plan, For a SERO.
    I just have a question before I go through with it.

Now from my previous experience with a treo 650, I know that if you are using your data weather it be on the internet, AIM, or writing an e-mail; when an in coming call would come in, it would go to voice mail.
    From my understanding, the reason that this doesn't happen with my 755 is because it runs on the ev-do network, not because it's a 755.

Now my question in regards to a SERO plan.
    If I transfer to the sero plan, will I still be able to use ev-do, so when I'm using my data and a call comes in, it will inturupt what i'm doing online and let the call come in instead of going to my voice mail?

Also with the SERO plan is the internet as fast as my power vision?
    I have the 755p on the SERO plan.

Calls interrupt what I'm doing. Freeware PhoneSwitch puts me back where I left off. The internet connection is fast.

Are you out of your Sprint contract? You won't be able to port your number from within Sprint.
  3. tip
    I think EV-DO depends on location (tower strength... blah blah blah). I think I only average about 128k with my Treo 755p and Sprint SERO. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  4.    #4  
    because the reason I went all out on the power vision package, was because of sprint TV.
    I don't really use sprint tv.
    and I know I'm paying 35$ extra a month.
    I started to look into a slingbox & slingplayer.
    wich would make more sense, because, I would be able to watch more chanels (when I want ) and not pay monthly fees.
    I mean what am I really missing with the power vision plan? unlimited texts?
    because from my understanding, and corect me if I'm wrong; with a sero plan I could do the same thing I'm doing with the power vision, minus the sprint tv.

can some one explain to me some of the benefits of the power visoion plan over a sero?
    if I have a sero plan will those two blue triangle over the signal strength still be there? Or are the green arrow pointing left and right there?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    SERO includes EVERYTHING for $30/month w/ 500 minutes, $50 w/ 1250 minutes, etc. IMO there is really no reason not to be on the SERO plan. Plus, w/ my corporate discount I am down to $27/month and still have a balance of -$59 from perks, etc. Only in my 3rd month and haven't had to pay a thing yet, other than the 755p, but Sprint paid me $80 to get that phone.
    SERO includes power vision (aka EVDO). They're not mutually exclusive - you get the exact same service with it as you'd get with your existing plan (although you'd have to add TV extra if you decided you wanted it again), just way cheaper. SERO is however only intended to be a service for new lines of service. It's not easy to get an existing sprint plan changed to SERO, especially if you're not out of contract.

Don't let that stop you from trying, as some people have had success, and it's certainly worth it if they'll let you. Just don't hold your breath.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    SERO includes power vision (aka EVDO). They're not mutually exclusive - you get the exact same service with it as you'd get with your existing plan (although you'd have to add TV extra if you decided you wanted it again), just way cheaper. SERO is however only intended to be a service for new lines of service. It's not easy to get an existing sprint plan changed to SERO, especially if you're not out of contract.

Don't let that stop you from trying, as some people have had success, and it's certainly worth it if they'll let you. Just don't hold your breath.

really?
    wow, I missed out.
    I got my phone in oct.
    can you please tell me how can I go about switching?
    does it help if you know a few people that work @ a sprint store.
    I really wanna change to sero. I feel like I'm paying 100.$ /month for no reason.
    They really cracked down on people switching to Sero now.

It used to be easier, but now I and many many others have had no luck switching.

What you can do is figure out how much you save per month on Sero. Then figure out if it will pay itself off to pay the early termination fee and sign up for Sero through the website.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all your responses.
    Its true what they say about the SERO plan. I tried for two months and then I called retentions and asked about the pro rated early termination fee. As soon as i mentioned that they gave me a plan that was identical to the SERO plan.
    TREO 700P
    You CAN switch to SERO if you are in contract. It takes about 6 emails to ecare. Log into Sprint website, goto the email customer service. Send an email stating that you have been a loyal sprint customer and want to know why there is no comperable plan to SERO. They will tell you NO over and over again. Keep responding. Eventually they will switch you over with no termination fee, and keep your old number.
    It's YMMV so it's not really that simple.

Not to mention they can note your account. Some people try for months and months to do the same thing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm possibly upgrading from a 650 to a 755p, and I wanted to clarify about the original question here: if I am doing something using a data connection and a call comes in, the phone will ring instead of going to voicemail?

If that is correct, is the data connection completely separate from a voice connection (e.g., be able to look something up on Googlemaps while on a call) or is the data connection activity just paused while you're on a voice call? I appreciate the response, as the straight-to-voice-mail when on a data call limitation of the 650 is a constant source of mild annoyance.
    On the 755p, if you get a phone call while doing something on the data connection, it does not go straight to voicemail
    Quote Originally Posted by Brerlapn View Post
    is the data connection completely separate from a voice connection (e.g., be able to look something up on Googlemaps while on a call) or is the data connection activity just paused while you're on a voice call? I appreciate the response, as the straight-to-voice-mail when on a data call limitation of the 650 is a constant source of mild annoyance.
    You will not be able to use the internet while you're on a call. Man, that would be great, wouldn't it?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You will not be able to use the internet while you're on a call. Man, that would be great, wouldn't it?

Yeah that would be an awsome feature.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Sweet! Thanks for the response. I'd use more of my data features if I didn't have to worry about it kicking incoming calls straight to voicemail.

And yeah, using internet while talking on the phone would be an awesome feature. I'm kind of surprised they don't already do that. These phones and signals are all digital and just ones and zeros now, but maybe the processor capacity required to sort out the voice bits from the data bits is still too intensive for current phones.

I also wanted to note for anyone who's going to get the SERO plan (either new or switched), when I signed up for SERO two years ago there was a provision in the contract that if you made a payment late in the first 6 months you would owe a ridiculously large late payment fee (something like $200-250). Make sure to check your contract if that's in there. I set up automatic payment and then also put a monthly reminder to recur to check that they had actually charged my card for that month.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    That's what I love about my 750 [AT&T]...

The Palm OS on the 755p is still very new to me and I'm enjoying the learning experience...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Oh, and I have a dealer line which, in many ways, is pretty much the SERO plan [ $25/mo includes unlimited txt,pix,email,web ... 3000 anytime mins, unlimited nights/weekends, 7pm nights... and somemore stuff I can't recall]

If you can get the SERO plan, it's a no brainer!! And, yes it includes Power Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    because the reason I went all out on the power vision package, was because of sprint TV.
    I don't really use sprint tv.
    and I know I'm paying 35$ extra a month.
    I started to look into a slingbox & slingplayer.
    wich would make more sense, because, I would be able to watch more chanels (when I want ) and not pay monthly fees.
    I mean what am I really missing with the power vision plan? unlimited texts?
    because from my understanding, and corect me if I'm wrong; with a sero plan I could do the same thing I'm doing with the power vision, minus the sprint tv.

can some one explain to me some of the benefits of the power visoion plan over a sero?
    if I have a sero plan will those two blue triangle over the signal strength still be there? Or are the green arrow pointing left and right there?
    You do know that you're going to need Power Vision (EVDO) to be able to use a Sling Box.
    If you have PV and EVDO, you'll see blue triangles.