1.    #1  
    hey guys

i have a treo 650 and am using tomtom. i tried installing the tomtom home but for some reason it never recognizes my phone and after doing some searching around it appears that the tomtom home is not compatible with the treo650.

long story short... what's the best way to update my newengland map on my phone or even check the latest version?

thank you
    paul k
  2.    #2  
    application version is 4.420 (was 4.110)

england map v314 (was v300)
    TomTom Home is just some sort of way to purchase TomTom software, not sure how it interfaces with the Treo itself.

What version of TomTom are you trying to install? TomTom 6 is the latest.
    TomTom Home only recognizes an SD card, so you need a card reader attached to the PC. You can also use an app on the 650 like Card Reader from www.mobile-stream.com
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    my main and only objective is to have the latest maps for new england...
    How did you install TomTom in the first place?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  7.    #7  
    i got the palm gps navigator kit for my treo650 from ebay, which included all the software by tomtom and a gps unti by palm. looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-GPS-Navigat...QQcmdZViewItem

when i drive into boston i notice that the maps are not up to date so i figured no problem just update them, which is proving to be harder than i thought or maybe i'm just working too much

application version is 4.420 (was 4.110)
    england map v314 (was v300)

it changed because i was told that i must do this update: http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....o+650&FID=4804

paul
  8.    #8  
    is it because i have the 2004 version... i'm assumign it's the 2004 because of the 4.110?

any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated

paul
    MarkEagle is right. Navigator is distributed on an SD card, and your Treo will not start Navigator unless it is present on the currently-inserted SD card. Therefore, whenever TomTom Home (TTH) wants to see what version of Navigator or maps you have, it hunts around on your PC for a Windows devlce (e.g., E that contains Navigator. If TTH finds such a device, TTH scans it and notifies you of any components that are out of date. Otherwise, TTH assumes that you don't have Navigator.

Therefore, to get TTH to see your version of Navigator, you must do one of two things:

(1) Place your SD card containing Navigator into a USB card reader and mount the card reader so Windows can see it as a device.

(2) Install onto your Treo some software that allows your Treo to look like a Windows device (e.g., CardExport), then connect your Treo to your PC's USB port and start the card export software.

Performing either of these steps will automatically wake up TTH and you should be good to go.
    Kenji
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji View Post
    MarkEagle is right. Navigator is distributed on an SD card, and your Treo will not start Navigator unless it is present on the currently-inserted SD card. Therefore, whenever TomTom Home (TTH) wants to see what version of Navigator or maps you have, it hunts around on your PC for a Windows devlce (e.g., E that contains Navigator. If TTH finds such a device, TTH scans it and notifies you of any components that are out of date. Otherwise, TTH assumes that you don't have Navigator.

Therefore, to get TTH to see your version of Navigator, you must do one of two things:

(1) Place your SD card containing Navigator into a USB card reader and mount the card reader so Windows can see it as a device.

(2) Install onto your Treo some software that allows your Treo to look like a Windows device (e.g., CardExport), then connect your Treo to your PC's USB port and start the card export software.

Performing either of these steps will automatically wake up TTH and you should be good to go.
    i've actually tried the #1 option as i have a SD card reader on my laptop and still nothing.

tomtom HOME just sits there and nothing hapends....???
  11.    #11  
    i just tried the #2 option via CardExport and both options allow me to view my SD card however tomtomHOME continues to do absolutely nothing...
  12.    #12  
    long story short... i need navigator 6
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Why do you need TT nav 6 while the one you bought from ebay absolutely works. Well, the maps are out of date a little bit and it doesn't have seamless details USA maps but it is faster than TT6!

Here the step by step: you'll need a card reader for faster transfering maps. Format your card in treo, backup all data on card if you don't have an empty one.

1, Forget 'bout tt home.

2, Insert a SD card to card reader, then connect it to your PC.

3, Run the first CD "application" and "Agreed". Next: select "Palm Powered Handheld" Click on the arrow "->" Let it run.

4, Select the map(s) that you want by select "Add maps". It will prompt you to insert the appropriate CD (# 1-5) Remember to choose "Other Location (advanced)" Click on "->" then select Card reader (MMC/SD/CF)" Follow on screen instructions untill it says installation is finished.

5, Take out SD card, insert it to your treo. If you do not screw up anything it gonna ask you enter the unlock code. Write down your device ID (on treo screen) on the paper and call TTom 1-866-486-6866 [prepare for looooong hold] or log in to http://www.ttcode.com/index.php?strLanguage=us then enter the code to treo.

6, Pair your BT receiver by choose "other device" Select the picture that matches your receiver.

7 Enjoy driving. Goodluck.

More solutions for you:

a/ If you still insist to get Tomtom 6 w/ the latest version maps v6.65.xxxx then PM me.

b/ Send me your TT CD set and SD card in the pre-paid package, I'll help you out w/o any cost!
    Last edited by treoluv; 01/22/2008 at 07:39 PM.
    Treo Maniac?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Why do you need TT nav 6 while the one you bought from ebay absolutely works.
    I think he meant that he requires Navigator 6 if he wants to use TomTom Home to update his maps.
    Kenji
  15.    #15  
    all i want is the latest and best maps so that i can find any place i need to go in new england as i said that any city that has done any construction typically causes problems with the version 2004 that i have... besides that i LOVE this thing!

paul
  16.    #16  
    PS... i was told by the tomtom people that version 2004 (v4.xxx) and version 2005 (v5.xxx) are no longer being supported
  17.    #17  
    would the new england maps from a version 5 or 6 work on my older version?
  18.    #18  
    anyone....