Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I tried & it looks fine but they are some issues like not dialling all digit of phone number.
    I like the launcher that come with it ;anyone as succed to run it at 100% or this is definitely not useable?

what are the major issues to make it append?

Thank you

enotar
    Last edited by enotar; 01/11/2008 at 10:34 AM.
    the problem is it is interfacing with a gsm radio rather than a cdma radio. Completely different hardware.
    It sure would be nice if there was a way. Even the "consumer/social" focused Centro has the proper phone app. I don't know why they went to the dumbed down, less functional one for the 680. I miss my 650 and 700 app...
    ok, I am interested too..

what about the Treo 650 gsm unlocked phone app getting it on the Treo 680 gsm unlocked phone?

would that be difficult?
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Where can we find the 650 rom files to try?
    If the Phone apps from the 700P overide the 680 rom one the 650 files should work!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Links are not working anymore for downloads!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I finaly found one unlocked GSM & install the Phone app to try
    It works but dialed number are truncaded & I dont know why
    Bye the way the Phone app from 700P works the same way so I dont think the GSM or CDMA matter but this numbers truncaded (-2 digit at the begining) when dialing is strange!

I will continue the search but maybe someone as an idea?
    Why???? What is so wrong with the 680 phone app? Good grief.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Nothing
    But the interface of the T650 & T700P is sweet & the launcher include with the phone apps is great!
    Maybe we can use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    Nothing
    But the interface of the T650 & T700P is sweet & the launcher include with the phone apps is great!
    Maybe we can use it?
    Uh, the 680 phone app has Speedy keys, I don't know of any difference here.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Just try it!
    Take the 650 rom & copy Phone.prc & phone_enUS.prc to your 680.
    Harmless but when you hit Phone you'll see the differences.(you can delete afterwards with no problem)
    Skin+ this launcher when you push down so you can workaround with just the phone interface to launch ANYTHING!(50 or 60 shortcuts)
    I like it,it is like Favorites in the TX but well integrate at the phone application.
    It makes fast Treo operations
    The only reason I want to install Treo 650's phone app is because Treo 680 Phone App always tries to catch phone events first. This is the reason why sometimes Treo 680 freezes when trying to answer the phone (and yes I have, Butler, Phone Technician and TakePhone applications which try to also catch phone events first). So I need to try with another phone app.

Where did you find the ROM?

or if you be so kind and send me those files by e-mail. I have sold my old Treo 650 and can't get them.
    try this: xpanta-inbox-com
    Last edited by xpan; 01/11/2008 at 03:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    The only reason I want to install Treo 650's phone app is because Treo 680 Phone App always tries to catch phone events first. This is the reason why sometimes Treo 680 freezes when trying to answer the phone (and yes I have, Butler, Phone Technician and TakePhone applications which try to also catch phone events first). So I need to try with another phone app.

Where did you find the ROM?

or if you be so kind and send me those files by e-mail. I have sold my old Treo 650 and can't get them.
    try this: xpanta-inbox-com
    Just PM you

enotar