1.    #1  
    Without asking a redundant question, and spending hours of searching all the databases here and other places, I am looking for a program that will actually search literally every byte in every contact record. It seems that the Palm as well as the WM6 devices will only search fname/lname and possibly some other fields, but I can't seem to find anything that will actually search each entire record. The device I am using is the Treo 680 (ATT)

After a while, and entering lots of data, and as the DB grows, there is absolutely no way that anyone can remember everything in these DB's and where or which field it was put into. IE, I am a ham radio operator, and we know people by their call signs or by their first names and I would like to be able to search for their call sign in possibly one of the custom fields. A lot of the time, we don't know these people by their last names. I used to work for one of the phone companies way back when and developed a knack for remembering phone numbers or portions of them, and I would like to be able to search for numbers instead of by name, or by company, or birthday. I am also a missionary and know people by the countries they are from, and would like to be able to just put in the country name on a search rather than trying to remember how these foreign names are spelled.

Anyway enough of this and I think you get the idea. All I am looking for is a program that will do these generic searches across the contact file on the standard data that the palm desktop offers for valid data. Am I asking for something that is not available?

Help please, and THANKS
    try takephone at:

http://www.shsh.com

in the preferences you can choose which fields to search and whether to match words or within words. you can also search the note field, which should be most of the record's info.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Greetings,
    I looked at Intelligent find, FindWiz and they were just too much.

Beiks Find. Small program, 5 bucks, attached to the Palm find key sequence.
    Searches everything not just contacts. (Not SD card...good.)
    I have 680 and for some reason crashes first couple of times, after that OK.

Larry
    The inbuilt search function (Func + Left shift) seems to do what you want on my 650. Did they remove that for the 680?
    TAKEphONE www.shsh.com
    No it is not removed, but it will not find "234" in "1234" or "Arthur" in "McArthur", with Beiks find, it will. So the user who is looking for just snippits of info may find them.

lar'
    yes on the standard Palm search feature and double yes on TakePhone - just plain much easier. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by fredm View Post
    After a while, and entering lots of data, and as the DB grows, there is absolutely no way that anyone can remember everything in these DB's and where or which field it was put into. IE, I am a ham radio operator, and we know people by their call signs or by their first names and I would like to be able to search for their call sign in possibly one of the custom fields. A lot of the time, we don't know these people by their last names. I used to work for one of the phone companies way back when and developed a knack for remembering phone numbers or portions of them, and I would like to be able to search for numbers instead of by name, or by company, or birthday. I am also a missionary and know people by the countries they are from, and would like to be able to just put in the country name on a search rather than trying to remember how these foreign names are spelled.
    The standard search function on my 650 will do all of the bolded searches.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you guys!. The advice for the Func+LeftShift does work. As an added comment about the Takephone product, it is OK, but not up my alley for ease of use. I have tried it, and personally don't like it. Thanks for the suggestion.