1.    #1  
    Hi. Do any of you know which 3rd-party Treo 755p applications cause the Treo to reboot when receiving a file via Bluetooth?

I can send a file from my 755p to my laptop via Bluetooth, with no problems. However, if I send a file FROM my LAPTOP, TO my 755P, they connect, the laptop says the sending was successful, BUT my 755p reboots.

I just performed a hard reset to see if this problem was due to third-party software and I was able to successfully send the file from my laptop and receive it on my 755p.

Now I just have to figure out what caused the problem. The most recent apps I've installed at McPhling, Graphitti, Tryda, SendIt, and (although I thought I deleted, I still see) NetConnectDA (in my backup folder).

Thanks, in advance.
    Last edited by west3man; 01/10/2008 at 06:20 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2.    #2  
    McPhling appears to be the culprit. Man, my luck with DA launchers is pretty crappy.

Either DA Launcher is keeping me from using On Demand or McPhling is keeping me from receiving files via Bluetooth.
    I just started sending programs to my phone via bluetooth (screw Palm not supporting Vista fully). Oh so fast!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I just started sending programs to my phone via bluetooth (screw Palm not supporting Vista fully). Oh so fast!
    oh, yes! I couldn't give up that functionality, so I gave up McPhling, instead. :-(

Now my DA's are useless.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Sending files via BlueTooth works perfectly using Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5.It has worked perfectly since the 700P

Like most people, I have given up on Vista, and i only used it for those few times when I needed Windows. I don;t even believe Palm's next Linux OS will work well with Windows Vista. They need about 4 more SP's before it's as fast as XP and , um functional.

I have Vista and XP on Parallels on My MacBook Pro, and Vista is just a joke in so many respects! The whole nightmare of "User Account Settings" drove me nuts.

My advice is to get rid of your Windoze machine or revert back to XP or better yet, get a MacBook for $950.00 and you will have best of both worlds, but with much more reliable hardware, and if you use OS X instead of Windows, not visus, spyware or other security threats.

I occasionally get a reset doing a BT file transfer, which is due to sending a large Word document and the damn bugs in the NVFS file system. I resolve this issue by using Reset Doctor and having it clear the cache when it goes below 8 MB.

Another thing to try is to Hard Reset your 755, and when you do a restore from NVBackup (or whatever you use) make sure you do not grab the BT prefs file. Instead, setup each device again (pair) and you will be in good shape !
    You can disable UAC quite easily. On a system with at least 2gb of ram, Vista is roughly the same speed as XP running most apps, except when it comes to rendering (video encoding, DCC Tools), which I doubt most users do much of.

Also Vista is less vulnerable to spyware/malware/viruses than XP due to less development on it so far.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Sending files via BlueTooth works perfectly using Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5.It has worked perfectly since the 700P

Like most people, I have given up on Vista, and i only used it for those few times when I needed Windows. I don;t even believe Palm's next Linux OS will work well with Windows Vista. They need about 4 more SP's before it's as fast as XP and , um functional.

I have Vista and XP on Parallels on My MacBook Pro, and Vista is just a joke in so many respects! The whole nightmare of "User Account Settings" drove me nuts.

My advice is to get rid of your Windoze machine or revert back to XP or better yet, get a MacBook for $950.00 and you will have best of both worlds, but with much more reliable hardware, and if you use OS X instead of Windows, not visus, spyware or other security threats.

I occasionally get a reset doing a BT file transfer, which is due to sending a large Word document and the damn bugs in the NVFS file system. I resolve this issue by using Reset Doctor and having it clear the cache when it goes below 8 MB.

Another thing to try is to Hard Reset your 755, and when you do a restore from NVBackup (or whatever you use) make sure you do not grab the BT prefs file. Instead, setup each device again (pair) and you will be in good shape !
    It wasn't Vista. Like I said, it was a third-party program, McPhling.
    I agree with the poster about running Vista with at least 2 GB. Vista basically needs 1GB of ram to even function without doing any tasks. XP requires less but Vista I've found to be more efficient. The search indexing in Vista (as well as OS X) makes light work of finding features in Windows and finding files.

My only gripe with Vista is the lack of shutdown button when you select the Windows/start menu (you need to expand a button on the menu instead). Doesn't bother me personally because I've gotten used to Alt-F4 to shutdown/reset.

Then again as the OP said, this wasn't a Vista problem
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products