1.    #1  
    I appreciate your patience with this question, as I am just getting my Palm Centro this week.

I am upgrading from a Motorola Nextel i560 that not only to I use for work, but it's my only phone - no LAN line. Rumor has it that the Centro doesn't use a SIM card - is that true? If so, how can I get the 75 +/- contacts easily from my i560 to my new Centro without typing every single one of them in individually?

Will a Sprint / Nextel store do it?

Thanks for the help!
    Do you have a connection to you PC to your Moto? If so is theres PIM software? If so (lotsa ifs there I know) then you can export them to a csv file. Then once youve installed your Centro's software on your PC you can import those records.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    if you go to a sprint store, they have the hardware and software to transfer contacts from just about any phone made to your Centro. just delete the app off your phone once completed.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Does the I560 have blurtooth? I pushed all of my contacts from a Sanyo phone to my Centro over bluetooth.

Personally, I've never had any luck getting contacts transferred in store. Once on a Vi-660 to a Vi-2300 and once Vi-660 to a Katana. Both times (different stores, each store is the only Sprint store in their respective towns) I was told they didn't have the necessary software/cables to connect to my phones.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Guess its luck of the draw, or the store... I have 4 phones with sprint and not had an issue.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    The Centro does have software that will allow you to bring the numbers in from a computer. If you can get your old phone to export numbers to the computer, you shouldn't have any problems getting them into your centro. This will be true with most smartphones.

If you already have the numbers and contact information in Outlook, you can just sync your centro to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    if you go to a sprint store, they have the hardware and software to transfer contacts from just about any phone made to your Centro. just delete the app off your phone once completed.
    Thats usually the best way, they will transfer them over in less than 10 minutes.
  8.    #8  
    Dood - went to my local sprint store, told them what I wanted, and the guy actually said that he remembered he talked to me earlier that week. It took all of ten minutes, and he didn't charge me in the end!

w00T!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhnarchitekt View Post
    Dood - went to my local sprint store, told them what I wanted, and the guy actually said that he remembered he talked to me earlier that week. It took all of ten minutes, and he didn't charge me in the end!

w00T!
    Sprint, to the best of my knowledge has always done this for free.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    They say its normally $15 or something but they'll do me a favor and not charge me. That was at a real Sprint/Nextel Service Center. It took about ten minutes but they screwed up the info. I had to edit almost all of the contacts on the desktop. Everything was transferred but numbers were in the wrong category like home instead of mobile. That was a real hassle but I'm thankful I didn't lose anything and it was free to boot.