Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just got my new 755P and now have to shell out more cash bc my 700P extended battery and 4GB SD card don't fit. Any sugguestions where to pick up a extended battery and 4 GB miniSD card?
    You can purchase a Seido extended battery from TreoCentral for the 755p. I just bought a second regular battery and between the two, I've been more then covered to get through the day. The best place I found to get a good deal on a 4GB SDHC card is Buy.com. They sell for about $28 there at regular price, and frequently are on sale for less then $25.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipdawg View Post
    I just got my new 755P and now have to shell out more cash bc my 700P extended battery and 4GB SD card don't fit. Any sugguestions where to pick up a extended battery and 4 GB miniSD card?
    Seidio's extended batteries have worked well for me. I use the largest model for the 755p. You can get'em from Seidio's site or from one of the Treo site stores like TreoCentral, mytreo.net, etc.

I've never owned a 4GB mini sd card. Not sure if I've ever seen one.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I use a Sandisk 6gb microsd card, then you can get a micro to mini SD adapter for a few $.
    Question for you all from a newbie. Is there a difference between using a mini or a micro SD card?

I understand that the 755p, has a slot for a mini card, but that you can use a micro card with an adapter.

Is there any sort of quality issue in using a mini card over a micro card or vice versa? Or should I just be shopping on price?

Thanks - PE
    MicroSD is even smaller than miniSD. Many miniSD cards come with an SD adapter where the smaller card slides into the end of the SD and then can fit into a SD reader. Likewise, many MicroSD cards come with 2 adapters, a MiniSD and an SD so you're covered. Imagine a Russian nesting doll, if you will.

For me, the 755p is the first device I own that requires anything but SD and since it never leaves the phone, I don't have alot of need for the adapter. If you think you'll be using microSD in the future and want to be able to move the card around to other devices, then I can see wanting the smallest form factor. But at the rate memory is dropping in price, I would say that by the time you get the MicroSD device, you could just buy more memory for it.

I'm not aware of any quality issues using the adapters, but I'm sure they work better when plugged directly into the device.

In my eyes, when it doubt...keep it simple. Memory is cheap and is always getting cheaper.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    MicroSD+adapter will let you use larger than 4gb memory cards (up to 8gb at the moment I believe).

I believe the highest MiniSD is 4gb.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Seidio's extended batteries have worked well for me. I use the largest model for the 755p. You can get'em from Seidio's site or from one of the Treo site stores like TreoCentral, mytreo.net, etc.

I've never owned a 4GB mini sd card. Not sure if I've ever seen one.
    the larger battery requires a bigger door, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by pipdawg View Post
    the larger battery requires a bigger door, correct?
    The largest battery requires (and comes with) a bigger door, yes.

There's the stock battery which uses the stock door and there's a larger capacity battery which uses the stock door.

I use the stock battery with a super-slim rubberized hardcase in a belt pouch (with Power Hero) most days, but when I'm out-of-town and/or unlikely to be able to recharge as conveniently, I use the largest battery.

When I was working full-time, though, the stock battery sometimes didn't get me through a day of high activity. Now, I share that burden with my laptop, on my university's wi-fi connection.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    The 3200 battery is so worth the minor increase in battery door size imo.