Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 44449505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1160
  1.    #1061  
    Hi,

I dont recall such a feature - the right click always starts an SMS to the currently selected number.

I can not default to the mobile number, since the same dialog is also used for starting voice calls.

Maybe you're confuding this with the behaviour of the SMS button in the contact "details" screen - over there the popup list defaults to the first mobile number (since it's clear the user wants to SMS and not voice call).
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

I dont recall such a feature - the right click always starts an SMS to the currently selected number.

I can not default to the mobile number, since the same dialog is also used for starting voice calls.

Maybe you're confuding this with the behaviour of the SMS button in the contact "details" screen - over there the popup list defaults to the first mobile number (since it's clear the user wants to SMS and not voice call).
    Tks Shimon,

I perhaps I can achieve this by rearranging the order of the numbers as they appear in the list.

Tks Again
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Again....... I'm no help..... Sorry!

Shimon will be along soon........

Del,
    No sorry necessary. I can't even help myself.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I think you mean by the "Treo" preferences in TAKEphONE (i think its the last pref panel) second from top, there are two options:
    Pick from list
    Selected number
    Use, selected number.
    Shimon,

Just an update. I downloaded the latest version of the Ibar and installedon I8and everything works well. Thanks so much.

Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I think you mean by the "Treo" preferences in TAKEphONE (i think its the last pref panel) second from top, there are two options:
    Pick from list
    Selected number
    Use, selected number.
    Tks Mahootzki,
    I tried that and it just didn't do what I needed.
    I really need to rearrange the numbers in the list so that the cell number is the 1st number.
    Tks Anyway
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Question about Takephone. Been playing around with it and didn't see an answer. I can map the phone button to a list of apps to choose, and that is great. I can map the calendar button to it, fine. Is there a way to map a button to lauch the i-bar full screen shortcuts? (not sure what to call it - when you go to find page, arrow down and get a full page of shortcuts, not the speed dial). I'm using a centro, don't know if that would make a difference...
    under using the phone button, check launch takephone and then move the ibar to the top of the list.
    ibar isn't listed as an option, nor can I see a way to add since the browse just looks at installed apps.
    If I take a call, select speakerphone and then go to Takephone to do something else, how do I get back to the phone application to deselect the speakerphone?
    It will go back on its own after about 20-30 seconds or you hit the Menu button folowed by the "." button right above it.

so basicly 2 taps and you rback
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    Question about Takephone. Been playing around with it and didn't see an answer. I can map the phone button to a list of apps to choose, and that is great. I can map the calendar button to it, fine. Is there a way to map a button to lauch the i-bar full screen shortcuts? (not sure what to call it - when you go to find page, arrow down and get a full page of shortcuts, not the speed dial). I'm using a centro, don't know if that would make a difference...
    Yes, there is a way. From TAKEphONE's website, there is a freebie zip file called shortcuts. In that folder, there is a file called 2tpredial. Hotsync that to your phone, set it up on your button of choice, and you're all set. It will take you directly to the redial or i-bar screen, depending on which one you have set to show in TAKEphONE.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Yes, there is a way. From TAKEphONE's website, there is a freebie zip file called shortcuts. In that folder, there is a file called 2tpredial. Hotsync that to your phone, set it up on your button of choice, and you're all set. It will take you directly to the redial or i-bar screen, depending on which one you have set to show in TAKEphONE.
    Huh?! Wow, I never knew that! Hmmmmm............ I'll have to check out the shortcuts. Thanks mcentreville!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    ibar isn't listed as an option, nor can I see a way to add since the browse just looks at installed apps.
    Do you have the lastest version of TakePhone? I don't think it should matter but I also have the full screen ibar in place of the redial screen. (that option is a few screens up). I'm really thinking you are in the wrong place if you have a browse. You want the prefs screen that allows you to chose the order in which the screens cycle when you repeatedly hit the phone button. (It also allows you to skip sscreens too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Huh?! Wow, I never knew that! Hmmmmm............ I'll have to check out the shortcuts. Thanks mcentreville!
    No problem. I figure the more cust service I can provide, the more time Shimon has for developing
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    I'm using 7.6 build 15 (thought that was the latest).

I got the i-bar to be in place of redial (since I never would use it anyway...) I'll try the shortcuts, however, there is no ibar one, although if redial is ibar instead that could be fine. On the 'using the phone button' page there is no i-bar - AHA! I just noticed, normally there is no ibar, and you can select anything you want (select button) for most of them (although if you change the built-in ones I'm not sure how to get them back... maybe you can only change the last). However - if you select use ibar for redial, then ibar becomes an option..... interesting.

I'll try this - might work out and I'll be sending some $$ soon My goal is to use the ibar on the apps button, speed dial on the phone button and find on the calendar button.

minor note - It doesn't appear that the 'if device was off goto first tab' is working for some reason. I have it set to find. If I am in another screen or program it won't switch for some reason.
    If the phone is off and takephone is the app that is running, it should simply turn on and not cycle through anything. That is default behavior for palm apps.
  18.    #1078  
    I'm using 7.6 build 15 (thought that was the latest).

I got the i-bar to be in place of redial (since I never would use it anyway...) I'll try the shortcuts, however, there is no ibar one, although if redial is ibar instead that could be fine. On the 'using the phone button' page there is no i-bar - AHA! I just noticed, normally there is no ibar, and you can select anything you want (select button) for most of them (although if you change the built-in ones I'm not sure how to get them back... maybe you can only change the last). However - if you select use ibar for redial, then ibar becomes an option..... interesting.

I'll try this - might work out and I'll be sending some $$ soon My goal is to use the ibar on the apps button, speed dial on the phone button and find on the calendar button.

minor note - It doesn't appear that the 'if device was off goto first tab' is working for some reason. I have it set to find. If I am in another screen or program it won't switch for some reason.
    Hi,

1. Go to TAKEphONE "i-Bar" preferences page.
    Check ON the "Redial" button.

2. Go to TAKEphONE "Using the PHONE button" preferences page.
    You should see an "i-Bar" line in the list. Make sure it's on (no 'x'),
    and move it to the top of the list.

3. Now if you press the PHONE button to launch TAKEphONE -
    the full-screen i-Bar will show first. (no need to the shortcuts).

Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    It will go back on its own after about 20-30 seconds or you hit the Menu button folowed by the "." button right above it.
    so basicly 2 taps and you rback
    Thank you. I knew it would be covered. There's not much that isn't.
    Shimon, thanks. That's what I did so that ibar is now there instead of the redial. And I want to use the shortcuts since I want three buttons to map to three things (find, speed dial and ibar).

Quick question though - there is a select on that screen to pick another app to cycle through. If you change one of the defaults (find, speed dial, etc...) how do you put it back to the orig? And what is the intent of the 'if device goto first tab' selection?

Thanks!