Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    I'm on the thirty day trial and loving it, one small thing (and I don't know whether this is because it's a trial or not) sometimes the contact search doesn't work.

I put in a complete name and it says no contacts under it, (even when I've tried searching for family members with the same surname!), anyone else had this happen?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    I'm on the thirty day trial and loving it, one small thing (and I don't know whether this is because it's a trial or not) sometimes the contact search doesn't work.

I put in a complete name and it says no contacts under it, (even when I've tried searching for family members with the same surname!), anyone else had this happen?
    You might have it sorting to a category that doesn't contain the name you are searching for, and aren't aware of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    You might have it sorting to a category that doesn't contain the name you are searching for, and aren't aware of it.
    Er ok, where in the options can I change that?
    Ahh...just figured it out. I had 'turbo mode' on, turned it off and it works fine...

I've never had that happen. Try changing the find preferences - make sure turbo is off and select "words" instead of "fields", also make sure all the fields that you want to search within are selected -- like notes. If you are doing partial matches select "within words" instead of "words."
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yeah, I just purchased TakePhone and 2Day after witnessing the development of both from a distance, finally jumping ship from DialByPhoto, which wasn't becoming a better app over time. Also being a 4Cast owner, I really saw how well-supported ShSh software is, the constant development and improvement, the transparency of the process to the userbase through the open beta builds. You get your investment back tenfold from these apps.

Contrast this to my experience of Dial-by-Photo and Weather by GX-5, which I also bought hoping to see them develop further, and minimal improvements and support were given to those after the debuted. They have apparently been abandoned by the developer now as well, as he looks to have moved to the iPhone. Neither interacted with each other, or gave much benefit to other apps in the way 4Cast does through the plugin architecture. Instead of having 4 different apps syncing to grab the weather, i can have 4Cast do it once and share the info across the applications. Buying 2day and TakePhone leveraged my prior investment in 4Cast and made it more valuable.That's innovation beyond a pretty face.

ShSh is the pinnacle of Palm developers, along with some others like Alexander Pruss. These guys really support and improve their apps, while adding functionality to the Palm that allows us to get the most from our Garnet devices.
    Some good suggestions but you have to remeber there is a learning curve when using a new app.

I definately like the idea of the option to disable the name for each ibar entry in yellow as you highlight, but for someone just starting out it might lead to confusion and consiquently discontent with this great app.

I kinda experienced this first hand when I installed Takephone on my wifes Centro and quickly added a skin. Well most skins dont have the words on the tab buttons so she couldnt quite understand what they meant. She said she didnt like it and told me why. I made her a skin in the color she liked and added larger words for the tabs and now shes comfortable with it since she knew what tab is which.

The same thing applies to the blue halo. Me personally love your idea to have a transparent type highlight like whats used to highlight call-lolg entries etc but for the new user it could be a turnoff. Maybe an option. in prefs to do this.

One more thing to remeber is keeping it light. takephone does alot considering the small fottprint in memory. (about 700kb I think) It would be a mistake to overbloat it and cause it to lag our Treos/Centros even more. I personnaly just switched from a 700p to a 755p ( need a new reg code now) and love how fast the Treo is without anything installed. Switching from the launcher to the phone app is almost instantaneous!

But I know Shimon can keep on improving things and still keep it light.

And of course still waiting to see the Tasks due next to the sms and email icons along with the full page ibar.

Oh and how about smooth scrolling through the ibar? Like opera mini! That would be great! Its nice to dream. lol

Oh as for the ibar scrolling through 5 sets at a time I think maybe an option in prefs to do this. Cause I know going through eac entry is nice when you dont feel like touching the screen.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yeah, all the things I mention would be optional. I like flexibility And I definitely don't want to see the app bloat, most everything I suggested are just UI tweaks and not adding any new functionality.
    Hey everyone, I'm using the trial and chatteremail, I've set it as the default email and the email icon doesn't appear to recognise it. Emails come in but the number never changes, when I tap it it takes me to Versamail too. Any idea how to sort this?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I'm using the trial and chatteremail, I've set it as the default email and the email icon doesn't appear to recognise it. Emails come in but the number never changes, when I tap it it takes me to Versamail too. Any idea how to sort this?
    Did you set the TakePHONE Helpers setting to Chattermail+?
    Did you set the TakePHONE Helpers setting to Chattermail+?
    Yep, already done.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    How about a soft reset just for old times sake?
    How about a soft reset just for old times sake?
    No joy.
  14.    #974  
    Hi,

You need to select Chattermail as the default email app - not only in TAKEphONE "Helpers" screen, but also in the system "Prefs" applications - at the "Default applications" section.

Do you see the Chattermail emails count in the built-in PHONE app ?
    It may be that Chattermail does not support the interface to report unread emails...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15.    #975  
    0. Option to not display tooltips on highlighted i-Bar entris.

>>> Done - will be posted with the next build.

1. Would it be possible for the Find screen to use the sort of highlighting found on the Call log screen, ie. skinned by TakePhone, not the POSblue halo? Would it be possible for the iBar to also do the same, use something besides the blue halo?

>>> Afraid I dont want to do this, since I believe I need to differentiate
    >>> to the user the two modes: 'normal' mode where the cursor
    >>> navigates between items on the search list, and '5way'
    >>> mode where he/she can access the i-Bar, last call, 4cast, calendar
    >>> and other items on the screen.

2. Is it possible to make the clock display on the Find screen a clickable link to an external app? I use Palmary Clock, it would be great to just allow a simple launch of a specified app, people could use egg timers, or maybe the Palm Sounds preference?

>>> This will confuse users. You can always create an i-Bar entry for this.

3. Is it possible to give the iBar more flexibility over ordering and viewing what is in the iBar? The interface right now is hard to move around your favorites. An option to treat each 5-item view as an item and move and flip through your contacts this way seems more efficient. Sets of related stuff could be on each view. I would really like to be able to flip through pages of 5 icons with one click instead of scrolling through all of the icons.

>>> You can change ordering of i-Bar entris in preferences: go to
    >>> TAKEphONE prefs, and select the 'i-Bar' tab.

4. Could you make scrolling through the iBar icons faster? Maybe a few options, from slow to blurry ?

>>> Not sure I understand this one.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

You need to select Chattermail as the default email app - not only in TAKEphONE "Helpers" screen, but also in the system "Prefs" applications - at the "Default applications" section.

Do you see the Chattermail emails count in the built-in PHONE app ?
    It may be that Chattermail does not support the interface to report unread emails...
    Hey TP,

Yep it's been set to default email in all prefs. That may be a point but have no way of finding that put tbh...it's a bit annoying because it means if I get an email when I'm away from my I don't know unless I check. Where as with texts I can see instantly...
    Aha! I figured it out; I had Chatter set as default in the TakePhone prefs and the phone right? But what I didn't do (or even realise to do!) was set it as the default email in Chatter itself! It now works perfectly.
  18.    #978  
    Aha! I figured it out; I had Chatter set as default in the TakePhone prefs and the phone right? But what I didn't do (or even realise to do!) was set it as the default email in Chatter itself! It now works perfectly.
    Hi,

Good to know that.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Yes, I use ChatterEmail as my default and my unread email count shows up in TakephOne. Isn't it Grand!!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Hmmmmmmmm........... I use Snappermail, and it doesn't show the # of unread emails, but it works in 2day.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p