Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    I had the same problem when trying to access the USAirways mobile site. The shortcut worked fine from the i-bar, but when accessed through TreoLauncher I got a reset every time. The shortcut was using a long address to get directly to the USAir mobile site (http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.u..._itt_redirect). When I changed to use the address to the standard USAir site (usairways.com), which automatically recognizes a mobile device and switches formats, the shortcut works fine from TL. Is it possible that the problem might be the length of the address?
    I suspect the URL length, too.
    That's why I asked for an example of a URL.
    The one for USAIRWAYS does indicate a problem.

I will investigate and try to fix asap.

As for the transparent pixels - can you post a sample screenshot ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Is there a way to disable the tooltips on the ibar? Could that be added? I know my items in the bar just from their images. Thanks!
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Is there a way to disable the tooltips on the ibar? Could that be added? I know my items in the bar just from their images. Thanks!
    I dont think so (right now).

Will add it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    I dont think so (right now).

Will add it.
    Cool While I'm at it, can I make some other suggestions?

I really like how all your apps work so well together, and I'd love to see even more integration. It would be great if TakePhone could include 4Cast and 2Day through it's loop cycle.

I use Agendus and I really appreciate that I can have those icons carry over into 2Day But it would be nice to have the option to force all text to a user-specified color, I'd like each application to have more control setting it's own mood Agendus doesn't work so well with dark backgrounds, so I'd like 2Day to have a dark background matching my TakePhone screen with white text, that sort of thing

The rest is suggestions for 2Day, which I also recently bought but am having some trouble adapting to.

It would be great if 2Day could function as a keyguard. It would come on automatically when turning on the device, and require an unlock press to get past it. You could have a preference for staying in 2Day after unlock or exiting. Possibly allow two different keypresses to get it unlocked and into the two different modes.

It would be nice to be able to have a larger weather plugin displayed. The first line 4Casts 5-Day view would be a nice size and look.

It would be nice to have multi-line events in the calendar and tasks so you can read a whole item without clicking on it.

It would be nice to be able to be able to have a checkbox next to tasks to check them off without opening a dialog box.

Anyhow, thanks for humoring me with a read.
    Cool While I'm at it, can I make some other suggestions?

I really like how all your apps work so well together, and I'd love to see even more integration. It would be great if TakePhone could include 4Cast and 2Day through it's loop cycle.

I use Agendus and I really appreciate that I can have those icons carry over into 2Day But it would be nice to have the option to force all text to a user-specified color, I'd like each application to have more control setting it's own mood Agendus doesn't work so well with dark backgrounds, so I'd like 2Day to have a dark background matching my TakePhone screen with white text, that sort of thing

The rest is suggestions for 2Day, which I also recently bought but am having some trouble adapting to.

It would be great if 2Day could function as a keyguard. It would come on automatically when turning on the device, and require an unlock press to get past it. You could have a preference for staying in 2Day after unlock or exiting. Possibly allow two different keypresses to get it unlocked and into the two different modes.

It would be nice to be able to have a larger weather plugin displayed. The first line 4Casts 5-Day view would be a nice size and look.

It would be nice to have multi-line events in the calendar and tasks so you can read a whole item without clicking on it.

It would be nice to be able to be able to have a checkbox next to tasks to check them off without opening a dialog box.

Anyhow, thanks for humoring me with a read.
    you have some good sugestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticaly4u View Post
    you have some good sugestions.
    they are very good suggestions, I use and love 2Day also, but I have several plug-ins showing (4Cast, Status bar) Tasks, appts. and app launcher bar at the bottom; and my screen is jammed to the very bottom. We are only dealing with a 320px square screen. I use the 4Cast plug-in on TakephOne and choose 2lines for it, and it still only shows 3 days of forecasts. It is just too much info to try to cram on a little square screen. But I like the checkbox idea for tasks, to check off as you complete and they then disappear - that is exactly what my DateBk6 does and it is very cool.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  7.    #947  

>>> Afraid I cant manage teo apps within the loop cycle - once I
    >>> launch another app - I lose control.

>>> What prevents this ?

>>> Afraid 2day is a bit to heavy (with all it's features) to be able
    >>> to be run as KeyGuard.

>>> Working on it.

>>> This is on my list, but not sure if/when.

>>> On my list, too.

Thank YOU for this inputs.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I've been seeing a roaming icon appear quite a bit reently. It only lasts for a second and then disappears. I'm assuming it is getting automatically drawn prior to hecking the actual status. Is y thinking correct? Could this be adjusted?
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I use the 4Cast plug-in on TakephOne and choose 2lines for it, and it still only shows 3 days of forecasts.
    It probably should be obvious to me, but I must confess I can't find the option you're speaking about, of showing 2 lines of the 4cast plug-in within TAKEphOne. Or, did I misunderstand? Thanks!
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I also don't see an option in TAKEphONE (or 4cast for that matter) to chose between displaying 1 or 2 lines. However, I know in DateBk6 one can select either 1 or 2 lines (that's how I use it) for the 4cast plugin. So perhaps Dollface is mixing this up?

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

>>> What prevents this ?
    If I select the Calendar app to handle Calendars, then it will use 2Day's internal icons as set in the Categories settings, and I can set the font color very nicely. But if I select Agendus, it will let me use Agendus' icons, but then forces me to use Agendus' font color as well. My Agendus fonts are all set for dark so I can see them within Agendus. I'd like to choose if I want to keep the internal setting for fonts but use Agendus' icons, so the two apps will play nicely together
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    BTW TAKEphONE, props to you for so actively including us all in the development of your app, I can't imagine better support of a product.

Cheers,

Braj
  13.    #953  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I've been seeing a roaming icon appear quite a bit reently. It only lasts for a second and then disappears. I'm assuming it is getting automatically drawn prior to hecking the actual status. Is y thinking correct? Could this be adjusted?
    In TAKEphONE ?!

I dont draw any roaming icon - it must be the system radio icon ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
  14.    #954  
    If I select the Calendar app to handle Calendars, then it will use 2Day's internal icons as set in the Categories settings, and I can set the font color very nicely. But if I select Agendus, it will let me use Agendus' icons, but then forces me to use Agendus' font color as well. My Agendus fonts are all set for dark so I can see them within Agendus. I'd like to choose if I want to keep the internal setting for fonts but use Agendus' icons, so the two apps will play nicely together
    I see.

Will try to add a seperate option to use fonts and/or colors.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    I see.

Will try to add a seperate option to use fonts and/or colors.
    Awesome, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I also don't see an option in TAKEphONE (or 4cast for that matter) to chose between displaying 1 or 2 lines. However, I know in DateBk6 one can select either 1 or 2 lines (that's how I use it) for the 4cast plugin. So perhaps Dollface is mixing this up?

Cheers.
    You got me, that is one of the side-effects of being an application junkie, you can't remember what does what. On DateBk6, you can use 4Cast as a plug-in with one or two lines. Using two lines, it will give you today's weather on the first line, and the next two days weather on the second line. Very nice option.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Actually, you could just put the initial of the app/person or even just a . [period]. When you're scrolling through the i-Bar, the tooltip still shows above the image, but by using an initial or . the tooltip isn't as big.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Actually, you could just put the initial of the app/person or even just a . [period]. When you're scrolling through the i-Bar, the tooltip still shows above the image, but by using an initial or . the tooltip isn't as big.
    Well, it isn't gone either

But I'm also partially lookin for a solution to a redraw issue that happens because of the tool tip sometimes. It may be caused in part becaiuse I have SkinUI and FontSmoother installed too, but regardless, no (unneeded) tooltip, no redraw issue
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Just a few more feature requests:

1. Would it be possible for the Find screen to use the sort of highlighting found on the Call log screen, ie. skinned by TakePhone, not the POSblue halo? Would it be possible for the iBar to also do the same, use something besides the blue halo?

2. Is it possible to make the clock display on the Find screen a clickable link to an external app? I use Palmary Clock, it would be great to just allow a simple launch of a specified app, people could use egg timers, or maybe the Palm Sounds preference?

3. Is it possible to give the iBar more flexibility over ordering and viewing what is in the iBar? The interface right now is hard to move around your favorites. An option to treat each 5-item view as an item and move and flip through your contacts this way seems more efficient. Sets of related stuff could be on each view. I would really like to be able to flip through pages of 5 icons with one click instead of scrolling through all of the icons.

4. Could you make scrolling through the iBar icons faster? Maybe a few options, from slow to blurry ?
    1st- Shimon, 1 of the top developers! 2nd- Shimon, thank you! 3rd- A lot of good requests here... 4th- Please, please do NOT make it another ToyCrap(Toysoft for you followers ) application, all these years, & HE(ToyCrap)adds more & more to one app & kills the Treo. I know Shimon knows MORE & BETTER, so as much as all request's sound good, understand the Palm OS has a limit